It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of life on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
hi ats ers just found this from a uk newspaper THE SUN, what you guys fink? is disclosure just around the corner?

NASA scientists last night unveiled compelling evidence of life on Mars. A special mission to the Red Planet has revealed the likely presence of a form of pond scum - the building blocks of life as we know it. NASA unveiled the results of the recent Opportunity and Spirit probes sent millions of miles through the solar system to discover signs of extraterrestrial life. The results are so promising boffins have already planned a host of other missions to discover whether there is extraterrestrial life in the universe. The recent missions have gathered evidence of sulphates on Mars, a strong indication there is water on the planet and therefore life. Previous missions to Mars have concluded there is probably water on the planet. But the NASA boffins said the recent missions have gone further than any others in proving there is life on Mars. They were particularly excited about the discovery of a sulphate called gypsum which, it has emerged recently, is found in large quantities among fossils in the Mediterranean. Jack Farmer, researcher at the Arizona State University, in Tempe, Arizona, said he was "optimistic" there was - or had been - life on Mars. Another of the scientists Bill Schopf, researcher at the University of California in Los Angeles, added: "One, thanks to Opportunity and the rovers and orbital imaging it is clear that there are literally vast areas of Mars that are carpeted with various sorts of sulphates, including gypsum. "Two, it turns out on earth there just hasn't been hardly any work done at all to show whether gypsum ever includes within it preserved evidence of former life. "The age doesn't matter. We just didn't know that fossils and organic matter and things like that were well preserved within gypsum. "So, three, it turns out that now we have made that first step we are going to find out how widespread it is in other sulphate deposits on earth. "And those lines of evidence will then give us a way to justify going to Mars and looking at gypsum because it looks as though based on these find

here's the link www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The Sun? I wouldn't even wipe my a$$ with that newspaper!
But some kind of life on Mars? Possibly.
I see no reason why life didn't exist there in some form at one point or even today.

[edit on 28/4/10 by Agent Venom]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah I listened to the NASA press conference and the thought of finding fossils in the gypsum on Mars was made to sound probable. They didn't announce anything as big I as was wishing for, though.

top topics

join