It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP candidate’s ‘microchip an illegal’ comment draws outrage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The argument over Arizona's harsh new immigration law has already sparked outrage from activists on both sides of the issue, and Monday's comments from an Iowa Republican congressional candidate will only add fuel to the fire.

During a Republican forum in Tama County, 3rd District candidate Pat Bertroche said police should catch illegal immigrants and document their whereabouts with microchips, the Des Moines Register reported.

“I think we should catch ’em, we should document ’em, make sure we know where they are and where they are going. I actually support microchipping them," Bertroche said. "I can microchip my dog so I can find it. Why can’t I microchip an illegal? That’s not a popular thing to say, but it’s a lot cheaper than building a fence they can tunnel under.”

rawstory.com...

He has already backed off his statement on this after outrage, then blatantly lied that he never said it.

I knew all along though that this was where this was heading. I have even said it.

Might as well just chip us all so we can all be tracked. Like we can't already with out phones.......

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
A no name republican candidate comes out of the blue with a suggestion and that needs to be debated? While advisers to the POTUS are introducing radical change that are being voted on and are up for vote should just slide.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Well yeah. After denying he said them he went on to say:

Instead, Bertroche, a physician, said he was trying to "illustrate a social commentary on how radical" the immigration issue has become. Bertroche is one of seven candidates seeking the Republican nomination to challenge Democratic incumbent Leonard Boswell.

He compared microchipping illegal immigrants to what he said are other radical ideas. "Of all the major ideas that are out there, there are those that are extremely radical," he said. "Building a fence is radical and it won't work. Shooting them at the border is radical."

Different external source from the original...
It was all taken out of context as social commentary on the entire issue....

[edit on 28-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Bring on the microchips, just as the REPUBLICAN suggests!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I can't believe with all that is going on around the world, and especially with jobs and the economy everyone is being driven to focus on the immigration issue.

Actually I can, going into the future elections these immigration issues are exactly what they want everyone focused on.

Don't be fools ATS members... You are simply making it easy for them.

Don't be distracted from the more important stuff.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I totally admit this in a total "unknown" in the world of politics.
My point all along that no one seems to listen to is I can see how this is going to progress first into racial profiling and then more.

I even said yesterday HERE that they might as well chip us all so we can be scanned whenever TPTB feel the need.
Even thought this guy is a no name.. he said this. And if he had the stones to say it..whether we believe it is right or not...how many more of the mainstream extreme right politico's out there are thinking it?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
I can't believe with all that is going on around the world, and especially with jobs and the economy everyone is being driven to focus on the immigration issue.

This may be about immigration in Arizona. And I have never denied that they certainly do have a problem.

This will turn out to be about an awful lot more though than immigration. I hope I am wrong. But just a day after I posted about microchips it is already being suggested....

Even paranoids can have real enemies...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hard to say where the truth really is:

Politicians lie, so does the media.

quote from the second article:

Bertroche said he would instead support issuing of "blue cards" to illegal immigrants that would contain the same microchip technology found in U.S. passports. These cards would allow bearers to remain in the country but would prevent them from being granted citizenship or receiving government services. According to his campaign website, the cards could be easily scanned and would document a person's date of birth, nationality and fingerprints. Bertroche said issuing such cards would be cheaper than building a border fence.

These are RFID cards. If they can use them on illegals they will eventually be using them on us. At least that is their goal.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Your view makes sense.
Just have several sacrificial pawns broach a disgusting subject as an approach to a problem until it becomes a somewhat palatable solution. I'm sure that's in the playbook somewhere.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Apparently this has become a situation where the Feds will have to step in, if for no other reason than to supervise the states in managing this issue, because these "radicals" are showing what inhumane and despicable acts they are capable of. These comments are way out of line, and certainly border on sociopathic.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Bring on the microchips, just as the REPUBLICAN suggests!

NO this is a bad thing that will spiral into a vortex of hell for all of us!
When will it stop!
The illegal that is caught shoplifting, then:
the shoplifter who get caught speeding, then
the speeder who is late for work, then
the worker.....
Stop it now Before it Grows!

new topics

top topics

join