It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the 'aliens' always choose Roswell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Is it just me or have there been an abnormally large number of UFO/ Alien sightings in the area.
Is it one group of people who live in the area trying to pull a hoax?
Is it the government?
Is it the place where aliens have decided to come into the world from?

I have heard all of these theories, but what do you think?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Roswellians are the most receptive audience!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yeah thats probably it. They fraek otu so its a good place to go for.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
They like the hot climate.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The most likely answer to this question is the one that alien belivers do not like to here. The siteings are of military aircraft and experiments and not that of aliens.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I would say that given the proximity to modern top secret test bases, most sightings are simply government projects....especially drones...

However, that doesn't change the original crash significance, as Roswell was different at the time...it housed the world's only atomic bomb wing, and thus was far more important for observation.....

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The same reason why the Lochness Monster keeps on comming back. They leave out milk and cookies.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1998OX4
The same reason why the Lochness Monster keeps on comming back. They leave out milk and cookies.

thats a new one havent heard that before, leaving out milk and cookies for the Lochness monster, were you hear that from?

Yeah i recon that the sightings in rosewell are nothing more then top secret milatary air craft. Exept for the rosewell incident that made the place famous or infomous in some aspects, that i think was real.
Was it a weather ballon that crashed, give me a friken break as if it was!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The most annoying thing about these crashes is that they safely journey millions and millions and millions of miles and just before they have a chance to do this "take me to your leader" stuff, well dont they just go and crash.

Isnt that the worst bit of luck you can get.

Its taken lifetimes to get here and then you crash.

I reckon the pilot is a bit tired and hands over the controls to his mrs for the last few miles.

"Just having a shave before I meet the local dignatories dear, just keep it nice and steady Babe ....Honey............... Honey .......................nooooooooo............"

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
No No No - you all got it wrong!

It's obvious that Roswell is the intergalactic red light district!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think it's because they have a lot of discount coupons for Pizza Hut.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That makes sense. They come for the pizza because their planet is running low on food

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
they have only crashed in roswell once so the question is why do they choose the southwwest.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
maybe its because they prefer havin a bbq and just by chance go to the southwest, or it could be a designated landing area that the american goverment has for them.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Ah ha! One I can answer! First off, it is Roswellite, not Roswellian ;-) . I lived there for many years and graduated HS there.

It is funny, when I was there in the late 80s-early 90s the town hated the whole UFO thing. It was mostly a retirement community.

Then came the X-Files and all of the sudden the city council realized that they could make real money off of UFO people so they jumped on the bandwagon.

As to the truth behind the "crash", I personally think it was just a weather balloon as the official story goes, however, I would like to note a number of abandoned missile silos out there as well as the fact that the runway at the Roswell airport is one of the longest in the country leads me to believe that there were a number of experiments going on there during and after WW2.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
People that have a propensity to look upwards into the sky have a higher percentage of seeing odd things in that sky. Roswell and other places where UFOs have been seen are more likely to have additional UFOs reported because the residents of the area are already wary of UFO presence and will continue to look for them. This is also true of areas that have air fields near them. People look up to see planes. So they are also more likely to spot UFOs than in an area without air travel.

This is also why during the 50s UFOs were seen so much. The media actually published reports on UFO/alien sightings and therefore people were more aware and actually looked around to report on it. This was also helped by the U.S. government actually conducting a public investigation into them. The more aware people are of a subject, the more they will see of it because they will actually be alert on the issue.

The same can be said for the recent upsurge in UFO sightings since the May Mexico UFO video release. I've noticed more than average UFO reports on the internet and I assume that is due to the public visibility the subject had due directly to the high profile Mexico video case.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by heelstone]

top topics

join