It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katla getting ready to blow

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
so you spend all day watching this webcam and checking the usgs waiting for this earthquake to erupt?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

Please explain why the 'night of a full moon' has anything to do with it as the moon is always full???

Its only the reflection of sunlight that changes!!!
Not true>the tides are affected by the moon and the tides effect seismic activity . Not conclusive, but logical to me.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by civicz
so you spend all day watching this webcam and checking the usgs waiting for this earthquake to erupt?

Not a great first post m8

2nd line

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

Please explain why the 'night of a full moon' has anything to do with it as the moon is always full???

Its only the reflection of sunlight that changes!!!

well if it was that simpel we wouldnt have spring tide at full or new moon.
It matters much when the moon is full or new

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Multiple earthquakes??? I can only see one.

Date Time Latitude Longitude Depth Magnitude Quality Location
Wednesday
28.04.2010 15:28:31 63.669 -19.147 5.8 km 1.5 99.0 6.0 km ENE of Goðabunga

Go back to your TV, nothing is happening here.

[edit on 28/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by godddd

Distance away from earth probably....doesn't it vary at times.../ i am not an astronomer .........seems logical....distance x mass, gravity etc

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
There have been multiple earthquakes around it today and there is now smoke coming out of its top. www.ruv.is...

Yeah, it is going to blow.

Soon.

There was a little earthquake there earlier.

I saw some steam coming out yesterday as well.

It's only a matter of time.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
Multiple earthquakes??? I can only see one.

Date Time Latitude Longitude Depth Magnitude Quality Location
Wednesday
28.04.2010 15:28:31 63.669 -19.147 5.8 km 1.5 99.0 6.0 km ENE of Goðabunga

Go back to your TV, nothing is happening here.

Don't rain on his doom man!

I think it will blow within a month.

I could be way wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Aw shucks, can I blow evil CO2 all over his doom then!

The problem with having to put in a line two is that it tends to detract from the punch of the first statement. Yes I agree it will blow sometime - in the next year or so, and so will Grimsvotn, and possibly Hekla and Askja as well.

[edit on 28/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Today - Scienceray reports Katla volcano has had a significant earthquake, see:

scienceray.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow it is exciting events like this that got me to join. Just imagine the fireworks if that baby blows. That should muck up air travel in Europe. If you are American you better hurry up and get home before you get stuck over there.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
The mainstream media has been covering natural disasters regularly since the early 1990s. That exposure doubled after 9/11, and the 24 hour news networks became popular with the ticker at the bottom.

Have you ever heard of so many earthquakes/volcanoes going off in such a short span of time? No. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a disinfo agent, trying to keep you from wondering about the earth. They want you to keep consuming and buying, and not ask questions. That's why they will post "charts" and "data" that are skewed in the first place to leave out specifics about conditions, and other events around the world. There is volcano activity WORLDWIDE. There is earthquake activity WORLDWIDE. And it's all happened within the span of 4 months. That's not normal. It's normal that they are results of each other, but the amount of disasters is increasing exponentially. We are on the verge of something. The only question you should have is, "What is this something?"

What proof do you have? Are you a scientist or something? I truly dont know what is what about this but I dont see any big changes. Sure it is a active year but haven't we had years like this before in earths history?

And I can assure you I am not a dis-info agent I have no idea what is normal. But I do have eyes and when I see threads about a 5.3 earthquake it makes me wonder.

Is the sky truly falling? And if so please provide me with a little proof.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I wanted to ask just how bad is it if this volcano blows it top? What could we see from the local end to the global end of the spectrum. Thank you for any answers.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think I saw "Katla getting ready to blow" once already, didn't it come out on "Vivid" DVD about 2 years ago??????

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The timing of that Katla blow will be interesting. Especially as that will be more than that 'burp' from that E volcano next to it.

Maybe during that coming world cup in S Africa?

Folks there watching soccer aint going back home to Europe or N America for a long long time.

Shanlung

top topics

<< 1   >>

join