It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what can I do to see a ghost?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Sure. It started just days after we moved in. I'm married to a francophone, so when someone mumbled to me in french as I cleaned the tub, of course , I thought it was my partner. I then heard him enter through the back door. My first fright.
Things began to disappear and reappear as I began the upstairs remodel. While reading in bed in the temporary downstairs bedroom, I watched a large dark shadow ( like you described, but not a human form) descend from what were formerly the stairs. It filled me with the most dreadful feeling. As I worked upstairs, I would often feel that feeling. I saw it face to face twice in broad daylight. Huge banging noises, lights turning on and off, the whole shebang.
I saw an elderly couple on several occasions, together and seperately. I'm no psychic, but I have no doubt they were not connected to that dreadful shadow. My partner and his sister witnessed the black shape, so I new I hadn't cracked.
Several of our friends helped my partner with cleansing rituals from several faiths. I, being a hillbilly, used the" Get Thee Behind Me Satan" approach. I ignored it.
We still get the occasional scare, the dogs still watch things that aren't there, and I sometimes get locked out of the house while closing the mysteriously open barn doors. I'm sure thats where the shadow thing hangs out, since it has no problem showing itself floating into the barn.
We have a couple of strange photos, no ghosts, just odd orbs and strange lights in a window. I'd love to share those, but that skill is beyond me.
I could go on about each little weird thing, but I don't want to bore you.
I did learn one thing though, I loathe the smell of burning sage. Smelled good at first, but after a few months, Ugh!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

the moving of objects has happened to me but they are never found again and shadows but no full face to face moments. that sounds really scary

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I honestly thought my heart would burst. Like I said, not the thrilling experience I expected.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Easy get some drinks and grab a friend or two get to your oldest cemetery
pref 150 years plus arive one hour til midnight stay until you get to freeked out,
you prob will see at least one or if not be able to hear them,
also if you hear some one screaming or a dog folowing you and growling watch the # out worse then actualy seeing them cos you dont know where it is very freaky
good luck its not that hard to do it

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi sorry to jump in on your thread but my father saw two cloaked figures on the balcony of his new apartment last night...he managed to take photo...
He reckoned they looked like nuns in white robes just standing there chatting to each other.
Im new here to ats and being a newbie ats wouldn't let me start my own thread yet but I thought yours was relevant.
I tried to brighten and sharpen the photo but I aint no wizzzz at it so if anyone can help i would be grateful.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I will give you advice.

Ghosts do not like you acting like they are circus animals, nor even being called ghosts.

Spirits to you, meat puppet.

I am going to say this to you;

some guy who claims to be the king of the undead, claiming to be both Osiris and Horus on earth protects them. Anyone who stalks and is perverted to a spirit, without the gift of shamanism (for one such as your self, the only way to see spirits, is with shamanism. Shamans have to be elected by the gods or have it run in their bloodlines, or both) have been ordered to be possessed on sight, to drag them down to the abyss, for them being the huge perverted, fearful, meat puppets they are.

Meat puppets=humans

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
When you do see a ghost, or entity, you will wish that you had not wish to do that.

I have that experience inadvertently, and I would not wish for a repeat.

Shanlung

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shanlung

bahh i have seen a few heard a few to, not that unplesant unless they start to follow you and wont leave you alone very creepy indeed

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Be my guest.

You like to be in my shoes when I met them then?

I hate to think of the outcome if I have not met that mystic monk earlier.

Fragments of earlier memories of Taiwan
shanlung.livejournal.com...

Shanlung

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
[edit on 7-5-2010 by digital_desire]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

you could die..

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ah, all the naysayers!

I come from a family that sees ghosts. Both my brother, my mother and I can see ghosts. Keep in mind that I was raised in an Atheist household with a father who was an intellectual, so no one in my family even believed in ghosts. I grew up learning that all of that ghost stuff was "hog wash."

When my mother's father passed away, she woke up in the middle of the night to see him standing at the end of her bed, trying to tell her something. (Of course, you could argue that grief caused her to see him, but she wasn't overly fond of him.)

And...when I was 19, I woke up to find the ghost of a woman standing beside my bed. I can close my eyes and still remember exactly what she looked like. She was a larger woman, with blonde hair gathered around her head----some of it in braids---and she was fairly luminious. She was definitely larger than life.....and she was just standing there looking down at me. Of course, I was scared to death and knocked a glass lamp off my bed stand trying to recover. But these days, I wish I had just been calm and had experienced the moment instead of reacting to it.

My brother (who is a successful business sort and isn't even sure he believes in ghosts!) sees ghosts all of the time. It appears that his young daughter does, too. He isn't very fond of the experience, but nonetheless, he sees them.

They say the ability to see ghosts often runs in families.

There is a book out there that teaches you to do it on your own. Also, google "find ghosts in mirrors" as this is a new method that is popular right now--- where people are trying to find ghosts through the use of a mirror and by thinking very intently about the person you are trying to see.

You have to learn how to "peel back the veil" that separtes our two realities...

Good luck!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If you were to see a "ghost" entity how would you know it to be a "ghost". Are you expecting the apparition to be levitating around ? Are you expecting the apparition to be semi-transparant ? Are you expecting the apparition to levitate out of and into solid bricks and mortar ?

Obviously most apparitions are simply taken for being an every day normal part of your environment. Just another person in your environment. Just another object in your environment. The problem only arises if and when some one taps you on the shoulder to enquire "Excuse me son. Who are you talking to". Obviously you can see the "ghost" but other people cannot see the "ghost". It is considered an attribute of insanity.

The method which I recommend is that you set up a surveillance camera. You could do the same with audio equipment. Monitor its recordings to see what it might pick up. If it does record any strange things, I would not go publishing about it, because everyone will simply say that you're a hoax.

Ghosts are real. However, you're simply not aware that they are ghosts. They are as real as can be real. It is only when they act strangely that we then start to think of them as being ghosts. When they walk straight into a solid wall. Or when they disappear right in front of your eyes. Or if they start to fly.

I advise that you get to read the following book. It contains very interesting information which will help you to understand what ghosts are. "THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE" author "MICHAEL TALBOT". Published by Harper Collins in 1991. ISBN 0-586-09171-8.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by CAELENIUM]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm on Landscaping for the city. We often do cemetary work, digging graves, forming Headstones with concrete around the edges, and raise headstones if they are sinking. I'm suprised I haven't seen one. But I do feel that they are present around me at times, before I go to bed. But not during work.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I don't seem to have the ability to see what isn't corporeal in physical substance, but I have - several times - witnessed activity that can't be explained by wind or imagination playing tricks on me.

One incident occurred about 4 months after my mom died in our housing projects unit. She literally wrecked the kitchen (smashing plates and glasses by throwing a chair repeatedly into the sink board) after we came downstairs the next morning following a party my brothers and I threw. The whole kitchen was tossed right in front of us as we stood there and looked back and forth at each other to see if we each were actually witnessing the same thing.

Another incident occurred at a girlfriend's house after she went to bed following a bad fight we had. It involved a pair of invisible feet in a spastic rage in the hallway as I stood there for at least 90 seconds with those feet squeaking like sneakers on a basketball court all around me. Cutting back and forth and running into the bathroom and back out again. My dog - a female adult Doberman - was terrified, and was trapped in the hallway (we had her in there with doggy-gates due to a slight bladder infection she had at the time) with the "feet", so I know i wasn't the only one witnessing that one either.

I get the impression that visual manifestation is extremely difficult for beings that don't share our own hyper-kinetic physical structure. At least the kind of visual manifestation that we (as corporeal structures) can perceive. These things (whatever they are) seem to be fairly adept at impacting our physical realm, though. I guess you could look at it in the same way that the wind is invisible, but no one would ever assume that it's imaginary simply because no one has ever seen it.

We're given 5 senses. We're to use them to determine the nature of physical reality. Smells also are invisible, but they exist. Sometimes you simply have to admit to your own limitations and allow reality to prove itself in whatever way it will. Sadly, modern science is a lot like religion when it comes to what it will allow as evidence. It's almost as if science thinks it has the authority over reality to insist on evidentiary criteria.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
[quotereply to post by baddmove

yes I went down and spotted that, I have tried an Ouija board before it spelt out someone who had died name and I think one of my old friends did it on purpose to upset my other friend...it didn't go down to tell, I did burn it after though

Never, ever burn a Ouija Board after using. There have been numerous reports, some on television, that burning the board closes the portal to the netherworld, thus trapping entities in our world. The argument goes that each board is a different doorway, so buying a board again and using it does not provide a path for the entity to return. These entities can follow you from house to house for a long time.

Regarding the poster's comments above on events after a barn restoration: Barns are known to be used by satanic worshipers to summon demons. They provide a large, enclosed and private space for rituals. If you find pentagrams or other evidence, sell the place fast.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Jrags]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
If you want to see ghost i would recommend Harry oldFields camara lens. Oldfield Camera Filter which using a normal camera appears to show ghosts or other wordly entities clearly in photographs! This Video shows Oldfield explaning and showing the photos he had taken which have captured entities/Ghosts.
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join