It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Governments monitor ATS users in the real world.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is something I have been wondering since the day I signed up here.

I remember when I first signed up first a 737 flew low over my school. (But it had airline markings) and then when I was on my way home a white 747 no markings not even a tail number flew over at a low altitude. A couple of months ago after I had been quite active one night I saw the same white 747. Still no markings. Fly low over my house. I have also noticed that my mobile phone (possibly) seems to be making a dialing noise even when it is turned off. (Is it possible it has been bugged but it so crappy it has to make the dialing noise when the bug phones home?) Is it possible people who are active here are being monitored in real life by their respective governments in real life outside of the internet?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
They don't have to.

The primary reason for this is because they have so many methods of surveillance that they can simply bring your file up on the computer and access the majority of your habits/activities which are all already on file.

This makes it super easy to determine WHO is worthy of actual real world surveillance.

They simply do not have the resources to watch everyone in real life, so they have to weed out 99% of us and find that 1% that is actually crazy and worth watching.

This is my theory.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
sounds like a good theory,alot of odd things happen at my house mostly calls with no answer or a computer dialer most of the time i wonder this to.but there are to many members on ATS for TPTB to monitor the man power and cost would be high.

Besides most of the stuff most members get from a news source or what not.i have not really seen anyone on ATS with a smoking gun to my knowledge.but hey you never no,right

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Luke.S

Maybe you were paranoid when you first signed up because you thought it was a crime to be voicing your opinion about alternative topics.I know i felt this way .I cant see how the aircraft are relevant ,Do you think the gov would spend thousands of dollars in jet fuel just to fly over your house and sprinkle a little conforming powder on you.If they wanted you to pay for the crime of thinking there are other cheaper ways .Maybe ats is the government and we have all been fooled and rounded up in one basket.Best not to think about it!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
They simply do not have the resources to watch everyone in real life, so they have to weed out 99% of us and find that 1% that is actually crazy and worth watching.

hahaha
looks like me and Doc and sickle made the list

well at least 1 list anyway

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I suppose when I think about it the cost of Jet fuel to check up on one person would be alot.

Still have no idea what the dialing noise is.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Given the world of today, especially the interwebs, little effort is required. From last check over 400 million idiots have plastered facebook with all sorts of personal information. Twitter is loaded with mindless facts but good for data mining the general population. In short the work is being done for those who wish to observe.

For the person who claimed to receive calls with no answer.....telemarketers undoubtedly.

brill

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The Digital Economy Act proves, at least, that they not only watch us, but that they are LITERALLY watching us HERE at ATS (among many other forums) right now.

Just how "real" does it have to get before we believe it?

Just how far are they willing to go? However far they feel they have some fringe justification for. The more they get away with (slowly but surely), the more we get desensitized to it. Soon enough, they won't care about desensitization.

So be it!

They'll have to take my words from my fear/oppression/poverty-stricken corpse.

NEVER give up...NEVER.

I feel more and more violated every day simply because they're calling us criminals for loving our country's Constitution. Is this not insinuating a threat?

I find it hard to believe that a patriot is a threat to anyone who's not trying to walk all over them. :/

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I had a similar experience when I joined! My experience was slightly different as I believe the govt is using feathered spy drones that look suspiciously like birds to evesdrop on my conversations. After joining ATS I noticed a bird looking at me through the window, spying on me then I noticed a bird sat on the telephone line obviously using it's "feet" to tap into my calls and then as I left the house the feathered spy drones using the flock technique flew near me and watched me from a safe distance from the trees.
Anyone else have similar experiences?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm sure they focus their resources on what they perceive to be credible threats. Isn't that what we'd all hope they'd do? I'm usually not paranoid, but when planes and helicopters circle me from above, I start to wonder what's going on.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Nemesis0123]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The dialing noise could be interference with your cell when it is near a speaker source. Either when someone was trying to call you or if your time or date got automatically updated. Happens to me all the time, I work in an armory and the only signal I get is right next to my computer speakers and everytime my phone updates or right before someone calls me it makes a weird noise.

This could explain it or it could not, dunno

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

Yeah i have noticed these "birds" they seem to appear in the morning when i turn on computer and then mysteriously disappear at night .I tried approaching some but they flew away .Very strange!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Luke.S

To think that Governments don't monitor websites like ATS is extremely naive.
There are people specifically trained to identify malcontents.

Bush's Department of Homeland Security is ramped up and growing with domestic spying a priority. The focus has shifted is all.

medillnsj.org...

Be wary of those that try and poo poo the idea or make light of domestic spying; either they are ignorant or part of it and just copy and pasted your url into a data base.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Don't you realize that the moment you clicked on the title of this thread
that it instantly sent a message to TPTB to start watching your every
move? Now every time you use your cell phone, turn on the tv, use the
internet, drive in your car, lie in bed at night and sit at the dinner table,
they are listening in on you. We are screw@d.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If you suspect that you might be watched by the government ask yourself the following:

Have you engaged in ANY criminal activity recently? If not, is there someone who is relatively close to you who might have?

Have you contacted individuals who you might imagine are involved in criminal activity? If so, was this a number overseas? This includes e-mail correspondence.

Have you ever given money to an organization under investigation, part of the list of "terrorist" organizations, or attended any of their functions?

Have you ever had a security clearance high enough to warrant any effort by the Government to evesdrop on your communications and activities?

Do you know details of classified material WITHOUT clearance?
Have you ever published details of said classified materials?
Do you know anyone who has access or has discussed classified material with you at any point?

Have you ever made threats to politicians online or elsewhere? Have you ever threatened any body for any reason with physical or other kind of harm?

Have you ever received sums of money electronically from overseas in excess of $8,000 for anything at all or sent money in excess of $8000 to anyone overseas?

If the answer to all of these is no then you have nothing to worry about. If the answer to any of these is yes, then you need to reevaluate your communications priorities and perhaps turn yourself in before they show up guns ablazing.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Luke.S

Are you late on any credit cards? It's probably a bill collector or a telemarketer. They now have phone systems that will hang up if your answering machine picks up. By the time the machine records the call the system is dialing the next number.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by js331975]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I knew I was in the middle of something I could barely comprehend when members of faction 2 (cats) attacked the "birds" if they could be called that and drove them away. I feel safe for the time being but it's only a matter of time before they come back and then what...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luke.S
This is something I have been wondering since the day I signed up here.

I remember when I first signed up first a 737 flew low over my school. (But it had airline markings) and then when I was on my way home a white 747 no markings not even a tail number flew over at a low altitude. A couple of months ago after I had been quite active one night I saw the same white 747. Still no markings. Fly low over my house. I have also noticed that my mobile phone (possibly) seems to be making a dialing noise even when it is turned off. (Is it possible it has been bugged but it so crappy it has to make the dialing noise when the bug phones home?) Is it possible people who are active here are being monitored in real life by their respective governments in real life outside of the internet?

Who cares if the monitor us. We are doing nothing wrong.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Luke.S

Yes, they can monitor everything. Your cell phone, email, internet use, everything.

If you've ever seen that movie "Enemy of the State" where they were tracking Will Smith in real-time and they could see and hear almost everything he was doing, that's pretty close to the truth.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
hahaha
looks like me and Doc and sickle made the list

well at least 1 list anyway

Well with a handle like "boondock-saint", I wonder why? Mercilessly execute any gangsters and bad guys lately?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join