It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama paid to hide records?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have one question and one question only. Where are the facts and evidence to back this accusation? I have read it time and time again and yet to have seen anything remotely offered as proof. Remember this thread is to hand over your evidence not to give heresay by known republican publications...and if you are going to use them; back thier statements up with your own research showing legal documents from lawyers and others.

Oh yeah if your excuse for no evidence is because he is hiding it....well then he can't be doing a good job if you people heard about it..which means there should be something out there to help your belief.

If it is a lie( i should have said..when proving to be a lie) can you stop spewing this as fact.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by kerazeesicko]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
"The political action committee 'Obama for America' paid $1,066,691.90 to the Perkins Coie law firm between Oct. 16, 2008 and March 30, 2009, to fight every request to release Obama's original birth records."

www.conservapedia.com...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by ReVoLuTiOn76]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

As they say on all the courtroom drama shows on TV:

"Asked and answered".

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I was asking people who did thier own research not ones who get led about like sheep by conservative websites. So is there actually any proof outside of conservative websites? I have looked around and only conservative sites make this claim.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

1. There is absolutely no evidence that any of that money was spent "hiding records".

2. Did you seriously try to utilize conservapedia as a source?

[edit on 28-4-2010 by drwizardphd]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

I was asking people who did thier own research not ones who get led about like sheep by conservative websites. So is there actually any proof outside of conservative websites? I have looked around and only conservative sites make this claim.

So, now I suppose you are going to prove - with your own research, and not links to liberal websites - that it is a lie?

Go for it!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
202-434-1602

I would imagine they'd take your phone call, possibly even provide you with an answer.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Need I say more, $1,666397.01 SINCE the election to defend eligibility issues:

"President Obama has paid nearly $1.7 million to his top eligibility lawyer since the election.

Obama for America, Obama's 2008 political campaign, merged with the Democratic National Committee in January and is now known as Organizing for America. The grass-roots army that some refer to as "Obama 2.0" is still collecting financial contributions.

Federal Election Commission records for "Obama for America" show that the lobby organization has paid international law firm Perkins Coie exactly $1,666,397.01 since the 2008 election."

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

So, now I suppose you are going to prove - with your own research, and not links to liberal websites - that it is a lie?

Go for it!

Umm...I am asking for the people who claims this to be fact to show thier evidence not the other way around..
. Are you trying to avoid doing so by putting it on me...
nice try. I never claimed it was true not did I ever claim it wasn't true...I claimed to have seen this being said time and time again with no proof.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Someone said only conservatives make this claim. Well why would Democrats go against their own party and accuse Obama of being Kenyan? That just doesn't make sense. What's he hiding? Why's he hiding everything? Doesn't it seem suspicious to you? Obama is the one who needs to show a birth certificate. It's all on him, not us.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Nemesis0123]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Need I say more, $1,666397.01 SINCE the election to defend eligibility issues:

"President Obama has paid nearly $1.7 million to his top eligibility lawyer since the election.

Obama for America, Obama's 2008 political campaign, merged with the Democratic National Committee in January and is now known as Organizing for America. The grass-roots army that some refer to as "Obama 2.0" is still collecting financial contributions.

Federal Election Commission records for "Obama for America" show that the lobby organization has paid international law firm Perkins Coie exactly $1,666,397.01 since the 2008 election."

Again taken from a conservative site and could you give me the links that would show these records.

Perkins Coie also serves as counsel of record for the Democratic Party and its candidates; its political law group was for many years headed by top campaign lawyer Bob Bauer, and is now chaired by Marc Elias. Perkins Coie represented John Kerry's presidential campaign and recently represented the Presidential campaign of Barack Obama,

en.wikipedia.org...

So they have been representing dem s for awhile now.

And never mind....your just spewing what was written and not your own thoughts...pumasunleashed.wordpress.com...

is in the second paragraph....no actual evidence. Does not actually state what the money was used for or if it was strictly for Obama or other dems.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hmm.
Look at the footnote in the "conservapedia" article.
It's a newspaper article!

Here's the quote from the article:

"And, according to campaign finance reports, his Political Action Committee Obama for America has paid $1,066,691.90 to the Perkins Coie law firm between Oct. 16, 2008 and March 30, 2009 to fight every legal challenge requesting proof of his constitutional eligibility to hold the office of President of the United States."

Noticle that the article contains no source, simply states "to fight blah blah". You should be able to find the "campaign finance reports". When you can quote THAT, maybe your on to something.
My guess is that the "to fight etc" is an assumption, and that Perkins was paid for LEGAL EXPENSES incured during the campaign. Why would they stop in 09? Unless you can acess Perkins internal billing time sheets, how can you state WHAT they billed for?
Since I have worked in law firm management for 30 years, I know that each billable service would be itemized and accounted for.
More BS! More deliberate propaganda!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
pumasunleashed.wordpress.com...

news.muckety.com...

202-434-1602
CALL them up and ask them.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
pumasunleashed.wordpress.com...

news.muckety.com...

202-434-1602
CALL them up and ask them.

Actually if there were legitimate sources in the articles we would not have to phone them. They are basically assuming what the money was for no actual proof it was used for thier claims.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Although I have not been able to find a reference concerning the legal fees to keep BO records confidential. I did Google Bush transcripts that resulted in several sites with actual Yale transcripts for George. The same search resulted in only one site that referred to transcripts avaiable, but resulted in only a snopes report that discussed that the transcripts from Occidental had not been released. I know that transcripts are not released except as authorized by the student. Is there a precedent under FOI concerning elected officials that would need to be litigated to prevent disclosure.

Nevertheless, this search did independently confirm only that they have not been released, which is at least unusual for presidents.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
AS I've posted before: AN OUTRIGHT BIRTHER LIE.

Please see this chart (link below) and pay attention to right hand column:
(CAUTION: Reading and Comprehension skills required.)

1 Note: Birthers claim that Obama has spent "millions" of dollars defending all the birther claims. As shown in this chart, Obama's personal (or campaign) attorneys have appeared only in a very very few number of cases

Birther Score card

The FACTS, as they say, are stubborn.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by centurion1211

Go for it!

Umm...I am asking for the people who claims this to be fact to show thier evidence not the other way around..
. Are you trying to avoid doing so by putting it on me...
nice try. I never claimed it was true not did I ever claim it wasn't true...I claimed to have seen this being said time and time again with no proof.

Umm...Go back and read your own OP for your own reference to it being a lie.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I thought that the reason that Columbia didn't release his records was that he didn't go there. Of course a math teacher, Dr. Tarvor, who used to teach there said Obama did sexual favors to get good math grades. Of course that was in the Gay Report for November 2009 so it might not be a good source.

new topics

top topics

join