It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census mail results could be trouble for 5 states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Census mail results could be trouble for 5 states

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Five states — New York, California, Texas, Arizona and Florida — are perilously close to losing out on congressional seats because of lackluster participation in the U.S. census.
The five were average or below average in mailing back 10-question census forms when compared to other states, trailing by as many as 5 percentage points, according to the final census mail-in tally released Wednesday.
Based on recent population trends, New York, California and Texas had been estimated to fall just above the cutoff for the last House seats when they are redistributed next year. Wa
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Strange, I thought it might be because of people leaving these states. Florida especially has seen a lot of people leaving due to the job situation. California is probably the same considering unemployment is over 10% statewide. To blame it on people not returning the form is a bit silly as we haven't seen the results from the other states and it's not likely we will.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I live in Calif and i never got the census form.

They only send the forms to home mailing addresses and i only get mail at a po box. I do not get mail at my home because of the high theft risk.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

To blame it on people not returning the form is a bit silly as we haven't seen the results from the other states and it's not likely we will.

If a citizen is not in the state he won't (probably) return the census form from that state.

My guess is that it doesn't mean that people in those states are lazy or irresponsible although that could be debated!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I live in Calif and i never got the census form.

They only send the forms to home mailing addresses and i only get mail at a po box. I do not get mail at my home because of the high theft risk.

Same here ...I live in Cali and have never received a census form either. Its not a lack of advertising, its their stupidity for not sending it to peoples proper mailing address.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by antonia

To blame it on people not returning the form is a bit silly as we haven't seen the results from the other states and it's not likely we will.

If a citizen is not in the state he won't (probably) return the census form from that state.

My guess is that it doesn't mean that people in those states are lazy or irresponsible although that could be debated!

I did not send the form back in because I AM NOT A PERSON!!!!!

The legal definition, for those of you who are unaware of it, is a domestic or foreign CORPORATION or an INCORPORATED group or individual.

THIS IS ABOUT COMMERCE and keeping you a slave and/or an employee of the federal government WITHOUT your knowledge!!!!

THIS and this alone, other things are connected to it, but this is why you pay FEDERAL income tax, which DOES NOT go for anything IN the government, it goes to the interest payments the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Warburgs and the other families which own the federal reserve, recieve on the debt THEY created to subvert US and our rights. Do some research on the subject, there are many threads about it.

The Census is a joke. All politicians are PICKED and not by your vote either!! They are employees of the U.S. Corporation.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Again, what was the point of the census if they already knew the size of the population? I agree, people moved because those states have an insane cost of living, most have insane state governments that believe they can govern with rainbows and lollipops, so the residents after losing their jobs from the vacating business left the state and possibly the country to find work.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by antonia

Again, what was the point of the census if they already knew the size of the population? I agree, people moved because those states have an insane cost of living, most have insane state governments that believe they can govern with rainbows and lollipops, so the residents after losing their jobs from the vacating business left the state and possibly the country to find work.

Because the population grows over time. the census is also mandated in the U.S. constitution for the apportioning of seats in congress. As for the issue of people not getting it, yes this may be a problem. Most people should have the good sense to have their mail forwarded though but hey it's America.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by antonia]

new topics

top topics

join