It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arizona Bill on ILLEGALS, Answer Me This?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich

Yes, and supposedly 25-30 percent kids use marijuana 25-30 percent once a month. No hard figures [how they know this to begin with??] but clearly not exactly the epidemic they claimed it to be. And to top that off, alot less use hard stuff so not exactly the 'gateway drug' Bush stated it was [yet another Bush lie]

The only solution I see to taking a big bite out of corruption is to completely eliminate traffic and patrol divisions with speed and security cameras and bots. And the population can also help by taking out all their cameras, camcorders, and camphones and keeping a close eye on them.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by phatkhat]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596

Posts like yours make me howl with laughter. I can count on one hand the number of times I have been "harassed" by a cop. ONE, and that was only because he thought I was trying to steal a car (my friend had locked her keys in it and we were trying to open it)

99 times out of a 100, when a cop "harasses" you...its because you are doing something to arouse suspicion.

Oh really? As in 'drug courier profile??' Oh yeah...thats real specific

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phatkhat

Posts like yours make me howl with laughter. I can count on one hand the number of times I have been "harassed" by a cop. ONE, and that was only because he thought I was trying to steal a car (my friend had locked her keys in it and we were trying to open it)

99 times out of a 100, when a cop "harasses" you...its because you are doing something to arouse suspicion.

Umm, actually, there IS a "drug courier profile".....and yes, it does list specific things to look for.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich

Please tell us all what statistics you used to determine that ' 99 times out of 100' figure. Did you just invent it out of thin air, or can you link us to some authoritative source? I already know the answer ; you are making a personal assumption based ONLY upon your own very limited personal experience, and not on anything else. you make a statement as if it is a fact, with absolutekly no basis for doing so.

I can guarantee that you do not live in a ' high crime' area...you are not a person of color...you are young, with little life experience...and you are the sort of person that for some reason believes that if THEY personally do not experience something, then no one else has either....and that is the very height of warped logic and faulty reasoning. So WHy pray tell should anyone take your easily disprovable assumptions seriously?

Ask the multi-thosands of victims of police misconduct every year about THEIR experiences....ask the attorneys that make a living on nothing BUT police misconduct....ask the taxpayers that are shelling out millions of dollars to settle brutality and corrupt cop lawsuits...I can link you to case after case after nauseating case proving my point....but all you bring us is your opinions...study the issue a while and come back when you have some ammo in that empty pistol.

Wow, want to go ahead and assume im still in high school too? I dont think you could be more wrong if you set out to do so.

Sure, maybe 99 out of a 100 is a wee bit off (but compared to the number of times an LEO is in contact with the public its not off by much).

Do I live in a high crime area? Not now, but I have.
I attended an inner city high school with gang/drug issues.

Am I a person of color? Yep.

Young? Well, I guess I need to know your definition of old...will be a grandfather soon, so in my book...yeah im old.

Limited personal experience? Again, a bit subjective. However, I have been a "victim" of crime three times Interrupted a burglary at my parents house and got decked by the thief, and robbed twice. Detained once for attempted auto theft and ive spent time as a cop....

Ah yes....the lawyers that make their livings making mountains out of molehills. Many times, cities will settle out of court just to save money. Are their problems? Sure. Name ONE profession in which everyone is perfect everytime.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatkhat

Umm, actually, there IS a "drug courier profile".....and yes, it does list specific things to look for.

You mean WAS...it was discredited a long time ago. Now we have the hi tech that can completely watch anyone where ever he goes and scan everyone head to toe, they need another excuse. Terrorism wasn't enough, so now it's illegal immigration.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by phatkhat]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'm with you buddy. Thank for the great work. Keep it up, especially since I'm north of you. star and flag

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by phatkhat

Nope. There still is a profile..updated, revised, but its still there. I am curious as to why people think that profiling is always a bad thing.

Face it there are times that profiling is quite justified, at the airport, you have an 80 year old grandma, a middle aged couple toting kids along, a business woman, and a 30 year old Muslim male who just bought his ticket with cash and seems to be agitated.......as a security officer/cop are you going to pull the granny aside?

Its a fact of life, it is going to happen no matter what. Instead of whining about law enforcement, why dont you take it upon yourself to act when you see your peers doing something stupid that will make all of you look bad?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

reply to post by phatkhat

Nope. There still is a profile..updated, revised, but its still there. I am curious as to why people think that profiling is always a bad thing.

Face it there are times that profiling is quite justified, at the airport, you have an 80 year old grandma, a middle aged couple toting kids along, a business woman, and a 30 year old Muslim male who just bought his ticket with cash and seems to be agitated.......as a security officer/cop are you going to pull the granny aside?

Its a fact of life, it is going to happen no matter what. Instead of whining about law enforcement, why dont you take it upon yourself to act when you see your peers doing something stupid that will make all of you look bad?

And the link to that? Racial profiling is not justified, especially the caps 1&2. I agree with Obama going hi tech and screening >everyone< You really think terrorists are gonna stick to using just arabs?? And I'm not whining, just wait n see what happens when you only go after colored people and the real terrorist slips by. and not just at airports either.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hello hello well I just seen on the news that Arizona has banned ethnic studies???Any idea what this is all about?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

Some ethnic studies classes are viewed as discriminatory, and as such are being removed from some schools.

EDIT
The new law bans classes that:
1. Are designed for a specific race
2. Teach hatred of another race (the white man is keeping you down type stuff)
3. Advocate the overthrow of the United States Government.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by vipertech0596]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

If you live in a high crime area, the cops in your neighborhood have more important things to do than going around "harassing people" for the hell of it. Those who get repeated attention from law enforcement (or any other authority figure) have usually made it a practice of calling that attention upon themselves and making themselves a reputation. Cops are human. If you make their job harder or more complicated, then, no they aren't going to like you and they are going to be expecting some crap based on past experience. Having a chip on your shoulder isn't going to improve things.
(It doesn't take being a cop or even knowing one to figure this out. It's simple observation)

[edit on 13-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs

"If you live in a high crime area, the cops in your neighborhood have more important things to do than going around "harassing people" for the hell of it. Those who get repeated attention from law enforcement (or any other authority figure) have usually made it a practice of calling that attention upon themselves and making themselves a reputation. Cops are human. If you make their job harder or more complicated, then, no they aren't going to like you and they are going to be expecting some crap based on past experience. Having a chip on your shoulder isn't going to improve things.
(It doesn't take being a cop or even knowing one to figure this out. It's simple observation)"

[edit on 13-5-2010 by DogsDogsDogs]

umm no. they are wasting valuable time and resources if they keep stopping the same people with nothing on them over and over. A solution to this is to go hi tech and replace much of the patrol and traffic divisions with security cameras, speed displays, and maybe even those little spy bots you see all over the web.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by phatkhat]

[edit on 13-5-2010 by phatkhat]

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Excellent post...........kudo's for being a good cop and on the ball.

Three cheers for Arizona. The shoe is on the other foot and the Mexicans from the State of Sonora, Mexico do not like it. Can you believe the nerve of these people? It’s almost funny.

The State of Sonora is angry at the influx of Mexicans into Mexico. Nine state legislators from the Mexican State of Sonora traveled to Tucson to complain about Arizona’s new employer crackdown on illegal’s from Mexico. It seems that many Mexican illegal’s are returning to their hometowns and the officials in the Sonora state government are ticked off.

A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to state that Arizona’s new Employer Sanctions Law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state. At a news conference, the legislators said that Sonora, – Arizona’s southern neighbor – made up of mostly small towns – cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools that it will face as Mexican workers return to their hometowns from the USA without jobs or money.

The Arizona law, which took effect Jan. 1, punishes Arizona employers who knowingly hire individuals without valid legal documents to work in the United States. Penalties include suspension of, or loss of, their business license.

The Mexican legislators are angry because their own citizens are returning to their hometowns, placing a burden on THEIR state government. ‘How can Arizona pass a law like this?’ asked Mexican Rep Leticia Amparano-Gamez, who represents Nogales. ‘There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona ,’ she said, speaking in Spanish. ‘Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and who were sending money to their families return to their home-towns in Sonora without jobs,’ she said. ‘We are one family, socially and economically,’ she said of the people of Sonora and Arizona.< v>

Wrong! The United States is a sovereign nation, not a subsidiary of Mexico , and its taxpayers are not responsible for the welfare of Mexico’s citizens. It’s time for the Mexican government, and its citizens, to stop feeding parasitically off the United States and to start taking care of its/their own needs.

New Immigration Laws: Read to the bottom or you will miss the message…

1. There will be no special bilingual programs in the schools.
2. All ballots will be in this nation’s language.
3. All government business will be conducted in our language.
4. Non-residents will NOT have the right to vote no matter how long they are here.
5. Non-citizens will NEVER be able to hold political office.
6. Foreigners will not be a burden to the taxpayers. No welfare, no food stamps, no health care, or other government assistance programs. Any burden will be deported.
7. Foreigners can invest in this country, but it must be an amount at least equal to 40,000 times the daily minimum wage.
8. If foreigners come here and buy land… options will be restricted. Certain parcels including waterfront property are reserved for citizens naturally born into this country.
9. Foreigners may have no protests; no demonstrations, no waving of a foreign flag, no political organizing, no bad-mouthing our president or his policies. These will lead to deportation.
10. If you do come to this country illegally, you will be actively hunted &, when caught, sent to jail until your deportation can be arranged. All assets will be taken from you.

Too strict ?

The above laws are current immigration laws of MEXICO !

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they didn’t pay into Social Security, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform…in all of its forms.

Somehow, that doesn’t seem logical. We do not have an elite that is above the law. The self-serving must stop.
This is a good way to do that. It is an idea whose time has come. In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really
should be passed around.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution

“Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States .”

Source: republicbroadcasting.org...

I say charity begins at home................we have our own people to take care of.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

As a LEO I need Probable Cause or atleast Articutable Reasonable Suspicion to make a traffic stop or stop someone on the street. The Arizona Bill fear is that cops will profile and stop "hispanics" for just simply looking hispanic and forget about PC or ARS. Is that a valid fear, sure. There are people of ALL professions who simply suck at their jobs and tend to break rules to do things THEIR way, BUT what about those of us who do the job right and do come across ILLEGAL aliens?

Really? What about seat belt checkpoints? DUI checkpoints? Speed traps? Georgia is notorious witrh speed traps, got two tickets there when I was driving semi, one LEO got me going just 5 miles an hour over the posted limit. And personally, I think we as Americans need to profile, especially at airports and sea ports, and yes, on the highways too. These illegals are not just seasonal farm workers of crop pickers anymore, they are very dangerous drug cartel members who will kill for nothing at all.

Mexican gangs dominate Ohio drug trade

Someone, PLEASE give me a legitimate answer as to why local police and other agencies should NOT be allowed to deal with these guys/gals directly and get them out of here. What reasoning could you possibly come up with when the stop was legit, the arrest was legit, the lack of citizenship CONFIRMED, and he/she IS caught doing criminal deeds? You don't need to be a "fed" to check the status of citizenship....that is called an excuse by the Government to make the rest of the populace actually believe locals can't enforce this BS!

I am with you on that one, LEO. If we do not get these illegals out of our Nation, we will not only be bankrupted in a few years, but America will turn into a third-world nation like Mexico is. Here in southern Ohio most illegals walk everywhere, they know the police can stop and ID them in a car.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

why did you not just shoot him for resisting arrest?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I think it should be left up to the Individual States to Deport Illegals back to their home Country when they are caught perpetration crimes , and the Bill for that Service to our Country as a Whole should be sent to Washington to be Paid by the Federal Goverment according to the LAW .........

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Why did you drag up this old thread? It fizzled out all the way back in May.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join