It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women With Suntans Will Be Arrested, Iran *** Fox News Bias?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

We need to stop looking at the messenger and take a good hard look at the message. They have trained the sheep to follow and this has lead to people not caring as much about the message and to only care about the messenger.

Thankfully for TPTB America is full of pathetic and weak people that do not look at the issues only the people selling them. Just like this OP.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

NUKE EM!!!!!!

Am I the only one here who find this a ridiculous reason to support sending american troops into what WILL BE an impossible suicide mission!

No...another idiot stopped by earlier.

No one here 'seems' to be supporting the idea of a suicide mission...the idea that an ideology can suppress quality of life is the main issue - but that appears to have gone over your head.

If anything, we should send in the Haiti Christian Missionaries...they definitely won't put themselves in danger, so getting them outta there if SHTF shouldn't be a problem.

content edit...

[edit on 4/28/2010 by happygolucky]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Thankfully for TPTB America is full of pathetic and weak people that do not look at the issues only the people selling them. Just like this OP.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Oh now its not gone over my head, but my point is, Why do you care????

Are you running to the aid of the Zimbabweans or the Burmese, (Myanmar)

Do you care about similar oppression in Saudi, or Jordan, Yemen, Indonesia, or China

Short ..No?

so don't tell me that this is a moral crusade to rescue the poor oppressed women of Iran, Wake up

We heard the same crap about Afghanistan and Iraq, and look

the women still wear the Burka

Why they choose to, and are free to do so!,

Listen you guys have enough hot chicks running around in Bikinis, So what do you care if there's a bunch of middle eastern chick that must do the same

You guys don't allow women to go topless on the beach, we in Europe do, should we invade you for violation of the rights of women to bear their boobs on the beach?????

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

If you want to troll instead of arguing the points I made that is your choice but I dont really like to play the games anymore so please make a counter point to my argument or just remain silent but please dont Troll me.

Prove me wrong instead.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Another question (perhaps more important) is why does Fox News choose to care? There is an agenda at play... Why the interest?

*keeping this short, sitting in a mtg. at present

[edit on 28-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Another question (perhaps more important) is why does Fox News choose to care? There is an agenda at play... Why the interest?

*keeping this short, sitting in a mtg. at present

[edit on 28-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

Would you feel the same way if CNN had run the story? Maybe it is you with the agenda? We dont look at the issue we look at the people selling them to us. This is the very definition of stupidity.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Point is - CNN didn't run the story - in fact, the story seems to be run by only one news agency...

Perhaps your point of view/agenda blinds you to the *point* of this thread?

Worth a personal consideration.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
This is almost as bad as the new Arizona immigration law...ok ok...it is worse then that...but Arizona isn't too far behind Iran.

Try entering Iran illegally....or by mistake for that matter, then compare Iran to Arizona.

online.wsj.com...

Three Americans were detained on Friday by Iranian authorities after crossing into Iran from the Kurdish territories in northern Iraq without permission, according to Kurdish officials.

A State Department official said the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad was investigating the reports of missing Americans and was taking the possible detention "very seriously."

"It looks like the three of them were kidnapped and they may have been taken into Iran," he added.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I agree with both.

\Why do Fox care, maybe because the know that they are the trusted red neck outlet of the heart land! for some reason

it doesn;t matter what the edumacated people think, as long as the majority think that they are told. it is the essence of the NWO. So do you not think that we, as supposedly awake people, have the responsibility to call this crap.\

A sillier reason for war never heard, it's worse than claiming Iraq was buying yellow cake Uranium!

Oh m,y god women in Iram can't get a sun tan!

They are already olive skinned for god sake! who cares???? I agree with you it is just simple marketing playing to the WASP mentality

I hark back to my visit to a county fair in Ohia when I was 14.

When buying lemonade pof all things from a stand, the hick (he was) hearing we were not american asked where we were from, Of course we replied England.

his next question stuck with me

"Sooo y'all got a lot o freedom there??_

Sigh!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Point is - CNN didn't run the story - in fact, the story seems to be run by only one news agency...

Perhaps your point of view/agenda blinds you to the *point* of this thread?

Worth a personal consideration.

Nice dodge we both know the truth is a mute point to you on this issue you want to tie it to Fox news being biased. What are they Bias of wanting freedom for women? Nice try but next time a pick a battle that is a little more worthy this one just does not make that much sense.

Fox news runs story about women's rights in Iran = They are war mongering.
Would you let your daughter visit Iran? We should look at the Issue.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Not a dodge man, I'm asking questions about the reasons for the article...

You're the one drawing conclusions...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I certainly wouldn't because their culture is opposite to my own, and I would not want any daughter of mind subjected to that manner of thinking.

But

If the people born into that way of thinking, and support that way of thinking with their lives

Is this really any reason to attack them, or make reason to attack them

I'll just say it

It is as aver about resources and influence, plain and simple, TPTB just need enough support from their sheeple to make it possible, hence the reason you are all being bombarded with negative anti american iranian messages right now/

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

I certainly wouldn't because their culture is opposite to my own, and I would not want any daughter of mind subjected to that manner of thinking.

But

If the people born into that way of thinking, and support that way of thinking with their lives

Is this really any reason to attack them, or make reason to attack them

I'll just say it

It is as aver about resources and influence, plain and simple, TPTB just need enough support from their sheeple to make it possible, hence the reason you are all being bombarded with negative anti american iranian messages right now/

So we should look the other way with the Muslim cultures when it comes to basic human rights?

All human beings have the right to live and live free as long as those rights do not infringe on another's rights to do the same. I feel bad for your daughter that you do not see this simple truth and hopefully she will pick it up somewhere else in life.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Not a dodge man, I'm asking questions about the reasons for the article...

You're the one drawing conclusions...

I made myself crystal clear. You have not that is called dodging the issue. A spade is a spade in my book. You are trying to build a bridge based on agenda that is leading you to a point you cant argue. Just my personal opinion.

I think some on ATS try and find a conspiracy in anything.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I think some on ATS try and find a conspiracy in anything.

I would agree with that - and anyone familiar with my posting history would not accuse me of being one ... thanks for the chuckle, though.

Would you not agree that News Agencies (whomever they are) have a fundamental point of view/agenda that colors the reporting? Would you not agree that is is "curious" that one MSM organization ran this story when it appears that no other has? Would you not agree that there was a reason to do so?

The thread is a discussion about that reason(s)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

sorry...laptop battery sux

So, Troll, huh..?

What is this..?

They have trained the sheep to follow and this has lead to people not caring as much about the message and to only care about the messenger.

It's sweeping generalizations such as this that have very little context and an air of superiority, though the individual throwing it out there may be nothing more than one more member riding the anit-american band wagon, that elicit a reaction...

What did you offer ST..? Nothing but a bait comment..?

But what's new..? Members like you are a dime-a-dozen, and yet, you'll still find a supporter.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
We hear Christian nut jobs in America making such silly claims as well, extremists are in all religions. Iran is actually quite liberal compared to other countries, let's say Saudi Arabia and wahhabism, don't hear calls for invading Saudi Arabia. Let the Iranians deal with it on their own and stop this spreading democracy mumbo jumbo.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I dont find it curious at all, every other main stream news agency out there seem to only report things that make benefit those people who have them in their pocket.

Look at the difference between what is covered by Fox news and other news agencies.....

They only report things that attack conservative America or make the administration look like saints....

You can point fingers and try to find consipiracies in Fox news, I can do the same with every other news outlet out there...however i think youll find i have more ammunition.

I could look back over the past 5 months and find pertinent news that the likes of MSNBC, CNN and other networks decided not to report that was detrimental, as apposed to FOX......

Seems the real conspiracy here is against the American people , in favor of the agenda of the progressives in this country..

But you can continue to grasp at straw men for dirt on FOX, sounds like youve bought in to the war on FOX news to me......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join