It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf to be up in flames!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

The oil spill is even visible from space!
www.foxnews.com...

What do you guys think about this? I personaly believe this could somehow backfire but we'll see how it goes.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Already posted..here..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Currently being discussed...
www.abovetopsecret.com... and

[edit on 28-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
A long time ago, off the west coast of California, I argued for and caused a semi-contained "drift" of crude to be flashed. I was almost in a snip*load of grief and litigation for it afterward. This was much, much smaller than the oil in the Gulf.

IMO, If it goes off somewhat uniformly, then the hydrocarbon plume is more likely to cruise up to several thousand feet, and less likely to hover, create its own environment, and interact with lower level winds, such as the ones that might bring it here.

I'm not sure what to hope for. What does the least damage to the environment? What about us weensy mini-environments? Hard call to make. I say flash it, but plan it out and do it right. I have no idea even what compositions are used these days to do such a thing. Glad to no longer be an enviro-warrior, although I miss the action. Don't miss the corrosive stress.

Good luck Flash

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Currently being discussed...
www.abovetopsecret.com... and

[edit on 28-4-2010 by webpirate]

k sorry how do I erase my thread?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Dude don't erase your thread.. It is a good one. Just because someone equal to you tells you that you did soemthng wrong doesn't mean they have the authority to do anything about it. Fight on.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hello,
I just got one thing to say about this whole oil drilling out in the oceans. OK, it's more of a question;

Is this kind of crap really worth it to you oil freaks? You don't care about the Earth, or it's inhabitants, only yourself and the grease you grease your wallet(s) with. Have a word with me out back in my wood-shed, shall we?

top topics

join