It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims are exempt from obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
EXEMPTIONS FROM INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.

—In the case of an individual who is seeking an exemption certificate under section 1311(d)(4)(h) from any requirement or penalty imposed by section 5000A, the following information:

In the case of an individual seeking exemption based on the individual’s status as a
member of an exempt religious sect or division, as a member of a health care sharing ministry, as an Indian,
or as an individual eligible for a hardship exemption, such information as the Secretary shall prescribe.”

Senate Bill, H.R. 3590, pages 273-274

There are several reasons why an individual could claim exemption, being a member of a religion that does not believe in insurance is one of them. Islam is one of those religions. Muslims believe that health insurance is “haraam”, or forbidden; because they liken the ambiguity and probability of insurance to gambling.

I can't say I am Supprised "Our" President is Muslim ... he is just in the closet I guess.

We must re-claim this republic!

Thanks and Kudos Ben!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
edited.

I read it wrong.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm going to puke

Something has to give on all this unconstitutional garbage that is being legislated and enacted as law.

S&F

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Didn't congress exempt themselves from this as well? Or is that a myth?
2nd line

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Your title is a bit misleading.

Any religion that does not subscribe to the idea of health insurance is exempt. Way to cherry pick.

I know of a few that don't subscribe to that, Jehova Witnesses being one, and I believe Scientologists as well (I'm just kidding about the Xenu People, I just felt like taking a shot at them)

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well if Muslims are exempt than every other religion should be exempt too.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I can't say I am Supprised "Our" President is Muslim ... he is just in the closet I guess.

FIRST of all....

Second of all...is it against the Constitution for a Muslim to be President???

Third...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Yeah I thnk the Amish are exempt as well. I cant decide whether I should change my name to Mohammed or Jedadiah. I think I will go muslim, because at least then I can keep my cell phone and internet service.

Have you ever tried to power your laptop by producing electric from the methane coming off the pile your horse just dropped as he pulled your buggy down the highway? I keep having to drive that darn horse into oncoming traffic just to make him .... himself.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Peace Pipe]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightofLiberty
Well if Muslims are exempt than every other religion should be exempt too.

In order to be exempt from a law, you first have to be subject to it. It is highly unlikely that anyone is subject to this horrid legislation...unless people accept liability, or even worse, start applying for "exemption certificates".

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Christian Scientists would also be exempt.

Basically if you work and fit the demographic that the insurance companies want to tap into your going to pay for health insurance. If you do not buy insurance Uncle Sam fines you with an extra TAX penalty. Both government and Insurance companies win. It is collusion to defraud the people of the USA and it is unconstitutional.

This is what people need to understand.

Here in MA for the past 3 tax returns we have had to enter a number from our health care provider on our taxes not to pay a "penalty" or an extra tax. Even thought the state was not even providing a health care service for the uninsured.

It is theft plain and simple!

[edit on 28-4-2010 by IntelRetard]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Please move to HOAX. More overblown BS right-wing chain email tripe. Everyone, please read the following before posting the other lies and wasting peoples' time:

factcheck.org...

We’ve seldom seen a piece of legislation so widely misrepresented, and misunderstood, as the new health care law.

We stopped counting the number of articles and items we turned out on the subject after the total reached 100. Some of that is understandable. The debate went on for more than a year, while the different House and Senate bills changed their shape constantly.

The final law was the product of an awkward two-step legislative dance that first enacted the Senate’s version, then quickly amended it with a reconciliation "fix." No wonder people are confused. And even now the misrepresentations continue.

The new law is no longer a moving target, but some opponents persist in making false or exaggerated claims about it. Our inboxes are filled with messages asking about assertions that the new law:

* Requires patients to be implanted with microchips. (No, it doesn’t.) * Cuts benefits for military families and retirees. (No. The TRICARE program isn’t affected.)

* Exempts Muslims from the requirement to obtain coverage. (Not specifically. It does have a religious exemption, but that is intended for Old Order Amish.)

* Allows insurance companies to continue denying coverage to children with preexisting conditions. (Insurance companies have agreed not to exploit a loophole that might have allowed this.)

* Will require 16,500 armed IRS agents to enforce. (No. Criminal penalties are waived.)

* Gives President Obama a Nazi-like "private army." (No. It provides a reserve corps of doctors and other health workers for emergencies.)

* "Exempts" House and Senate members. (No. Their coverage may not be as good as before, in fact.)

* Covers erectile-dysfunction drugs for sex offenders. (Just as it was before the new law, those no longer in jail can buy any insurance plan they choose.)

* Provides federal funding for abortions. (Not directly. But neither side in the abortion debate is happy with the law.)

For details on these claims about the new law, please read our Analysis section.

I don't get how one can have the ability to receive chain e-mails and repost the info. on ATS, yet seemingly don't have the capacity to do a simple google search that might incorporate legitimate sources of information prior to making a new thread. Basically, the posting of this right-wing disinformative propaganda is like taking a dump in the community pool, please stop.

Best,
SN

[edit on 4/29/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I am doing a thread on this subject of Islam taking over the world and our governments already under it's sway.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have you heard of Dhimmitude?

Dhimmitude is the Muslim system of controlling non-muslim populations conquered through jihad. Specifically, it is the TAXING of non-muslims in exchange for tolerating their presence AND as a coercive means of converting conquered remnants to Islam.

The ObamaCare bill is the establishment of Dhimmitude and Sharia Muslim diktat in the United States. Muslims are specifically exempted from the government mandate to purchase insurance, and also from the penalty tax for being uninsured. Islam considers insurance to be "gambling", "risk-taking" and "usury" and is thus banned. Muslims are specifically granted exemption based on this. How convenient. So I, Ann Barnhardt, a Christian, will have crippling IRS liens placed against all of my assets, including real estate, cattle, and even accounts receivables, and will face hard prison time because I refuse to buy insurance or pay the penalty tax.

Meanwhile, Louis Farrakhan will have no such penalty and will have 100% of his health needs paid for by the de facto government insurance. Non-muslims will be paying a tax to subsidize muslims. Period. This is Dhimmitude.

Dhimmitude serves two purposes: it enriches the Muslim masters AND serves to drive conversions to Islam. In this case, the incentive to convert to Islam will be taken up by those in the inner-cities as well as the godless Generation X, Y and Z types who have no moral anchor. If you don't believe in Christ to begin with, it is no problem whatsoever to sell Him for 30 pieces of silver. "Sure, I'll be a Muslim if it means free health insurance and no taxes. Where do I sign, bro?"

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Trublue]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublue

As shown above, this is total BS. Furthermore, muslims pay taxes in the US, so your whole utterly transparent attempt at riling up the dim-witted is all the more absurd.

Best,
SN

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
reply to post by Trublue

As shown above, this is total BS. Furthermore, muslims pay taxes in the US, so your whole utterly transparent attempt at riling up the dim-witted is all the more absurd.

Best,
SN

I don't think it bs at all, based on factcheck org being a left wing owned site. Of course they are going to say this that and the other about how perfectly legit the HCR bill is and how wonderful it is.
Don't forget, they still don't know everything that is in it because they had to pass it first to find out, at least, that what Pelosi says.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

* Allows insurance companies to continue denying coverage to children with preexisting conditions. (Insurance companies have agreed not to exploit a loophole that might have allowed this.)

Insurance companies have 'agreed' not to 'exploit a loophole'?

ROFL

A friend of mine had an insurance plan that mandated he must be a full time student to have coverage.

He got really sick and went into a coma for three weeks. The insurance company dropped him and said that since he was in the hospital for three weeks in a coma, he was no longer a 'full time student' and they could no longer provide him with health care.

That's #ing golden, "the insurance companies have promised not to exploit a loophole!"

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

* Exempts Muslims from the requirement to obtain coverage. (Not specifically. It does have a religious exemption, but that is intended for Old Order Amish.)

And "not specifically" means what???
Doesn't seem like a definite "THE OP IS WRONG" kinda phrase to me. yet you vent like a lunatic. Glad I don't need health care, even mental.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Other than the fact you're completely misinterpreting the bill why not convert to Islam then? See if you're exempt then get back to us.

There's no such thing as a god anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
EXEMPTIONS FROM INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.

—In the case of an individual who is seeking an exemption certificate under section 1311(d)(4)(h) from any requirement or penalty imposed by section 5000A, the following information:

In the case of an individual seeking exemption based on the individual’s status as a
member of an exempt religious sect or division, as a member of a health care sharing ministry, as an Indian,
or as an individual eligible for a hardship exemption, such information as the Secretary shall prescribe.”

Senate Bill, H.R. 3590, pages 273-274

There are several reasons why an individual could claim exemption, being a member of a religion that does not believe in insurance is one of them. Islam is one of those religions. Muslims believe that health insurance is “haraam”, or forbidden; because they liken the ambiguity and probability of insurance to gambling.

Thanks and Kudos Ben!

The statute is facially neutral. If it had said EVERYONE MUST HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE religious groups would bring the law into court and challenge it based on a person's freedom of religion. Instead, it provides a facially neutral exemption to anyone whose religious beliefs may make it impossible. This was actually a very smart provision, and very constitutional provision to put in. The person bemoaning this as a violation of the constitution doesn't understand that this protected everyone's freedom of religion AND secured the same right to everyone. So, it upheld the equal protection clause and the freedom of expression clause.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

So because there is a loophole by which Muslims might become exempt from healthcare mandates you are claiming the President is Muslim - nice leap in logic there.

What would the issue be with him being a Muslim, I mean there's no evidence whatsoever that he is one but for the sake of argument what would it change? Other than driving the intolerant driveling ignorant segment of the populace into a seething frenzy of hate it would change nothing.

By the way, as has been stated above by other posters, any religious belief system that doesn't allow insurance can become exempt, I wouldn't be surprise if some new religious cults crop up with healthcare exemption as one of their primary tenants

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

the Amish would be exempt as well.

I guess our President is also 1/2 Amish? He must be in the clos...err barn? On that one too.

Ohhh wait, you're just regurgitating Rush Limbaugh factoids? LOL

That's the best oxymoron since "Microsoft Works"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join