It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 is a Poisoned Well - Whats the antidote?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phil Jayhan

hi phil, in the polling business those online polls at MSNBC etc are known as "voodoo polls" highly innacurate for all the reasons you state.

The pro pollsters like angus reid are far more carefull. Their online polling is described here www.visioncritical.com...

Angus Reid Public Opinion polls are conducted using the Angus Reid Forum...online panels, which are carefully recruited to ensure representation across all demographic and psychographic segments of these populations. Panel members pass through rigorous screening and a double opt-in process ensuring highly motivated and responsive members. These premier online survey platforms present respondents with highly visual, interactive, and engaging surveys, ensuring that panel members provide thoughtful and reliable responses. Each survey is actively sampled and weighted to model that characteristics of the universe required and employs the latest in quality control techniques to ensure data validity.

so their online polling system is a world away from any quick website poll and far more accurate. typical margin of error is +/- 3%

Angus Reid, the only public opinion firm to exclusively use online methods to follow the views of the electorate during the 2008 federal campaign, offered the most accurate prediction of the results of Canada’s 40th election. More information on our electoral record can be found at:

[edit on 1-5-2010 by yeti101]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Since these threads always seem to make me want to watch this, which I'm doing while typing this out, I'll just post it here.

The Great Conspiracy - The 9/11 News Special You Never Saw

(click to open player in new window)

And it's got some interesting stats as well.

Cheers

edit on 1-5-2010 by lagnar because: Added Note

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

It's very difficult to understand your post. Two points though.

First, there are different types of online poll methodology. They're not all conducted like website polls where you can respond as many times as you like. Many are done via email to vetted sources and thus have a reasonable level of accuracy.

Second, you can look into the reasons why 1000 respondents can form a viable sample if you like. Otherwise you're just assuming, from a position of ignorance, that something isn't right. Rather like most Truth Movement adherents do with 9/11.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phil Jayhan
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Online polls aren't worth a hill of beans. When MSNBC or any of the other state run media did online polls, those that believe in a 911 conspiracy flocked to those sites and voted in droves. There are no controls, or control groups in an online survey, and it is worthless. Especially an online "survey" which only consists of 1007 people.

As I pointed out above there are different kinds of online polls. Some have decent methodology and can work with some accuracy. And what do you mean by a control group? You're confusing polls with experiments.

So this is the type of poll you who oppose belief in a 911 conspiracy trust and rely upon? That speaks volumes about your character

Yes, it is the kind of poll I would trust.

If you want to see the kind of poll relied upon by the TM you can find one on this website. Ironically it exhibits exactly the problems you mistakenly attribute to the above survey.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh ok, I won't believe in a 911 conspiracy because, "Tickofhteshade" says so, and we all know whatever he says is credible. Pathetic.

This is the internet. People often don't use their real names. If you haven't got used to that yet maybe the whole web thing isn't for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join