It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is both Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark are the smartest characters in their respective universes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Is Bruce Wayne are the Smartest Character in the DC universe while Tony Stark are the smartest character in the Marvel Universe?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by masonicon]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Among the mortal characters, I would say they are pretty close. You can't forget about Mr. Terrific, AFAIK the only superpower he has is being a genius. I would also rank Lex Luthor, Norman Osborne, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Beast and a plethora of others closely up there.

I forget exactly who was part of Marvel's Illuminati, but I think it was Prof-X, Namor, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Dr Strange and Black Bolt, they were regarded as Marvel's most brilliant minds. I think there was a dark illuminati group with Normal Osborne, Emma Frost, Dr Doom, and I think Namor again..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrAndy
Among the mortal characters, I would say they are pretty close. You can't forget about Mr. Terrific, AFAIK the only superpower he has is being a genius. I would also rank Lex Luthor, Norman Osborne, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Beast and a plethora of others closely up there.

I forget exactly who was part of Marvel's Illuminati, but I think it was Prof-X, Namor, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Dr Strange and Black Bolt, they were regarded as Marvel's most brilliant minds. I think there was a dark illuminati group with Normal Osborne, Emma Frost, Dr Doom, and I think Namor again..

I think Tony stark is the smartest member of the Marvel's Illuminati?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Superman has called Batman the most dangerous man on Earth, and Mr. Terrific has been called the most intelligent man on Earth. For immediate action, I would trust Batman more, but in the long run they're probably comparable. (And if I may humbly correct you, MrAndy - Mr. Terrific's super-power is being invisible to technology. He can't be seen on video or heard on audio.)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hum.... I think Lex Luthor is way smarter than Batman...

...On the other hand, Reed Richards and Dr. Doom are smarter than Tony Stark....

[edit on 20-5-2010 by cosmokatt7]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7
Hum.... I think Lex Luthor is way smarter than Batman...

...On the other hand, Reed Richards and Dr. Doom are smarter than Tony Stark....

[edit on 20-5-2010 by cosmokatt7]

Is Lex Luthor is really credited as the Number one Smartest fictional character in the DC Universe?

And who's smarter: Reed Richards or Galactus?

[edit on 21-5-2010 by masonicon]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

What is Mortal Characters?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

What is Mortal Characters?

I was excluding characters from the universes who would be described as gods or god-like as I am sure they would have the most knowledge.

Considering Galactus pre-dates the creation of the universe, wields the power cosmic and has the powers to do anything a god could do, I would say his intellect is vastly superior to Reed Richards.

I would rank Batman ahead of Lex Luthor, but it's close.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
There are a lot of smarties in the DC universe.
Professor Stein Firestorm.
Blue Beetle.
Rip Hunter.
Batman is the smartest of them, he has a plan for every possible scenario, and he created the OMAC's and Brother I.
In the marvel universe in the Avenger's which had Antman in control of the team, and in a base which are between all the dimensions ad the universes.
Hank Pym was called the Scientist Supreme, so Hank Pym in the end is the smartest person in the Marvel Universe.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Why Often in Many DC comics continuities, Lex Luthor is the Number one Smartest Character(smarter than any other characters including any non-human/alien characters as well robotic/Artificial characters)?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Limiting this to non-superpowered beings, such as the Leader who has superhuman intelligence, I would say Stark is one of the smartest. Reed Richards and Henry Pym are up there too.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
Why Often in Many DC comics continuities, Lex Luthor is the Number one Smartest Character(smarter than any other characters including any non-human/alien characters as well robotic/Artificial characters)?

I’ve seen him typecast as a genius, but not the smarts. Yes he is pretty high up there in the brain crunch department, but if we are going villain side, you must include Brainiac in that list. I believe he is the smartest villain followed by LL.

As for heroes on the DC side, I would say it would be a tie between batman and the Blue Beetle. But my vote goes for Bas, he is my favorite.

~G~

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Lex Luthor would be the smartest in the DC Universe. I'm not a X-Man fan, but the bald guy in the wheel chair is supposed to be smart. Is he Xavier? He was in the Marvel Illuminati.

The most resourceful, I believe would be the Joker in DC Comics. There are different levels of smartness though.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Brainiac is the smartest being in the DC Universe i believe. Brainiac has a 12th lvl intellect. Although Lex Luthor is sometimes known to have a 12th lvl intellect as well. but thats probably Mr.Luthor on an ego trip.
Earthlings in the DC universe have an average of 6th lvl intellect.

Batman probably hangs around the 10th lvl. just as Lex Luthor would be around the 10th lvl. but thats all speculation on my part.

Superman however is very smart as well, i wouldnt put him on the same lvl as Brainiac but Superman has his super-speed. Which would allow him to build and invent stuff in just a few seconds.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, Gregory Stark is more intelligent than Tony.

posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by General Zod
Limiting this to non-superpowered beings, such as the Leader who has superhuman intelligence, I would say Stark is one of the smartest. Reed Richards and Henry Pym are up there too.
i agree with the henry pym often among newer marvel readers he is lesser known as a genius

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What about Bruce Banner or Dr. Doom?

As Bruce Banner, he is considered one of the greatest minds on Earth. He has developed expertise in the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, and physiology, and holds a Ph.D. in nuclear physics. He possesses "a mind so brilliant it cannot be measured on any known intelligence test."[59] Bruce Banner also makes use of his intelligence to create highly advanced technology labelled as "Bannertech", which is on par with technological development from Tony Stark or Doctor Doom. The most common Bannertech Bruce uses is a force field able to shrug off blows from Hulk-level entities, along with a teleporter, which can be used to transport an unknown number of people. Bannertech is also used by Amadeus Cho, as well as the Hulk persona itself.

Above from wikipedia.
edit on 14-4-2011 by daikaiju because: addition

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I think Reed Richards is generally thought of as the smartest man in the Marvel universe. Then there is Tony Stark, Hank McCoy (beast), Peter Parker, Amadeus Cho, Bruce Banner, and Hank Pym.

In DC, Bruce is pretty damned smart, but so is Clark Kent, Mr Terrific and Dr Will Magnus (creator of the Metal Men). I'd say that DC lacks heroes with supreme brain power in comparison to Marvel. However, most of DC's geniuses are villains.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
In Marvel Universe the High evolutionary is one of the most intelligent... i dont really know if that means smartest though,

depends if you mean out and out IQ

Mr Sinister and Apocolypse are also up there with Intelligence based on longevity of life,

Mr sisniter being a Scientist and inventor in his own right.

i'd have to check but is one of black bolts brorthers/cousins that live on the moon with him not supre intelligent too?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
No.

I would have to say in Batman's world the smartest one is Alfred he has wisdom Bruce only dreamed of.

And in Iron Man's world it would be Pepper. He would be lost without her.

top topics

join