It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt: Lebanon in 'panic' over fear of Israeli attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Egypt: Lebanon in 'panic' over fear of Israeli attack

www.haaretz.com

"Complete panic" is reigning in Lebanon because of fears of an Israeli attack and another war, Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit said in a closed meeting earlier this week, sources say.

Military censorship has prevented the publication of many details, but reporters and analysts in the foreign media have mentioned various types of arms that Israel says Syria has made available to Hezbollah. These include anti-aircraft missiles, Scuds, and in some reports, chemical weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well well, Lebanon is SO MUCH a threat to Israel that they are pissing their pants in fear of another war... They know that when Israel ``attacked Hizbullah`` they did not bomb Hizbullah, but bombed critical civilian infrastructure north of the fighting zone... they bombed water plants, electricity plants, ect...

And all the threats from Israel saying that next time they attack Lebanon, they gonna raze everything because Hizbullah is part of the government sure helps calming those fears eh?

And the article earlier this year about the price on the street of RPGs and AK47s in Lebanon would sure confirm that fears of war in Lebanon are very high...

Doesn't matter that all that ``Syria transferred SCUDs to Hizbullah`` business is utter BS... the medias are still repeating it again and again...

If I would be in Lebanon I would be scared too because I know that Lebanon can defend itself against Israel, but at the same time Israel is saying that Lebanon is threat to Israel... that seems to me like warmongering from Israel...not from Lebanon.

However, a number of Western intelligence agencies, including those of the United States, have expressed great doubts about the reliability of Israeli intelligence, or at least the analysis of the available data.

INDEED. ISRAEL IS FULL OF IT. WARMONGERING PROPAGANDA AS ALWAYS.

The reports and the public discussion have fed the panic in Lebanon. Haaretz has learned that Aboul Gheit explained in his closed meeting that because of the tensions in Beirut, he sent letters to U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and some of his counterparts in leading EU countries.

In the letters, Aboul Gheit asked Western countries to intervene with Israel to prevent a conflagration on its northern border.

Does Lebanon seeks war? NO THEY SEEK PEACE AND DIPLOMACY, those actions shows this.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak met yesterday with United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon. He stressed that "the UN has a great role to play in blocking the transfer of weapons from Syria to Hezbollah."

Yeah and what about the UN SHOOTS DOWN YOUR WARPLANES VIOLATING LEBANESE AIRSPACE EVERY SINGLE DAY?

Sorry Israel, your little ``we're persecuted`` theatre act AIN'T WORKING NO MORE.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I like israel. I like Lebanon. I don't like it when a group of people that propagate fear and war antics towards another population of humans.

I also hate how a group of bad jewish people make the entire race and israel into #. I dislike the idea that people hate. They want israel gone. What makes you different if we went to war with israel? We would be doing the same as israel.

Also, it's fear. what is honestly the difference between israel relentless war starting money pinching, genocidal wave and America/Europe being terrified over Terrorism, national debt, weak currency and natural events
It's all government control. It probably wasn't a good idea to place israel within such a hotspot during WW2.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am gonna agree with Jordan River.

I like both Lebanon and Israel,
however I think they have bad apples
at the top of the tree on both sides
just like we do here in America.

Wouldn't the world be a lot nicer place
if warmongers weren't holding all the red
buttons???

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wow those egyptians and lebanese are tough and smart. They keep poking a stick at the tiger, then when he growls they cower in a corner and start crying. They are such great men.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Fact is that Israel is WAY MORE POWERFUL than everything around them. Also they've got nukes.

Hezbollah is a joke. Syria is a joke. Egypt has a peace treaty. Iran is a joke.

Israel crazy leaders should stop their warmongering. The UN should do what they are supposed to do. Stop the arming of Hezbollah by putting UN troops on the Syria-Lebanon border and at the same time shoot down Israeli warplanes violating Lebanese airspace.

Hezbollah, if left alone, given time, will take place into the Lebanese government and will prefer their political power than being an iranian puppet. Their armed troops will incorporate the Lebanese army.

All will be solved. Not to mention all the anti-missile array that Israel is building up around itself.

Israel should do real peace moves. Declare a palestinian state. Give back the Golan Heights. Give back East Jerusalem. Stop treating palestinians like sub humans... Sign peace treaty with all of them. Put Israel into NATO.

But of course that won't happen since warmongerers far right wings crazies are in power in Israel...not to mention the US government is just itching for a war with Iran.

Then if Iran is still doing it's thing, Iraq and Saudi Arabia will take care of them. If they attack anyone, they gonna be overthrown so fast your head will spin.

And of course Iran was almost an US ally from 2000-2003 but of course Bush screwed it up because he's an ignorant scumbag warmonger.

This ain't the 60-70s no more. It's not soviets against americans.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Fact is that Israel is WAY MORE POWERFUL than everything around them. Also they've got nukes.

Hezbollah is a joke. Syria is a joke. Egypt has a peace treaty. Iran is a joke.

Then maybe they should all stop poking the tiger with that stick.
Seems to make sense to me.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Israel would not survive if Lebanon, Hezbollah, Iran, Egypt, Syria banded together. Sorry but this isn't the 60's and 70's. Israel is not the same military power she once was. Israel would have to use nukes to get out of a conflict with those four countries.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

LMAO, Israel would kick the living hell out of all of them at once. They are technologically superior. The are militarily superior. AND They don't start crying when they begin to imagine those countries attacking them.

Plus, if Iran or Syria attacked Israel they would get a little visit from the American military and then they would really have something to cry about.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Peace Pipe

About that...

Nasrallah throws down the gauntlet

Israel's nightmare is that if hostilities do break out once more, most likely if it launches pre-emptive strikes against Iran's nuclear infrastructure, the Jewish state's cities will come under an unprecedented bombardment from Hezbollah in the north, Hamas in the south, Syria in the east, as well as Iran.

That would be the first time that Israel had to fight an all-out war, in which its long-held military superiority would be of little value because the conflict would be fought at long range, not with tanks and infantry.

Its air force and Jericho ballistic missiles would go into action and would undoubtedly do much damage. But Israeli civilian casualties would likely be extremely heavy.

Israel would have its nuclear option. But dropping nuclear bombs or unleashing nuclear-tipped Jerichos would leave Israel open to a maelstrom of global condemnation and international isolation.

So either Israel uses nukes or they get heavy civilian casualties in the next war... And you know what Israel did the last two times it came under real fire? In 73, when they were about to lose and in 91 when Saddam launched 30 or so chemical scuds at Israel? Israel deployed nukes and nearly used them.

So if Syria, Hezbollah and Iran were to launch everything they've got at Israel, Israel would probably use nukes because they don't like it when they suffer war. Like the bunch of americans who wanted to nuke the whole middle-east because 3000 americans were killed on 911... same thing.

With crazy leaders such as Netanyahu and Avidgor Lieberman, I'm sure they wouldn't think twice about nuking the hell out of them, especially Tehran. And NO they don't care about radiation, if they did, they would stop using DU.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You should lay off the crack pipe. America isn't going to get bogged down in another war in the middle east. I don't care how militarily advanced Israel is. They could never take on Egypt, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, and Hezbollah without suffering serious loss of life and civil destruction. They would never use nukes, only at a last resort.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
If this whole scenario does happen, and the Israeli's decide to actually use nuclear weapons, they will still try to play the victim. "Look what the evil Arabs made us do!!! Waaahhh!!!". Because that's just who they are. Master manipulators and bullies, whichever seems the most appropriate to them at the moment.

MBF

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Didn't they take on Egypt, Jordon and Syria and WIN in 6 days? The last three were cleanup operations. My money would be on Israel. Iran would have the problem of having to go through the US troops to get to Israel and I don't think that would happen. It would be a loooooonnnnngggg trip around our people for them to get to Israel.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

i laugh at a country that talks about being a UN member and expects to be treated and respected as one and will use the UN to its adcantage
but will also Break UN laws in wars by attacking areas which in war time is off limits.

hey its Israel the Tiger, now my heads playing eye of the tiger,
damn who ever brought that up

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peace Pipe

Wow those egyptians and lebanese are tough and smart. They keep poking a stick at the tiger, then when he growls they cower in a corner and start crying. They are such great men.

Isn't that what Israel does? It pokes and pokes and pokes at Palestine and then when they retaliate, they cry and whine? "Oh those anti-semites! Oh those Muslim dogs! We just want to live in peace while they live in a cage with no food and water like animals!"

Poking at Iran telling them that they must be destroyed because they are a "threat to
them"...

Who's poking who?

Magnum

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy

You should lay off the crack pipe. America isn't going to get bogged down in another war in the middle east.

Are you kidding us ? They are awaiting any occasion to attack.

The USA have been deploying their force in prevision of an attack of Iran.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If the Lebanese are afraid of being attacked by Israel then maybe they should stop sheltering the Hezbollah terrorists and allowing them to attack Israel from Lebanese soil.

Lebanon is nothing but a puppet state of Iran and Syria.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Those of you who have read my previous posts on related matters, will know that I hold a very dim veiw of both the historical terror attacks by the Palestinian and lebonese factions, and the quite frankly brutal behavior of the Israelis in this conflict. You may have heard me say before that Israel has the capacity to make its self attack proof, having as they do many anti missile/anti projectile systems, which they could easily install to totaly protect thier citizens. Any threat that the factions which oppose them, may have presented in the past, is moot now. The only reason they continue to fail to defend thier citizens is to GIVE them an excuse to kill, and capture territory which is not rightfully thiers. Shameful.
Its tempting to say that the rest of the world ought to just say " Both of you , quit it, or we turn your land to glass beneath your feet." Perhaps this would shut them up.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

10:03 U.S. official welcomes talks between Iran and IAEA (Reuters)

15:56 Jordan`s king warns that situation in Mideast could `explode` (DPA)

16:03 Iran VP: We are determined to broaden our ties with Syria (Haaretz)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Israel would not survive if Lebanon, Hezbollah, Iran, Egypt, Syria banded together. Sorry but this isn't the 60's and 70's. Israel is not the same military power she once was. Israel would have to use nukes to get out of a conflict with those four countries.

You're kidding right?

Israel would stomp them out the frame, all at once. It would take a UN intervention to keep those countries from being wiped out of existence. Listening to Ahmadinejad (sp?) and other ME leaders trying to talk tough against Israel is quite pitiful. Not that I'm all for Israel beating up on these guys.

Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah should learn to keep their mouths shut, they could never back up their ridiculous claims of military superiority.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join