It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'2nd face' on Shroud points to supernatural origin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Another image of crucified man revealed during restoration

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ff78464119d3.jpg[/atsimg]

Scientists examining the Shroud of Turin since the restoration that began in 2000 have found a "second face" on its reverse "hidden side," a discovery they believe adds evidence to the argument it is not a medieval painting or photographic rendering. As part of the restoration undertaken in the summer of 2002, the Holland cloth – the backing cloth placed on the shroud by the Poor Clare Nuns to preserve it after the 1532 fire – was removed, permitting for the first time in centuries an examination of the back side.

To the naked eye, the backside of the shroud appears to show no image whatsoever. Like the face image on the front side of the shroud, the previously hidden image on the backside is a superficial image that exists only on the topmost linen fibers, created by the same dehydration process characteristic of the face and body image on the front.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5fc75f5b821.jpg[/atsimg]

The researchers concluded the image of the face on the backside of the shroud was not created by a process of painting in which the facial image on the front "bled through" to create an image on the reverse side.
Source: www.wnd.com...

I have to say they make an interesting case but ones has to have a lot of faith to believe in the original one, let alone a 2nd one. Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Could this be The Holy Spirit that is screaming out in pain?
WOW, it's kind of eeerie, spooky looking, round holes for the eyes and mouth, accompanied with cheek lines. WOW. Not something that I would want to be up against.
S&F

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I magnified the image and the mouth appears to be forming the words," Abba" or Father.
Wow, just wow!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
World news daily...

PUNKED!

EDIT: Oh wait, this is world net daily. Not too sure how genuine this is. There are no other sources as of yet to corroborate.

[edit on 28/4/2010 by serbsta]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
One of the major problems with the Shroud of Turin is that is WAS NOT the way people were put to rest back then - the covering of the face was not part of the culture until 800 years later...

(I'll try and find a citation but most people on here don't care about providing it so we'll just go with this lol. I heard about it from a full professor of Philosophy)

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
okay well the first one is a fake so the other one must be real. But that picture says in the caption

Negative of image on front of Shroud of Turin

So this picture is not of the "hidden one on the back" and whats more is that i do not think this is even a negative

Original shorud

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62102bb6d460.jpg[/atsimg]

Black and white

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52d0d1b3e20b.jpg[/atsimg]

"Hidden picture"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d5fc75f5b821.jpg[/atsimg]

I got the original image from www.shroudstory.com... it is on the right hand side. I just got my image editor and made it black and white then i got the "negative"

reply to post by Violater1

I magnified the image and the mouth appears to be forming the words," Abba"

Yeah i know when trying to lip read off a picture of a person with his mouth shut can be quite a challenge so mixing Abba up with father could be pretty easy.
But ABBA?Really? Maybe you have ha a little too much coast to coast.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Who cares about this I believe Jesus was a man nothing more he had kids and lived like the rest of us oh and before you go asking for proof where is yours?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddyweiser
Who cares about this I believe Jesus was a man nothing more he had kids and lived like the rest of us oh and before you go asking for proof where is yours?

The letters from the disciples are the proof, since they were well trusted as being dependable and reliable, except for Judas of course.

I will believe their letters before I would believe anything you say.
In fact, I don't think I would be foolish enough to ever believe anything you say. You do have the God given right to believe anything you wish of course.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by UfoSpecial

Let me guess those letters come from your man written Bible?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
This is pretty if it's true. For all you fans of the shroud, here's a youtube video that you'll enjoy. www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I magnified the image and the mouth appears to be forming the words," Abba" or Father.
Wow, just wow!

You cannot tell from a still image (and a grainy, fuzzy one at that) what the mouth appears to be forming, especially a double syllable word.

Me thinks your reaching a bit there.

It's quite clearly some sort of elaborate fake. The face doesn't even look real, it looks like how people where painted, not like an actual face. If someone really looked like that, they fell out the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down before smashing, face first, into the ugly rock at the bottom.

Gotta love the irony of a cloth with a blatantly fake image of a man is accepted as "real", yet crystal clear images of UFO's are automatically labelled "photoshop!"..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't see a face in that first picture. But I do see something resembling a cross. Strange.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I had forgotten about that tidbid-I didn't hear something like that a few years back.

I guess that is why it is call Faith. YOU are the one who either believes or not etc.

On the exact same note, what is the difference of a person believing in UFO/ALiens? Faith-of a different kind?

For myself-today, and after becomng a member here-I am torn. About 50-50 between believing that Jesus will return or Aliens will return (of come for the 1st time for the non-believers). Darn it, anohter poll question!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
There is strong evidence pointing to the shroud being a forgery by Leonardo Da Vinci. The dimensions of the face match uncannily with Da Vinci's self portrait and that of another painting - now thought to be another self portrait of sorts - the Mona Lisa. Yes I know it's a female, but it's thought that Da Vinci used his self portrait in several of his pictures to determine facial structure and matching these with enhanced photographic technology has brought about the conclusion.

Though we may never know, I find the evidence for such origins compelling.

Here is an article which will give more info. I'll try to find a copy of the documentary.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think that its this man under the rug.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Wow, just wow!

That is hilarious! And then the holy spirit is screaming out in pain? Spirits can feel pain?

Could this be The Holy Spirit that is screaming out in pain?
Not something that I would want to be up against.

So you better follow him because you're scared of his power? Sounds like a good reason to be a believer to me.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Hydroman]

top topics

join