It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Want To Do The Right Thing, But Not If It Is Going To Hurt Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
San Francisco Leads Charge to Boycott Arizona, But Calls Could Spark Backlash.

In a fit of moral ambiguity, California wants to punish Arizona for their new law. But they don't want to further hurt the already bankrupt state of California in the process by losing money in the process.

To me it sounds like you really do not want to boycott at all then. I mean if the boycott is going to be too much of an inconvenience, then you really are not supporting the message you want to send then are you? It would be like a PETA demonstration sending out for McDonald's because they are hungry and there just happens to be one across the street.

Or a group boycotting Procter & Gamble, but still stocking Ivory Soap in the restrooms because it was the cheapest option.

Maybe it is because, deep down, they know that boycotting a law designed to stop an illegal activity is ethically and morally the wrong thing to do, despite that a large segment of California's population is offended by the actions of neighboring state.

I boycotted baseball for a number of years because the player's strike kept the Reds out of the World Series, I didn't listen to games regularly until 2000. Sure I lament not watching the Reds 1990 Series Sweep and regret all those years not listening to Joe Nuxhall calling the games. Especially now that he is gone. But that is the point,boycotting means sticking to your guns.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
San Francisco Leads Charge to Boycott Arizona, But Calls Could Spark Backlash.
California wants to punish Arizona

PUNISH? who do thay think thay are? mabey thay need to wakeup to the fact thay have no say in arizona. whats next usa wants to punish (insert your own country) for not haveing the same moral values

just goes to show liberals are the new fascists

new topics

join