It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is space alive??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Have thought this question to myself for a while now, its the one question I don't see asked really at all? (could just be a dumb question?)

So, what do you think...... Is space alive?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by kyleplatinum]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Space always made me think of a super-thick fluid. Like the wax in a lava lamp. As for being 'alive' you'd have to first define what being 'alive' really is. I mean, it can be alive in the sense that it needs to absorb nutrients essential for survival, a multi-dimensional organism of sorts. Then it could be alive in the sense that it's a self aware entity that has its own consciousness. According to the quantum world, if you can think it up, it exists in some existence somewhere.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyleplatinum
Have thought this question to myself for a while now, its the one question I don't see asked really at all? (could just be a dumb question?)

So, what do you think...... Is space alive?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by kyleplatinum]

Interesting concept of your question. Space indeed is the essential unravelling of all life. All life lives within it as a certain thing an life gives to life a certain vibrancy or an expression to what it is. Space manifest all the physical realities we are conscious of and it transcends in time. Space becomes the life we consciously exist as. It is time formed through the finite distinctions of matter. It is the gap which essentially unifies the object and the being. It is God expressed through the finite abstraction of itself.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think there could be things in space that, dont need planets. that just roam space. like animals in water.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
the universe itself is alive and space inbetween, planets and beings are its "body functions"
So yes, id say it is very well alive in all the words sense, it even is conscious using living beings as its consciousness.

If we are alive, then the universe must be alive too, after all, everything in it is scaled from the tiniest bit to the biggest, and the other way round

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Well put! Makes you think... if we are alive, then space is. Then if space is alive then???

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I see the void of space as an ocean of inky black water, that came from a greater and infinite force.(Let the force be with you!) Planets, stars, dark stars are like cells, hence alive. Religion and science seems to agree that the universe started as a small particle, smaller than an atom and grew into this vast ocean of light.

"The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, that grew to a large tree where the birds of the air make their home." Something like that. It sounds funny to hear scientists of today refer to celestial bodies as "structures". Then again, to call them structures, makes it sound like buildings, as in something constructed them.

In my eyes the universe is vast, beautiful, and mysterious. Instead of seeing myself as a small speck in the ocean, I envision the whole thing in my hands. I say to myself, I am both part of AND the whole universe at the same time. I am universal consciousness localized on the Earth at this point in time. This is the real meaning of the Mayan long count, we are going through phases of consciousness, the next is universal. The doomsday stuff is all opinion or outright lies.

Anyway, I don't wanna get too off-topic with the spiritual stuff in here
But in my humble opinion the universe is very much alive and conscious, and is a physical rendition of the spiritual realm, which preceded it. It is a blueprint of the past, the 'Book of Life'.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So weird...I just literally 10 minutes ago asked my friend the same question...makes you wonder....If you think about electrons and how protons or neutrons oribit around each other...not sure exactly which one does what....but the planets are doing it too...just on a much larger scale than we are used to seeing it...watching videos of the sun and that plasma rain....just makes you think...what if space is one being and we are just alive in it as a flea to a dog...sounds crazy but is it really?

I absolutely think space is alive...the buliding blocks of life can be found throughout it...atoms are everywhere...could be a living organic thing?!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Space is full of matter and energy.
One must know how to find and use it.
We are alive but we can only use the space we have allotted.

Old time thoughts of nature scientist May 20, 1891:

Nature has stored up in the universe infinite energy. The eternal
recipient and transmitter of this infinite energy is the ether.

Document Page 145

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyleplatinum
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Well put! Makes you think... if we are alive, then space is. Then if space is alive then???

Ask yourself this...

How old is man or life on Earth? How old is the known universe which was here first and which is oldest? If we developed and are ALIVE then the odds are that it is alive and much wiser. I've sometimes thought of the sun as the mother and the planets her children. Earth being alive needs fuel to keep her going. Oil as blood which will keep the core going through tectonic forces and we living beings as the next source of that fossil fuel.

Every so often she may decimate her offspring [Life on Earth] in order to supply that fuel/oil/blood in order to stay alive.

new topics

top topics

join