It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deport Children of Illegals: Hunter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

Originally posted by centurion1211
The kids would and should just go home with their deported parents.

The minors who were born here are United States citizens. God help us when United States citizens are FORCED to live outside their country.

Unless there is a change to the United States Constitution, we would be forcing United States citizens to leave.

Yeah...Its a gray area in the Constitution regarding ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS that have kids in the US....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hispanics.... the new Jews and scapegoats for the Right Wing.

Be honest...It's not about illegals; its about brown people in general if you want to send back little kids that have citizenship as per the constitution. Family values....what a joke!

See the hypocrisy of the Conservatives....Follow the constitution explicitly unless it disagrees with my ideology.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert

Originally posted by centurion1211
The kids would and should just go home with their deported parents.

The minors who were born here are United States citizens. God help us when United States citizens are FORCED to live outside their country.

Unless there is a change to the United States Constitution, we would be forcing United States citizens to leave.

No,

I'm assuming that the illegal parents would WANT to take their children with them and that their children would WANT to go with their parents.

I doubt anyone would need to be forced to leave.

But you kind of raise a related point. IF these kids go back with their illegal parents, what kind of rights would they have under mexico's draconian immigration laws? While mexico complains about the U.S. laws, of course.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Hispanics the new Jews and scapegoats for the Right Wing.

Be honest...It's not about illegals; its about brown people in general if you want to send back little kids that have citizenship as per the constitution.

See the hypocrisy of the Conservatives....Follow the constitution explicitly unless it disagrees with my ideology.

People like you calling me a racist makes me sick. You have no idea who I associate with or who I love for that matter so you should probably watch your mouth a bit there. I am 1/4 Cuban...But MY ancestors came here legally and went through the proper channels! I do NOT want to pay for an illegals health care or home subsidies!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Maybe you should read the OP.. or even the thread title..

Representative Duncan Hunter wants to deport the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by broahes]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Yeah...Its a gray area in the Constitution regarding ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS that have kids in the US....

No, it is not.
en.wikipedia.org...
It has been the accepted practiced for at least 100 years.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Hispanics the new Jews and scapegoats for the Right Wing.

Be honest...It's not about illegals; its about brown people in general if you want to send back little kids that have citizenship as per the constitution.

Says who besides you and any others that love to throw the race card when their other arguments fail? Poster after poster says just the opposite, that they have no problem with LEGAL immigrants. Consider taking your race card and returning it to where you normally keep it. Fits really good there, doesn't it?

See the hypocrisy of the liberals .... Ignore the constitution totally unless it occasionally agrees with their ideology.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

See the hypocrisy of the liberals .... Ignore the constitution totally unless is occasionally agrees with their ideology.

The same can be said about liberals and conservatives..

Conservatives that think we should deport constitutionally born legal citizens.. that is blatantly an example.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by broahes]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
If I was an illegal alien currently living in the US, or was considering joining their ranks, I would be seriously reconsidering my next move.

The border states are finished waiting for the federal government to start doing their job, and we are taking matters into our own hands, and you WILL see a resolution to this issue, so matter how many editorials the liberal media writes villifying the states involved.

What you are seeing here is a popular revolt, this is what the people actually want, not what our government is telling us to want.

Hear Hear. I live in Ohio, and you should hear the talk here on this. I also think that illegals coming here and making a baby does not make an American Citizen. May own Maternal family immigrated here from England long ago, and on the Paternal side there is Native American and Egyptian. So I am a mixed breed myself. These people who are my family assimilated. They learned the language, the customs. they got legal papers from the State.

I believe this trend, (just heard Texas passed an even stricter law than AZ) is going to spread across the US. Government is running scared here, and do not know what to do. The house of Cards is falling down.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I don't understand this idea...that anyone that feels like walking into the country unannounced is to be accorded full rights of a US citizen.

The anchor baby problem has been an issue for a long time. Walk across the border, have a kid, and TA-DA! They can't kick us out!

I would not send the children and parents that are already here back, but we can CERTAINLY prevent this nonsense from going any further. Get troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan and have them patrol the border.

I just left the Arizona border recently, after working at a power plant there for 3 months. The # is getting ridiculous. It's absurd.

Arizona finally got tired of waiting on the feds to do something and took matters into their own hands. Good for them...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wrong idea... wrong focus.

If there is an issue with the LAW as it stands with regards to citizenship (those who are born to illegal's) than THAT is the place to focus on revision.

Focusing on separating families (and this is exactly what it is) is wrong. Period. It does not matter that "they are being given a choice to return" what matters is that it's essentially saying that US citizens are not welcome in country. Second class status. Pathetic.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Oh? So kicking out all these kids is going to do that? You have got to be kidding. Let's look at some facts shall we?
Here are the stats by race for most government welfare programs
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3

It would be more factual if you included trying to normalize your data to a per capita by race, since you want start to spouting statistics.

Racial demographics as of 2008
Source Wikipedia

White alone
(Not including the 29.2 million
White Hispanic and Latino Americans: 65.4% or 198.9 million) 75.0% 228.2 million
Hispanic or Latino ethnicity, of any race 15.4% 46.9 million
Black or African American alone 12.4% 37.6 million
Some other race alone 4.9% 15.0 million
Asian alone 4.4% 13.4 million
Two or more races 2.3% 7.0 million
American Indian or Alaska Native alone 0.8% 2.4 million
Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander alone 0.14% 0.43 million

It skews things a little when you omit that Hispanics are 15.7% of the welfare takers, but only 15.4% of the population. And there is no way of knowing how many tens or hundreds of thousands have poured into the US since 2008.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Unfortunately Hunter does bring up a very valid point. Too many illegale immigrants, and not just the hispanic population, use that loophole as means to citizenship. Is it right to use a child as a means to an end?
That is a valid question that many people do not think of, cause that is exactly what happens when a foriegn national comes here with the intention of having a child on US soil so that she can stay here and use such as an excuse. We as a nation do not allow for our children to be used, and this should not be something to be allowed. I would say the option would be that either the child can return with the parent back to their home country, or remove the child from the home, allowing the child to stay in the country and deport the parent, but to do such with the idea that the child needs to be explained about the violation in the law and that their parent did break the law of the country.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

This is not a policy of breaking up familys, it is a policy of keeping families together, in the country of which they are legal citizens.

That is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard.

Can you honestly say that with a straight face?

Like it or not...ANYONE born on US soil is a UNITED STATES CITIZEN. End of story...good luck getting that one changed.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

It skews things a little when you omit that Hispanics are 15.7% of the welfare takers, but only 15.4% of the population. And there is no way of knowing how many tens or hundreds of thousands have poured into the US since 2008.

I omitted nothing as I'm not interested in their disproportionate representation on welfare rolls. Only legals can receive that kind of aid anyway. I gave the percentages as they stand. As i stated in the bit , there are 46 million LEGAL Hispanics and between 7 to 20 million illegals. There are a little over 5 million Hispanics on welfare. If most illegals got welfare that number would be much higher. Logically it can be inferred most of them are not receiving it.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by antonia]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
america give us your tired, your poor. that is the number one reason people come here illegaly, they are mostly poor and uneducated. i am not saying its ok or that its right. i'm saying these people may not have the money or the means to get here legally. i would like to hear some reasons why they had to come here illegaly? i know why they came here, to better their lives. they live in a corrupt country that does not care about them! sound familiar?

hopefully united states citizens will not find ourselves under similar circumstances. economic refugees if you will? will other countries accept us? then and only then will we be able to see things from the other side of the fence.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Antonia...see the problem is you are using "numbers" and "facts"...those aren't very popular here on ATS when it contradicts their fantasy world. Because they can always just say the NWO faked the numbers....or Obama did it.

I've come to a sad conclusion...ATS isn't the bastion of intelligence that it thinks it is. It is more like a large sea of ignorance...with a few small islands of intelligence.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I omitted nothing as I'm not interested in their disproportionate representation on welfare rolls. Only legals can receive that kind of aid anyway. I gave the percentages as they stand.

Sorry, but I couldn't find your source for your figures on welfare numbers, and whether illegals receive aid or not. How about the WIC program?
It would be nice to evaluate your statements with some credible sources.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Yeah, let's have a trial for each illegal immigrant's child. Prove conspiracy, that will be great. Guess I know what the DOJ will be doing for the next 100 years!

Nope! The Constitution is clear, anyone born in America is a citizen.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
March 20, 1854 Opponents of Democrats’ pro-slavery policies meet in Ripon, Wisconsin to establish the Republican Party
May 30, 1854 Democrat President Franklin Pierce signs Democrats’ Kansas-Nebraska Act, expanding slavery into U.S. territories; opponents unite to form the Republican Party
June 16, 1854 Newspaper editor Horace Greeley calls on opponents of slavery to unite in the Republican Party
July 6, 1854 First state Republican Party officially organized in Jackson, Michigan, to oppose Democrats’ pro-slavery policies
February 11, 1856 Republican Montgomery Blair argues before U.S. Supreme Court on behalf of his client, the slave Dred Scott; later served in [Republican] President Lincoln’s Cabinet
February 22, 1856 First national meeting of the Republican Party, in Pittsburgh, to coordinate opposition to Democrats’ pro-slavery policies

March 27, 1856 First meeting of Republican National Committee in Washington, DC to oppose Democrats’ pro-slavery policies

May 22, 1856 For denouncing Democrats’ pro-slavery policy, Republican U.S. Senator Charles Sumner (R-MA) is beaten nearly to death on floor of Senate by U.S. Rep. Preston Brooks (D-SC), takes three years to recover

March 6, 1857 Republican Supreme Court Justice John McLean issues strenuous dissent from decision by 7 Democrats in infamous Dred Scott case that African-Americans had no rights “which any white man was bound to respect”

June 26, 1857 Abraham Lincoln declares Republican position that slavery is “cruelly wrong,” while Democrats “cultivate and excite hatred” for blacks

October 13, 1858 During Lincoln-Douglas debates, U.S. Senator Stephen Douglas (D-IL) states: “I do not regard the Negro as my equal, and positively deny that he is my brother, or any kin to me whatever”; Douglas became Democratic Party’s 1860 presidential nominee

October 25, 1858 U.S. Senator William Seward (R-NY) describes Democratic Party as “inextricably committed to the designs of the slaveholders”; as President Abraham Lincoln’s Secretary of State, helped draft Emancipation Proclamation

June 4, 1860 Republican U.S. Senator Charles Sumner (R-MA) delivers his classic address, The Barbarism of Slavery

April 7, 1862 President Lincoln concludes treaty with Britain for suppression of slave trade

April 16, 1862 President Lincoln signs bill abolishing slavery in District of Columbia; in Congress, 99% of Republicans vote yes, 83% of Democrats vote no

July 2, 1862 U.S. Rep. Justin Morrill (R-VT) wins passage of Land Grant Act, establishing colleges open to African-Americans, including such students as George Washington Carver

July 17, 1862 Over unanimous Democrat opposition, Republican Congress passes Confiscation Act stating that slaves of the Confederacy “shall be forever free”

August 19, 1862 Republican newspaper editor Horace Greeley writes Prayer of Twenty Millions, calling on President Lincoln to declare emancipation

August 25, 1862 President Abraham Lincoln authorizes enlistment of African-American soldiers in U.S. Army

September 22, 1862 Republican President Abraham Lincoln issues Emancipation Proclamation

January 1, 1863 Emancipation Proclamation, implementing the Republicans’ Confiscation Act of 1862, takes effect

February 9, 1864 Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton deliver over 100,000 signatures to U.S. Senate supporting Republicans’ plans for constitutional amendment to ban slavery

June 15, 1864 Republican Congress votes equal pay for African-American troops serving in U.S. Army during Civil War

June 28, 1864 Republican majority in Congress repeals Fugitive Slave Acts

October 29, 1864 African-American abolitionist Sojourner Truth says of President Lincoln: “I never was treated by anyone with more kindness and cordiality than were shown to me by that great and good man”

January 31, 1865 13th Amendment banning slavery passed by U.S. House with unanimous Republican support, intense Democrat opposition

March 3, 1865 Republican Congress establishes Freedmen’s Bureau to provide health care, education, and technical assistance to emancipated slaves

April 8, 1865 13th Amendment banning slavery passed by U.S. Senate with 100% Republican support, 63% Democrat opposition

June 19, 1865 On “Juneteenth,” U.S. troops land in Galveston, TX to enforce ban on slavery that had been declared more than two years before by the Emancipation Proclamation

November 22, 1865 Republicans denounce Democrat legislature of Mississippi for enacting “black codes,” which institutionalized racial discrimination

December 6, 1865 Republican Party’s 13th Amendment, banning slavery, is ratified

February 5, 1866 U.S. Rep. Thaddeus Stevens (R-PA) introduces legislation, successfully opposed by Democrat President Andrew Johnson, to implement “40 acres and a mule” relief by distributing land to former slaves

April 9, 1866 Republican Congress overrides Democrat President Johnson’s veto; Civil Rights Act of 1866, conferring rights of citizenship on African-Americans, becomes law

April 19, 1866 Thousands assemble in Washington, DC to celebrate Republican Party’s abolition of slavery

May 10, 1866 U.S. House passes Republicans’ 14th Amendment guaranteeing due process and equal protection of the laws to all citizens; 100% of Democrats vote no

June 8, 1866 U.S. Senate passes Republicans’ 14th Amendment guaranteeing due process and equal protection of the law to all citizens; 94% of Republicans vote yes and 100% of Democrats vote no

July 16, 1866 Republican Congress overrides Democrat President Andrew Johnson’s veto of Freedman's Bureau Act, which protected former slaves from “black codes” denying their rights

July 28, 1866 Republican Congress authorizes formation of the Buffalo Soldiers, two regiments of African-American cavalrymen

July 30, 1866 Democrat-controlled City of New Orleans orders police to storm racially-integrated Republican meeting; raid kills 40 and wounds more than 150

January 8, 1867 Republicans override Democrat President Andrew Johnson’s veto of law granting voting rights to African-Americans in D.C.

July 19, 1867 Republican Congress overrides Democrat President Andrew Johnson’s veto of legislation protecting voting rights of African-Americans

March 30, 1868 Republicans begin impeachment trial of Democrat President Andrew Johnson, who declared: “This is a country for white men, and by God, as long as I am President, it shall be a government of

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join