It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what can I do to see a ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have had previous experiences seeing shadow figures etc etc, but now to prove to myself I would like to see a real ghost, would anyone be able to tell me how I could go about this, I believe I would be able to have the ability to see, I can sometimes predict things to happen also so I hope this helps here.

any ideas

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Silly, go watch GhostBusters..

sorry i had to go there, but honestly? I have no idea, seem's kind of a creepy idea though..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

I have some friends who also want to experience this just so we know if there is really such things as ghosts if they exist...

there is also somebody my friend would like to communicate with also

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Here's one place you can look:

www.prairieghosts.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well, this site has a few ways for you to see ghost..

www.ehow.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
thanks for the link but I am from the UK

badmove it says something about surrounding yourself in bright lights and things.
I'm hoping someone has the knowledge to help put it into easy if anyone on ats has done this before

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I guess this is important also..

"When asking your higher source to see a spirit, never use the word "ghost" because you might attract a negative entity"

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You are one among many who want to see ghosts. There are tons of people here in houston every year who line up at the ghost tours in houston and galveston hoping to see a ghost. The problem with wanting to see a ghost is that noone can tell you how to do a thing that hasnt even been proven as real yet. The fact that people "see" things can be attributed to many many different reasons by a non believer, however a believer in ghosts doesnt need any reason for what they saw except to say it was a ghost.

Personally i do not believe in ghosts for some very practical reasons but thats not what your thread is about.
Look at Ghosthunters and all those other ghost hunting crews out there. None of them have come face to face with an absolute ghost. Just alot of weird events happening that on the surface seem to be ghost related mainly in my mind becasue well thats what they were expecting to experience. Going into an experience with a mind SET to see something, it will be hard to convince you if an event happened that it was anything other than whay you expected to see.
Try making an alien abductee beleive it was a demon who came to visit him in the night instead of aliens. Or try making a superstitious christian believe that they saw an alien or a reptilian when they believe they are being visited by demons.
Forget trying to be practical and trying to make them realize its nothing of the above lol.
The point being is that what you see has everything to do with your perception at the time you saw it. I would think if you psyched yourself up enough to want to see something and someone gave you a background story about a place that someone was murdered etc etc, your going to have an experience for sure because your primed to have one.
If you really want to have a chance to see a ghost then i would think the logical step would be to go where they would be according to myth and legend. That would be where dead people are or have been.

Just as a side note, i have been a healthcare worker for 20 years. I have worked 8 of those years in a nursing home and have been literally at the bedside of quite a few who have passed. I have worked in places of death and never once saw or heard anything out of place. I have worked in many different nursing homes, not just one as well as about a half dozen hospitals in my time. No ghosts. I dont even know of a nurse or nurse aid who has even had a experience at work. This beyond any other proof for or against ghosts in my mind speaks volumes about ones ability to see a ghost or have a ghost encounter. For me to beleive in a ghost i would literally have to see the aparition in front of me and not hear a door slam or boards creak or wind rush by.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

yes I went down and spotted that, I have tried an ouija board before it spelt out someone who had died name and I think one of my old friends did it on purpose to upset my other friend...it didn't go down to tell, I did burn it after though

in reply to fizzy

maybe your are not one of lifes people that can see ghosts as I do think some people just can't while some may have the gift.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hmm, location can be important. There are ways of summoning spirits but they are pretty risky, well the ones I've heard about. Usually you have to let them appear on their own.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Whenever I have seen apparitions it was totally unexpected and I was not concentrateing on seeing anything.

If you go looking you probably won't see one.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I have seen a shadow figure too!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

did it have just a coat figure with no legs or . and looked like black shadow dust you can barely see through?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Buy an old farmhouse and begin to remodel like we did.
I used to love ghost stories and the like. Now I ignore the subject. It's not nearly as fun in real life as I imagined it would be. I questioned my sanity until others shared the same experiences. Things have calmed as the remodel progressed, but I'm still sometimes uncomfortable in my own home. Others may handle it differently, but I know now it's something I won't wish for again.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

can i ask what happened?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Not sure really.

I've had plenty of paranormal experiences but I have yet to actually see a full on apparition.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I've been able to sense ghosts since I was a little kid. Other than two incidents of seeing them with my eyes and walking through one, that sent a icy chill all through me, I sense them in my mind's eye.

For example - If I say "loaf of bread" somewhere in your mind you saw a picture of a loaf of bread, most likely. It's that space, the mind's eye, that you want to develop.

In my experience ghosts are always there... it's the energy of the person that allows the ghost to be more connected to the plane we live in and thereby sensed by the person. Meaning... if you develop your mind's eye and learn to increase your body energy through meditation you will be more likely to sense a ghost if one happens to be in the vicinity.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

I have never tried meditation before, how do you do this?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

provoking at a known haunted location is the way I would try if I was attempting to see one show its self. just for the recrdd I would not do it my self guess im a wuss , but i wouldnt want one following me home after i pissed it off!
anyway good luck and stay safe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join