It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge scolds prosecutors at hearing for Hutaree militia members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Judge scolds prosecutors at hearing for Hutaree militia members

detnews.com

A federal judge had harsh words for prosecutors Tuesday after an FBI agent called to testify in the Hutaree militia case told the court she learned she would take the stand only shortly before the hearing began.

Special Agent Leslie Larsen, the agent in charge of the case in which nine people are accused of plotting to kill police officers and wage war against the U.S. government, did not know the answers to many of the questions she was asked and did not have her notes with her.

"I share the frustration of the defense ... with all of the responses that are coming from this witness th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well it looks like the Feds Don't really have a case. I personaly find it Hilarious that an FBI agent forgot her notes.

I have a relitave that is a Special Agent and most every FBI that i have had the pleasure of meeting were sharp as a razor. They were also very organised.

It appears they are using the same tactics as they used in the 1990's to infiltrate and disrupt the movement. I don't think this time it will work. You can't play the same hand twice and someone not notice.

I pray to God that the Militias never have to go to the same place that our founders did. Cause if they do it may be one of the bloodiest wars the world has ever seen.

detnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Perhaps this situation will lead to a dismissal of the charges. Perhaps prosecutorial negligence. Apparently the agent in charge isn't a top-shelf FBI agent - or hasn't been briefed/coached/indoctrinated by the prosecutor yet. As for the prosecutor, what arrogance!

gj

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Can't wait till the facts of this case come to light. Seems the Fed insider was quite adept at explosives creation. And the rumors of his demise were greatly exaggerated. this should be good.

S & F

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I have a 2nd cousin who's a special agent as well, and have had the opportunity to meet others, and I've noticed the same qualities.

Seems odd to me that any of them would require any notes or coaching in a case of this magnitude. I really question whether it should even be allowed.

For instance, if you're arrested in the morning, you can expect to spend the next four hours in handcuffs, being questioned, charged, etc., then off to jail.
Once in jail, spend another four or five hours in holding, while you're searched, booked, etc., Then get your new clothes, and off to the VIDEO COURTROOM.

There, you face an on-screen judge, who expresses his displeasure at you, and waits for you to show how sad you are to disappoint him as you "plead".

There is no time or opportunity for any defense, nor is there time for notes.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i do not see anything wrong with joking around about killing police officers, i am sure police joke all the time about killing civilians...which they do. their privacy was violated when their jokes were recorded, their constitution was violated. the worst possible charges these hutaree members will get are conspiracy and/or possession.

if the FBI win this case, that much more freedom will be stripped away from the rest of us. pretty soon, if you even mention the word "kill" in the same sentence with any government agency, you will get raided and prosecuted.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Video Courtroom Sounds like 1984-ish to me. I wish the feds would wake up and Honor their oath of office.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't testify without my notes, a chance to properly prepare for court with 9 lives in the balance.

She did the right thing and told the truth. Definetly the prosecutors fault.

I admire her more for not trying to BS her way through it-regardless if she would have done well or not.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I may have jumped the gun on the "pleading", but the video court is already here, and may have been in 1984. It's been a few years, it may have just been the formal charges, etc.

I wish I had a way to play back all that these agents have said in their lifetime that was inflammatory, and the same for what the prosecutor has said and joked about during his/hers.

But then again, we only have the FOIA to try and get information, not wiretaps and bugs. Perhaps things would be different if we could watch them as closely and stealthily as they watch us.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
Can't wait till the facts of this case come to light. Seems the Fed insider was quite adept at explosives creation. And the rumors of his demise were greatly exaggerated. this should be good.

S & F

Sorry to disappoint you but the actual facts in this case will never see the light of day, especially in any court of law.

You will see another masterfully built circumstantial case presented in the best and most compelling way possible.

In the end if the FBI says you are guilty, you are!

If all else fails shocking and NEW evidence will come to light, perhaps even in a new trial.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Did she need to prepare in order to assure Justice for the nine, or merely to follow the instructions of the prosecutor?

The odds are already stacked against these nine, I don't see the purpose for any strategy other than the facts.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

This is true the IRS can have you Jailed without any law on the books. The IRS makes it up as they go. The rest of the FEDS are playing catch-up!

top topics

join