It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog looks like a Babylonian Demon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I didn't have the nerve to post this in the Ancient Civilizations forum

In the picture you can see an ancient Babylonian demon called Pazuzu. The expression on his face is exactly the same as the one my dog displays when he is playing.

It made me think - does anyone else suspect that their pet could be an incarnation of an ancient entity? Yes, I am just kidding, but pictures would be appreciated

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ccb425e40973.jpg[/atsimg]

This is a picture of a Kassite terracotta lioness from about 1500 bc. This is exactly the expression I have to put up with when I am too busy to play with the little mutt.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfd758504ae0.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by berenike]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

Ha, your dog is adorable. Has an inquisative look.

If you are thinking he looks like a demon, then, you can't yell at him if he makes a mistake on your carpet!

Don't you wonder what he thinks you look like?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Or artists back then had similar pets, and modeled their artwork off them? It isn't your dog looks like a demon, it's the demon looks like your dog's ancestor!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Bianca Rose I know exactly what my dog thinks I look like - the source of all food and entertainment

Other than that, I hate to think

Wylekat
One of the things I love about ancient art is the way animals were such an inspiration. I love to imagine the artists looking about them and paying such close attention to the wildlife and wanting to 'capture' it just so.

top topics

join