It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Mechanics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Have any of you guys seen the TV show Bush Mechanics? - Its a genius show, its about this group of aborignal musicians who are always having car problems - and they make on the go repairs - their solutions are genius, and some of them are bodgy as - I saw this episode once where they snapped one of their front wheels off, so they wired this log to the underside and drove in reverse.

Bush Mechanics - If you go to their website and click [TRICKS] you'll see what I mean.

Its part reality, part comedy - but it does have some awesome ideas for when the times get tough and you need your car working.

What do yous reckon?

flash game

[edit on 28/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I love this show, its been a while since ive seen it so im going to watch it again. Thanks for posting, its possible I may have to use some of their tips in the near future as I plan options on leaving the city before TSHTF

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Ive done a bit of outback travelling in beat up old cars and you come across people like these guys a fair bit .This show may seem like its all put on for the camera but this is how it is in outback Australia .I love being out in the desert and there is so much improvising and resourcefulness when it comes to getting things done. I guess when you are 400 k's from the nearest town you cant afford to be stuck.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
DR Conspire and his wife once were travelling the olympic way from melb to sydney.
Our accelerator cable snapped 20km from cowra,,,,but we got to Sydney.... how ?
Many would know , but only battlers.
The point is that day my hands bled , but we got home, and that is what the country of Australia does to those who listen.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
That was awesome. This is like the Aussie version of the Hair bear bunch with live actors. My kinda guys.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Let me guess ,you tied some string or wire to carby and ran the string in through drivers window and pulled with hand .I had a fuel pump fail once so i hooked up the fuel line to the windscreen washer bottle ,filled it with fuel and just kept pushing the windscreen wash button until i got to town .

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That clip is great. I was laughing my ass off watching it. It reminds me of rednecks back here in the US. They come up with some pretty.... unconventional solutions as well.

Redneck car door lock:

Swimming pool, lol:

new topics

top topics

join