It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Types

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This post could go into the health section but I am hoping to get some non scientific replies on the theory of blood types as well as some facts. Why are there different blood types and what is their deeper meaning? Why can some be donated to others and other types could harm other blood types if donated. Is there a spiritual connection? What are you thoughts on blood types and their reason for existence.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by hautmess]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I really hope that this gets some replies, this is a great subject and when getting into other info besides scientific.. it really gets interesting.

Im rh-0, and I never getting anything new and never any true reasons for this, so I hope this gets going soon.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Blood Types Explained
Over 6 billion people across the world are placed into a few blood group types. The blood types explained here will enable the reader to understand the composition and the significance of the different blood groups.
Each individuals blood is comprised of four major components, red blood cells, white blood cells, plasma and platelets. The red blood cells (RBCs) transport oxygen to other body cells, white blood cells (WBC) maintain and uphold the body's defense mechanisms, platelets aim to help the process of blood clotting and plasma is where the protein of the body resides. Before we venture further into blood types explained, it would aid us to be aware of different types of blood groups.

The blood type (or the blood group) that a person belongs to, is determined by the red blood cells of the body. Antigens are tiny markers that are present on the surface of these red blood cells, and these antigens are unique for every individual. These antigens help medical professionals determine a person's blood group and during blood transfusions, these antigens need to be matched correctly. Failure to do so, can result in a lot of complications during the blood types transfusion process.

The ABO System
The ABO method is the system that is used to determine a person's blood type; a person who has A antigens or B antigens covering the blood cells, will belong to the A blood group or the B blood group respectively. And similarly, a person who has none of the antigens will belong to O blood group and a person with both the antigens will belong to the AB blood group. Blood groups are inherited from the parents of the individual and the International Society of Blood Transfusion (ISBT) recognizes around 30 blood group systems.

www.buzzle.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7977ff7dd6a.jpg[/atsimg]

This site explains the different blood types, percentages of each blood type worldwide and great grafts at the link.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
This post could go into the health section but I am hoping to get some non scientific replies on the theory of blood types as well as some facts. Why are there different blood types and what is their deeper meaning?

Why are you looking for a answer that is not "scientific" ?

This is going to get funny, having nuts trying to explain why there god(s) created different blood types.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well as far as non-scientific replies, there is so much speculation about lineage, such as the blue bloods, and also some think that the Rh0- blood type is from the nephilim, and reptilians, these are just a few that I can name off the top of my head, but some people take this kind of blood type seriously.

Im going to look further into this and post what I can find.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
specifically asking for NONscientific answers to a very understandable genetic phenomenon is silly.

"I know earthquakes are caused by plate tetonics, but does anyone have any NONscientific, spiritual answers? Like maybe god and satan tied a big rope around the planet and play eternal tug-o-war and whenever the balance shifts the earth quakes!"

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFJetTech
specifically asking for NONscientific answers to a very understandable genetic phenomenon is silly.

"I know earthquakes are caused by plate tetonics, but does anyone have any NONscientific, spiritual answers? Like maybe god and satan tied a big rope around the planet and play eternal tug-o-war and whenever the balance shifts the earth quakes!"

"God" did it.

(Feel free to replace "God" with HARRP every once and awhile)

[edit on 28-4-2010 by nophun]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAFJetTech

come on now, i didn't say i'm looking for idiotic answers.. I'm looking for some spiritual and mystical replies with regards to blood types just like the many other scientific things discussed in the Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics and 2012 sections. It seems a lot of connections are made to many scientific things within those forums and i'm hoping there may be some regarding this scientific topic.

To make this webpage less full of crap id recommend that if you can't contribute in a way the author is asking about a topic you shouldn't reply instead of replying and just being annoying.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by hautmess]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Here, check out this link... I'm glad you posted this question as the thought never crossed my mind.. Very interesting indeed!

www.spiritconnectionstore.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Thank goodness I am A Positive. More common and a better chance of surviving a fatal incident (more abundance).

Now for you folks thinking you are special for your rare blood types......good luck. I know you rare blood types like to think your star children or whatever.

I'm happy with what I've got. I live, you die.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I am with you on this one brilab45, am also A postive, like being compatible with most other blood types, have never had a transfusion but hey you never know...certainly don't think I am special, just lucky.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yeah...common sense!

Line 2
Line 3
Line 4

new topics

top topics

join