It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal: All New Yorkers Become Organ Donors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think he may be refering to the death/inheritance tax that will go back into effect this year and will force your estate to pay 50% of what you leave behind for your children and others.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

That was exactly my issue, that these politican act in such a manner that you are their property. You can work your life to build a business and then be forced to sell it to pay estate taxes. Why? Because the government obviously believes the results of your hard work is theirs, despite that the capital you used to build the business was already taxed.

Here they are suggesting that your own body is, upon your death the property of the state.

As it relates to the opt in/opt out provisions, the individual is always placed at a disadvantage when these mechanisms are put in place, requiring the individual to take action to be exempted. The individual should be placed in the priority in any of these opt in/out clause matters as it should be assumed that the individual wishes to protect his privacy rights/property, not the other way around

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

"Give to charity...at the barrel of my gun."
Second line---

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Well I guess that is another reason for not living in New York. You see the organ donation has always been something that you volunteer and give as a gift of life for someone, but this takes that act of charity and makes it mandatory unless you choose to opt out. And there is no guarantee that it will be easy to opt out.
These are my organs and I intend to have them destroyed when I die, not pass on to another, as I have my own reasons for such.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I see and understand the issues people raise, but tend to disagree.

I suppose it depends on how it's done. If it is easy, costless, and is changed only when getting a new license then I see no real harm in this provided it is only for people with drivers licenses (meaning not children).

I'm as big a libertarian as the next guy, but believe in State power and if the people in NY want this, then I'm not one to stop them.

If you don't live in NY then you really are just blowing righteous indignation out your.... well you know.

Peace
KJ

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Wow, they are openly counting on peoples complacency and laziness to facilitate the desired affect. Really, how many people you know will go out of their way to travel down to a hospital or government building to opt out of being an organ donor?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

and if the people in NY want this, then I'm not one to stop them.

I'm from NY, and I don't want this. I guarantee you that there are probably at least a million more people behind me on this one. It's a valiant gesture, but the fact that this man wants to do this against his constituents' wishes is just plain wrong. He's not from my district, but I wrote him anyway last night voicing my disdain for this proposal. I also wrote my own Assemblyman last night as well telling him that I would not vote for him next time around if he didn't do something to block this from reaching the floor in Albany. I honestly don't think it will, but regardless, this needs to be blocked by concerned citizens in NYS. And you're right, anybody that complains about this that is not from NYS is just being indignant.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Personaly, I dont' give a crap as to what is done with my body after it dies. If my organs can help save a life, than so be it. What difference does it make, I am dead anyways. My spirit is all I am concerned about. Just saying.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Besides, my blood is O- so it can go to anyone, therefore, I assume my organs are fair game. If My dead parts can help save a life, then maybe I am good for something in this wretched world. This bill has my vote. Once we die "We sleep" anyway, so what does it matter?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm all for donating any of my organs that are viable when I die, but it should be my decision not the states. The system should remain as it is an opt in, not opt out.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I'll gladly donate my middle finger.

A star to this quote!

Elected officials in New York may have found a way to create greatly needed revenue in todays economy.

Matas says the Chinese government uses the organ transplants to generate revenue. At one point, prices were listed on an official government website while Chinese hospitals promoted the ‘business’ on their own websites. A kidney, for example, will set somebody back $62,000 while a liver ranges from $98,000 to $130,000, a heart will run you $130,000 to $160,000 and a lung can cost anywhere from $150,000 to $170,000. If you’re into volume discounts, a liver-kidney combination can be had for between $160,000 and $180,000.

The above text comes from this article, Lawyer Nominated for Nobel Over His Work On China Organ Harvesting, and what seems to be a growing global concern on human organ harvesting.

Since we've joined the rest of the world in providing universal heathcare for our citizens, we can now join the rest of the world in harvesting human organs for the security of the state.

You won’t find another place like China because unlike other countries, China actually condones organ harvesting. If you’re in dying need for a kidney, fly to a hospital in China where you lay in bed and wait for your kidney to arrive; fresh and ready for surgery. It is unknown how much money is made from the illegal sale of organs as there is little information.

However, there are claims that hospitals head hunt foreigners in need for organs and people are paying anywhere from $10,000 to $65,000 for a kidney.

The above quote is from 8 Countries Where Human Organs Are Harvested. This law would be good if we could keep the Chinese from crying foul.

In reality, Americans are increasingly becoming more desensitized. The elected officials from the local level all the way to Washington DC reflects our sentiments.

It's my belief that the reason that this nation is going all to hell is that more and more people want to go to Hell. This was proven in the 2008 elections.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
I'm from NY, and I don't want this. I guarantee you that there are probably at least a million more people behind me on this one. It's a valiant gesture, but the fact that this man wants to do this against his constituents' wishes is just plain wrong. He's not from my district, but I wrote him anyway last night voicing my disdain for this proposal. I also wrote my own Assemblyman last night as well telling him that I would not vote for him next time around if he didn't do something to block this from reaching the floor in Albany. I honestly don't think it will, but regardless, this needs to be blocked by concerned citizens in NYS. And you're right, anybody that complains about this that is not from NYS is just being indignant.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

Fair enough. I'm a Virginian and I can promise that VA would reject this wholeheartedly.

As for the people of NY, I trust them to make the choices relevant to their own lives. This will probably be rejected, but used by anti-government zealots to spew more garbage.

I am anti-government (mostly and depending on which level) but the knee-jerk reactions are getting tiresome.

State's Rights folks.

Peace
KJ

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join