It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Brain Was Genetically Engineered?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Based off of what I have been reading up, the left and right brain are very different, left brained people seem to be the sheep and focus on small meaningless tasks while ignoring the facts in front of their face. It seems like common sense and everything needed, including spirituality is located on the right brain, along with the pineal gland.

sidhere.com...

So it seems that we arrived on this planet with a correctly functioning brain, until whatever beings decided to manipulate us and perform genetic engineering on us and our dna, supplementing our spiritual side with there limited functioning left brain. If you think of it, our biologic body is almost the same as a computer and its hardware, I mean governments obviously know this and perform mind control and know how it ticks. So is this part of the ying and yang? adam and eve? I'd like to here other peoples opinions on the subject, as I believe that there is something inside of all or most of us that is holding us back.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
No, it's simply evolution (or more appropriately: natural selection) at work. The stupider people with more tendency for left-brain activities breed faster and more profusely than the right-brainers.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I know evolution plays some part too but I feel like theres a lot more than we know about these things.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by triplehelix888

The website shows an Asian man -- big photo -- but then upon hypertexting you find it's a retired white dude behind the site.... although the photo gives the impression it's the sites' author.... That's not wrong -- in fact it's more "right" (brained) than realized:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272506483&sr=1-2

They seem to show East Asians (a term Nisbett uses as a catch-all for Chinese, Koreans, Japanese and others) measurably more holistic in their perceptions (taking in whole scenes rather than a few stand-out objects). Westerners, or those brought up in Northern European and Anglo-Saxon-descended cultures, have a "tunnel-vision perceptual style" that focuses much more on identifying what's prominent in certain scenes and remembering it.

A series of events and studies led him gradually to quite another view, that Asians and Westerners "have maintained very different systems of thought for thousands of years." Different how? "The collective or interdependent nature of Asian society is consistent with Asians' broad, contextual view of the world and their belief that events are highly complex and determined by many factors. The individualistic or independent nature of Western society seems consistent with the Western focus on particular objects in isolation from their context and with Westerners' belief that they can know the rules governing objects and therefore can control the objects' behavior."

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by triplehelix888

I always thought there was a very meaningful yin yang balance between the right and left. One side is logical and the other emotional.

By the way it doesn't make sense for the left-brain to be the "sheep" brain because the left brain is the logical side, the analytical side. If the left is responsible for logic than the right might be responsible for ignorance and superstition and of course fear all three of which play a major part in the enslavement of the herd.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Left brain/ right brain is a fallicy. We use so much of our brain in conjuction. No one is completely one sided or the other. The question is more likely... is you frontal cortex well developed or not, or are you using too much of the amygdala.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The problem with this is that it presupposes that some people are right- or left-brained. While it's true that different sides of the brain have different specialized areas, it is also true that during most behaviors the majority of the brain is active. Left- and right-brainedness is simply a concept made by pop psychologists that has no basis in science. Also, despite earlier beliefs, the pineal gland is present in both hemispheres. Once again, there is no scientific basis for any of these claims whatsoever.

top topics

join