It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deport Children of Illegals: Hunter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Deport Children of Illegals: Hunter

www.nbcsandiego.com

Representative Duncan Hunter wants to deport the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants.

Hunter, who spoke at a tea party gathering in Ramona Saturday, said he does not believe children born to illegal immigrant parents should get automatic U.S. citizenship.

“We’re not being mean,” he told the crowd. “We’re just saying it takes more than just walking across the border to become an American citizen.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I believe this is the correct action to take. While I do believe that children born in the US to legal residents should automatically be given US citizenship, feel that the children of illegals should not be.

To the extent that we do grant citizenship to the children of illegals, their parents should have two choices, take the child back to Mexico, or leave them in a US institution, aka orphanage.

This is not a policy of breaking up familys, it is a policy of keeping families together, in the country of which they are legal citizens.

www.nbcsandiego.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

To the extent that we do grant citizenship to the children of illegals, their parents should have two choices, take the child back to Mexico, or leave them in a US institution, aka orphanage.

Cause that's exactly what we need...

Trail of Tears 2010

Or thousands of unwanted children (who once had loving families) crowding orphanages around the country.

Do you just not realize that you're thinking of them as sub-human? Or do you simply believe that they do not deserve basic human rights?

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

they can go back to mexico with thier families... there doesnt need to be any unwanted children...

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I agree with this point 100%. Children should not be U.S. citizens just because they are born here! I think that atleast one parent should have to be a natural born citizen for this rule to apply. And as for having parentless children, we can just send them back to mexico with their real parents.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think an Anti-Anchor Babies law should be put forth that bans citizenship to children of Illegals. As for the Anchor Babies already given citizenship, they need to serve in the armed forces for 5yrs of service or their citizenship revoked.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And to make sure the little tike's don't have any problems settling into their new lives Representative Duncan Hunter should go with and take personal responsibility for their well being... it is his idea right???

Where I come from we call that "Put up, Shut up, or sit the "F" down and mind your own business!"

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If I was an illegal alien currently living in the US, or was considering joining their ranks, I would be seriously reconsidering my next move.

The border states are finished waiting for the federal government to start doing their job, and we are taking matters into our own hands, and you WILL see a resolution to this issue, so matter how many editorials the liberal media writes villifying the states involved.

What you are seeing here is a popular revolt, this is what the people actually want, not what our government is telling us to want.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If I was an illegal alien currently living in the US, or was considering joining their ranks, I would be seriously reconsidering my next move.

The border states are finished waiting for the federal government to start doing their job, and we are taking matters into our own hands, and you WILL see a resolution to this issue, regardless of how many editorials the liberal media writes villifying the states involved.

What you are seeing here is a popular revolt, this is what the people actually want, not what our government is telling us to want.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Retseh]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Then amend the Constitution so this can't happen in the future.

It amazes me how the preservation of the Constitution is only the focus of some when it supports their views.

Preserve the Constitution no matter what..

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There is a whole industry of hotels ran by other countries that cater to pregnant women that want to have there children over here in the States so they can be born a an American citizen even though the parents are not. I don't think they should be granted this title and should be sent back to where ever they come from with their parents.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Originally posted by dolphinfan

Cause that's exactly what we need...

Trail of Tears 2010

Or thousands of unwanted children (who once had loving families) crowding orphanages around the country.

Do you just not realize that you're thinking of them as sub-human? Or do you simply believe that they do not deserve basic human rights?

That's just BS and you know it. Grandstand much?

The kids would and should just go home with their deported parents.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming sho... ah what the heck..."

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Dynamitrios]

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I hate this damn subject. i hate it so much.

Look at how rational you guys are. Do you really think some 8 year old born to illegals is going to adjust well to be thrown out of the country they have grown up in? How would you feel about having to be put through that? Really, kids don't ask to be born! You act like they are criminals.

What is wrong with you people? Do you seriously believe that you are going to kick everyone out and all of sudden this going to be a freaking utopia? There will be no more drugs, gangs, welfare frauds, drunk drivers, or identity thieves?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You deserve a cool
for that one.

I am personally getting tired of this issue too. Some posters from here in the US have really moved me from being in opposition to illegal immigration to being in support of allowing some of the illegal immigrants to take their place and just deport them.

Meh.. good post.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
We in California pretty much know Hunter is a moron.
Blatantly and without a shadow of a doubt unConstitional!
The Constitution is crystal clear that anyone born in America is a citizen!
Aw, the freedom loving "patriots" of ATS the LOVE The Constitution
(when it suits them) have obviously never read it!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

No, it wont end the issues you spoke if but it will put a small dent in it. And also, the ones perpetrating these problems will be legal and much easier to track down.

I welcome all immigrants to the US....as long as they are legal. Follow the process or gtfo.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

It is not that cut and dry. The fact that in many cases the child was born here for the express purpose to have US citizenship, hence the birth was the part of a planned crime, makes this not so simple.

In any case, it is immaterial. Give the child citizenship. Ship the parents home and you will wind up with the same result.

Oh and by the way, that child, being a US citizen, should they move back to Mexico would have to pay US income taxes. Now thats cool!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
The kids would and should just go home with their deported parents.

The minors who were born here are United States citizens. God help us when United States citizens are FORCED to live outside their country.

Unless there is a change to the United States Constitution, we would be forcing United States citizens to leave.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by antonia

No, it wont end the issues you spoke if but it will put a small dent in it. And also, the ones perpetrating these problems will be legal and much easier to track down.

I welcome all immigrants to the US....as long as they are legal. Follow the process or gtfo.

Oh? So kicking out all these kids is going to do that? You have got to be kidding. Let's look at some facts shall we?

Here are the stats by race for most government welfare programs
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3

As you can see Hispanics make up 15.7 percent. What is the total of all welfare recipients for that period. We are talking about roughly 30 million people. When one says "welfare" they are talking about ADCF programs such as Food stamps, WIC, etc. That would be about...4.71 million people? Last time i saw the number i got a little over 5 million so the number is probably in the 35 million area. There are roughly 45.5 million legal Hispanics and between 7 to 20 million illegals. That depends on who you talk to. Considering this, well, I don't think you'd make much of dent at all welfare because it doesn't logically seem many of them receive otherwise the number of hispanics on welfare would be higher. The numbers for SSI and Medicare are much higher than the totals spend on welfare. Illegals don't get it. Any pregnant woman without insurance can get it but only for the birth/maternal care. Only American citizens can get SSI and Medicare. That eats more money than rest of these programs do.

Now let's look crime.
en.wikipedia.org...
As you can see, most crimes are committed by Whites and Blacks. This makes sense as there are more of them.

"Small"? More like micro dent. It would cost billions to process all these people out. it's like using a nuclear bomb to dig a hole in your backyard.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join