It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deport Children of Illegals: Hunter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Darkrunner

Wikipedia is not the place to go for "numbers" and "facts".

Oh right...I forgot this tactic...attack the source...then blindly don't believe it.

Whatever works to keep you inside your bubble.

Lol. You keep believing everything you read on wiki as being sacrosanct. You'll end up looking the fool.

Although there are some accurate pages, it is cluttered with inaccuracies...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Wildbob77

The 14th amendment was created so that the children of slaves couldn't be re-enslaved. It was not created so that illegal immigrants could have a baby and qualify for welfare.

And the 2nd amendment was created so people could own muskets, not so people could carry around AK-47s and sniper rifles...so do you think the 2nd ammendment needs to be changed too?

Wrong. The second amendment was created so the people would have a way to fight back against the Government in the form if a millitia if the situation ever arose.

Here is an actual reputable source, NOT a wiki....

topics.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I'm not suggesting that children who are now legal citizens be thrown out.

I would suggest that we alter this amendment from this point forward children born of legal citizens become citizens. Children of visitors legal or illegal would not get automatic citizenship.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Vee Should take zheir offspringz and throw zem on the za blades
of zheir evil lawn caring machinez!

Just like a gang

fascism is a group activity

its only rumblings now, always how it starts

problem - reaction = new problem, repeat...

next thing you know

Maybe you guys can fashion a way to deport me, based upon loving a couple of those things. I actually would not be surprised... actually, not rhetorically

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Another interpretation of the second amendment is that a well regulated local militia would be able to respond to a local indecent since a federal response might have taken too long.

Remember, the constitution was created when people and militias traveled by horse and wagon.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Actually if you read some of the quotes in the Annals of Congress about what some of our earliest politicians and forefathers had to say, you might see that I have not interpreted it at all but used the interpretation of those same early politicians and forefathers.

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." (Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment [ I Annals of Congress at 750 [August 17, 1789]])

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

"...but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in discipline and use of arms, who stand ready to defend their rights..." (Alexander Hamilton speaking of standing armies in Federalist 29.)

But I digress and veer from the intended path of this thread.

I still stand firm in my own humble opinion that if an illegal comes to the United States and produces a child, that child should no longer be afforded citizenship and the rights that are attached. I DO think that the child should have the opportunity at some predetermined age to begin the process of becoming a citizen and perhaps be placed farther up the list. However until the process has begun, that child and its parents should be deported back to the country they came from.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Just like a gang
fascism is a group activity
its only rumblings now, always how it starts

Replace "fascism" with "invasion" and see the following video from Aztlan.net, official support for the invasion:
Dreamy Video of Invasion
In case anyone doesn't know, Aztlan (according to the invaders) is the majority of the southwestern part of the US, and some of Northern Mexico.

Take my word for it, this video is hardly any different from any day on a S. Texas ranch, especially during a drought. Don't call me racist either, because 100% of my legal citizen Hispanic friends are totally against this BS. Their parents and grandparents went through the trouble to do it legally and righteously. That's why they speak english and act like American citizens. The invasion has really screwed things up for all of us.

Also see this cr@p:

and

more cr@p:

and finally (from the same website):

How 'bout that Marines?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Now, I find this interesting. From the source cited

Hunter said he also supports a bill, House Resolution 1868, that would eliminate automatic citizenship for those children.

Rep Hunter and others in the legislature feel that to change this part of the Constitution, they can do so legislatively, rather than the method delineated IN the Constitution. Apparently they would want this to be a fight taken to the Supreme Court, to see if they have the right to do this change this way. And a conservative activist judge would give it to them.

Maybe this is what signing the bill in Arizona is all about, wanting to force this showdown?

All I can say right now is...wow, who next is crossed off/put on the citizenship list this easily? I don't mind amending the Constitution, but do it the way the Constitution spells out.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Okay so, just to rehash something...

The U.S. has immigration laws - when you enter the country illegally you are breaking the law and are then considered a criminal.

Those who break that law and then have children in this country know that they might finally be held accountable for breaking the law and be deported back to Mexico while their children can stay.

Here's what I don't get:

You guys on the left - you are criminalizing the folks on the right who want the laws to be enforced. Illegal immigrants sneaking their way into this country and bypassing the immigration system are the cause. You are treating your fellow Americans like criminals, like THEY are the bad guys here when they didn't create this problem in the first place. Why is that?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

We break up familys all of the time in this country through the enforcement of laws - it is a concept call the penal code. If you have a single mother who commits a major crime, she goes to jail and the kid becomes a ward of the state or goes to a relative. Simply substitue Mexico for jail in this situation. This situation is less harsh on familys for the obvious reason that the parent can't take their kid to prison, but they can take them home.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

You guys on the left - you are criminalizing the folks on the right who want the laws to be enforced. Illegal immigrants sneaking their way into this country and bypassing the immigration system are the cause. You are treating your fellow Americans like criminals, like THEY are the bad guys here when they didn't create this problem in the first place. Why is that?

Try it this way.

The libs want to criminalize the people who never vote for them while legalizing the illegals they hope will vote for them - before or after "amnesty".

The lib's actions make sense now?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I understand the motivation of Democratic politicians. But I'm more interested in the people here on ATS who are vehemently defending those who cross into this country illegally while, at the same time, doing their best to label anyone who agrees with upholding immigration laws as racist or heartless.

Why is that? What's the driving motivation behind this?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

There's that whole lib/con thing again.
:shk:

--

Back to reality. Why on earth would we be applauding something that is being done incorrectly. It should be a Constitutional amendment, of which I would of course be forced to be against. The Constitution is fine the way it is, all those seeking to support the standard process and looking for loopholes are only further undermining the Constitution in the first place.

How very American, that.

---

ETA:

reply to post by sos37

It's the wording. Looks like an illegal? What do illegals look like? Do Russian illegals stick out, do they walk around with plates full of fish and caviar? Do Romanians walk around singing "Mai a hee?"

Oh that's right, we're only looking for the ones singing "La Cucaracha" right?

[edit on 4/28/10 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Okay so, just to rehash something...

The U.S. has immigration laws - when you enter the country illegally you are breaking the law and are then considered a criminal.

Those who break that law and then have children in this country know that they might finally be held accountable for breaking the law and be deported back to Mexico while their children can stay.

Here's what I don't get:

[edit on 28-4-2010 by sos37]

That's a whole new voter block man. And both parties are guilty of it, although the left is better at exploiting it in the name of "humanitarianism"....

Let me be clear (I'm sounding like Obama here) what it comes down to is potential votes...that's why neither party wants to do jack# about the border. Hence, the feds don't want to do anything, the states will...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

It's the wording. Looks like an illegal? What do illegals look like? Do Russian illegals stick out, do they walk around with plates full of fish and caviar? Do Romanians walk around singing "Mai a hee?"

Oh that's right, we're only looking for the ones singing "La Cucaracha" right?

[edit on 4/28/10 by niteboy82]

But isn't that because we're one of only three countries (and by far the largest country) that directly borders Mexico? And isn't it because we have established that we have a big problem with immigrants coming from the south into this country illegally?

If we had this problem with illegal immigrants from Canada I suspect one of the northern states would take up the same legislation. Shouldn't they be allowed to do so if that were case, too?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
I hate this damn subject. i hate it so much.

Look at how rational you guys are. Do you really think some 8 year old born to illegals is going to adjust well to be thrown out of the country they have grown up in? How would you feel about having to be put through that? Really, kids don't ask to be born! You act like they are criminals.

I don't want their children taking jobs from My Children and Grandchildren.

Send them home.

We've got a depression to deal with and these illegals and anchorbabies are only making things difficult for me and mine.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The mother who decides to have an anchor baby, decides to take the risk of being seperated from that child. The law about a child being born on American soil being a legal citizen had to do with the children of slaves, not the invading illegals of today. It is absurd for a woman to come here, drop a baby and now these people get freebies and take from the system.

Many illegals have a total disregard of American laws and have no intention of becoming citizens. I have spoken to many, and not just hispanics. They speak of how easy it is to get things here and how stupid America is.
Yikes! Some say if they are deported, they will just come back again.

Many pro illegal immigration speak of fairness. How fair is it that the illegals are catered to over a legal citizen? How fair is it that we have criminals who murder and rape our citizens and abuse our children? How fair is it to have millions of unemployed people while illegals hold positions? News flash: they are not just taking jobs that citizens won't do! I know, I worked with them!! Back when I had a job.

The government has done nothing to deal with this problem so it is left to the states. Something will be done. Hopefully soon.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
Sorry, but I couldn't find your source for your figures on welfare numbers, and whether illegals receive aid or not. How about the WIC program?
It would be nice to evaluate your statements with some credible sources.

It does not matter how many get aid really. Illegals should not be allowed to receive welfare. Welfare should be for citizens. The jobs should be for citizens.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Americans .........you can't even get rid of the illegal parents let alone their kids.
I think it would be best to focus on the problem from the start, How they get into your country in the first place.

Here in Australia we are having the same problem.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by thedevos1]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Does this guy fit the definition of a true a-hole of the world?

You damn right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join