It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women With Suntans Will Be Arrested, Iran *** Fox News Bias?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Firstly:

Originally posted by LadySkadi

The warning follows recent comments made by a hard-line Iranian cleric, who claimed women dressed in revealing clothing were disturbing young men and causing earthquakes.
(link)

Your avatar is disturbing me and I believe it to be causing earthquakes.

Secondly:

I figure Fox News is as big a part of the overall left/right distraction tactic as, say, MSNBC. That is to say that all of the MSM outlets are doing their part to keep everyone bickering and distracted while TPTB continue with whatever they're up to these days.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Seems the real conspiracy here is against the American people , in favor of the agenda of the progressives in this country..

But you can continue to grasp at straw men for dirt on FOX, sounds like youve bought in to the war on FOX news to me.

Interesting perspective. The wording you choose seems to indicate that you believe progressives in this country are not American? or, just not your kind of "American"?

I could care less which news agency brought this story out (this just happens to land in Fox's court) the curiosity is that only ONE agency reported it and that should be questioned, at the least it should be reflected... So I am... why aren't you?

Do not let the fact that this is a Fox source (of which you are an apparent supporter) blind you to the bigger point...

[edit on 29-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by Subjective Truth

sorry...laptop battery sux

So, Troll, huh..?

What is this..?

They have trained the sheep to follow and this has lead to people not caring as much about the message and to only care about the messenger.

Thankfully for TPTB America is full of pathetic and weak people that do not look at the issues only the people selling them. Just like this OP.

It's sweeping generalizations such as this that have very little context and an air of superiority, though the individual throwing it out there may be nothing more than one more member riding the anit-american band wagon, that elicit a reaction...

What did you offer ST..? Nothing but a bait comment..?

But what's new..? Members like you are a dime-a-dozen, and yet, you'll still find a supporter.

When you draw line this wide and try to tie something based solely on agenda then a reply like this is called for. Follow my posting history and read for yourself I only go after the truly stupid people of this world. I know it is harsh but I am telling the truth. Read for yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

When you draw line this wide and try to tie something based solely on agenda then a reply like this is called for. Follow my posting history and read for yourself I only go after the truly stupid people of this world. I know it is harsh but I am telling the truth. Read for yourself.

Quite the ironic statement... might want to check your bias, before preaching to others.

While you focus on trying to draw imagined agendas/conclusions about the questions asked, you fail to acknowledge that reflecting on the source of information is a necessary part of evaluating the information. You want this to happen:
ST

We need to stop looking at the messenger and take a good hard look at the message.

Than understand that the message(s) are not independent of the source.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Would you not agree that News Agencies (whomever they are) have a fundamental point of view/agenda that colors the reporting? Would you not agree that is is "curious" that one MSM organization ran this story when it appears that no other has? Would you not agree that there was a reason to do so?

The thread is a discussion about that reason(s)

Why does any MSM station report the stories they do? Ratings/Money. So Fox decides to report on an issue that none of the other MSM stations have reported on....seems to me this is a good plan to get more people to watch their stations = increasing their ratings. It must be working. Kudos to them for making more money.

Alternative news = the new black.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Wolftotem]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

I would agree that is a legitimate business goal and each entity will define business models and practices to its fundamental belief/strategy. If one doesn't understand the philosophy (the filter) for which information is packaged, than one will be subject to influence ... subtle or otherwise... of the entity which broadcasts the message. Business model aside, what's the message behind the publication?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
recent comments made by a hard-line Iranian cleric

This is the key line.
There are hard-line activists for all manner of groups, religious or not, eg, feminists, Environmentalists,religious leaders,anti abortionists.
Their hard line views rarely reflect the sentiment of the nation and are rarely given any publicity . . . .
Unless a certain media group wants to stir certain sentiments within a community these extreme and non mainstream views are not exposed to the broader public, only the few devout, extreme followers of said hard liners.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Nothing to do with muslim, loads of males have no interest in females.

On fox, why do you guys bother with those news stations that do glenn beck and olbermann.

The funny thing is they come here for there news.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Its pretty crazy. Yet in all religions theres always a hardline devotee who follows the religious path.
But yes, I see your point.
Fox are maybe picking it up to show some sort of ideal, so there may be another excuse/reason to liberate the oppressed people because they cant get a suntan.

Star.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join