It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Toothy, Flying Dino Discovered in Texas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6a4598d290b.jpg[/atsimg]

100 million years ago, a tremendous inland sea covered Texas and toothy, winged dinosaurs soared over what's now downtown Austin. A new fossil shows the range of such creatures -- and the end of the species. Based on a fossil found in 2006, a new member of the winged lizard family commonly called pterodactyls has been identified. And while the dinosaur soared over the seas a stunning 95 million years ago, it's one of the youngest members of the family ever identified.

Pterosaurs ruled the skies from the late Triassic, more than 200 million years ago, to the end of the Cretaceous, about 65 million years ago, when they went extinct. They represent the earliest vertebrates capable of flying.

"I was scanning the exposure and noticed what at first I thought was a piece of oyster shell spanning across a small erosion valley," said Hall as he recalled the discovery. "Only about an inch or two was exposed. I almost passed it up thinking it was oyster, but realized it was more tan-colored, like bone. I started uncovering it and realized it was the jaw to something -- but I had no idea what. It was upside down and when I turned over the snout portion it was nothing but a long row of teeth sockets, which was very exciting."

Source: www.foxnews.com...

What can one say other than wow. With all of these type of things flying around
it must have been hard to get a good meal in. I just can't beleive we came from them, rather beings that live then. What will it be like in the future. Whenever I see this type of story I can't help but remember Land of the Lost and Sleestacs!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
You need to add the word "fossil" to your thread title. It is misleading.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You want the headline altered? What did you think it was-a live one?

I just put the headline donw from the article-sorry.

join