It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Indicates It Will Seek Death in Ft. Hood Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Military prosecutors sent a notice Wednesday indicating they plan to seek the death penalty against the Army psychiatrist charged in the deadly shooting rampage at Fort Hood

Maj. Nadal Hasan is charged with 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 counts of attempted premeditated murder in the Nov. 5 shooting. Premeditated murder carries the death penalty. But if military jurors convict Hasan, they can only sentence him to death if they determine there is an aggravating factor in the case, according to military law.

the notice indicates prosecutors plan to present evidence about aggravating factors at Hasan's Article 32 hearing, which is similar to a grand jury proceeding. The hearing, after which a military judge will determine whether there is enough evidence to go to trial, could be held as early as July 1
Source: newsmax.com...

Well- game on for the US Army. Lets hope Obama or Holder don't get involved and attempt to get the case downgraded to a non-death penalty case.

I hope the families of the victims get the justice they (and the US) deserve.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
LOL Pathetic thinking from the american military again. Sure lets kill the man that tried to kill himself. So why bother saving him only to kill him later on?

Thats a real good sentence to give a man who isnt afraid to die in the first place....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I tattooed a Ft. Hood MP about a month ago that stated there was more than one shooter involved in this. take it how you wish. Just remembered the info.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

I have read several accounts from people that were there that day and not one mentioned another shooter. Now maybe someone was supporting him as he went in and started but I don't think they stayed around to the end.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'm saying that this soldier was on police duty during the attacks, and he personally told me that there was more than one shooter. they shut down all communications not only in ft. hood but killeen as well until they were sure that everyone was briefed to tell the same story. I don't think he had any reason to lie, but the people who are all corraborating as to the single shooter either weren't first hand viewers, or were briefed/threatened to all go along with the single shooter story. I didn't have to prod him for this info, he offered it to me during casual conversation.

new topics

top topics

join