It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobs Americans won't do. The fix is in!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I keep hearing how illegal immigrants do all the jobs Americans won't do. Now why is it that Americans don't want to pick berries or shovel horse poop for minimum wage? They would have to be insane to do that. All you have to do if you are a legal citizen is knock out a couple of babies with your BabyMama and you get free housing, free insurance, free food, etc.. and none of the responsibility of showing up for work on time or paying rent each month. Its a no-brainer, in fact I find myself to be quite the sucker for working all these years to take care of my family.

Now the fix. End entitlements. I bet if you and your BabyMama is starving to death because you dont get any more food stamps or you are freezing to death because you dont get anymore free housing then shoveling horse crap to put food on the table, heck even buy a table, heck even pay rent to have a place to put that table in.. shoveling horse crap for minimum wage starts looking pretty attractive.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So you want a country of slaves to do the hard labour for a minimun wage have them work almost 24/7 whilst you do what?
if for example all the worlds population has an iq of 200. That means you will still have intelligent people working for a minimum wage.....hardly seems fair is it?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by loner007]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
So you want a country of slaves to do the hard labour for a minimun wage have them work almost 24/7 whilst you do what?

Slaves don't get paid. So it is ok to let people come here illegally and work for what you call slave wages, because we are too good to do it ourselves?

Did you ever stop to think wages might go up when there are no more illegal immigrants who will shovel horse crap just so you don't turn them into the INS.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loner007

I don't think that was the point he was trying to make. Give people no other choice but to work, and guess what they'll do.........WORK!!

Working doesn't make you a slave. When you work, you trade your labor for monetary compensation.

Kick all the illegals out and trash the federal welfare system. It would make your head spin as to how fast the unemployment numbers would go down.

Most legal Americans would be employed!!!!!!

[Damn all those plantation owners
]

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's not that most Americans have an aversion to physical labor, it's that most Americans need/want to get paid at least minimum wage to do the job.

The real fix would be to severely penalize those companies that pay illegal workers under the table. When companies do this they are driving down everyone's wages and skipping out on taxes. It's really a lose-lose situation for all of us.

I've got two degrees but I can't find work. Pay me $8/hr and I'll go pick any vegetable you want, but even on that I can't begin to pay back my student loans, put food on the table and a roof over my head.

A Tale of Two Cities comes to mind when thinking of our desperate situation. There was a system that was failing it's people and the people did the only thing they had left in their power to do.

The technocracy, our modern global system, continues to fail us in every conceivable manner.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My $.02

In 1985 I could work on any golf course in southern Florida and make $10 to $12/hour, with experience you could start at $8/hour. The next five years brought in 400,000 Haitians(thanks Bill Clinton) and suddenly you would be laughed at if you wanted $10/hour after 5 years at the same course, and when you went the next place you would start no higher than $7/hour and most got $5.50 with no way you would ever get to $10.

I was a white American willing to work.
They were a people who wanted to be Haitian's in America not Americans.
I met 1 that wanted to be American and he worked hard and despised the majority that only learned how to abuse the system.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by TAWonATS]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by TAWonATS]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Peace Pipe

i think the real problem is that we dont have our own space to build our own house to grow our own food without paying taxes. o and the fact that we cant actually fit that many people.

in cali they hire the ilegals over citizens.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by onequestion]

top topics

join