It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Wants To Speak At US Conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad Wants To Speak At US Conference

www.ynetnews.com

Iran asks US to issue visa to Iranian president, who plans to travel to New York Monday to participate in NPT conference.

WASHINGTON – The Iranian struggle against sanctions steps up a notch: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is planning to arrive in New York Monday in order to participate in the convention of 189 countries signed on the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

Iran is a signatory to the treaty.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Very interesting to follow what is going to happen with his Visa aplication and how USA will guarantee his safety. US is directly warmongering against this man - media making picture about second Hitler - but as we have seen in in past, his speech are truly 100% different than speech made by Adolf 70 yrs ago.

Problem to have UN headquarter in USA is huge and international - When their VISA regulations can say who can give speech in UN, and who can not - how can we have any fair outcome?

This puts USA against the wall and show us all where are we heading with Iran - "Let the man speak, and start real negotiations with Iran!"

Lets see... Hope course of this insanity will change.

www.ynetnews.com

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
As long as he doesn't mention israel, and tries to focus on speaking about stuff he can prove, i see it as ok. He needs to make the anglo american empire out to be the monster and everyone can see that clearly iran is not the threat they say to europe and americas, lol, not by a long shot.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Very interesting to follow what is going to happen with his Visa aplication and how USA will guarantee his safety. US is directly warmongering against this man - media making picture about second Hitler - but as we have seen in in past, his speech are truly 100% different than speech made by Adolf 70 yrs ago.

Problem to have UN headquarter in USA is huge and international - When their VISA regulations can say who can give speech in UN, and who can not - how can we have any fair outcome?

This puts USA against the wall and show us all where are we heading with Iran - "Let the man speak, and start real negotiations with Iran!"

Lets see... Hope course of this insanity will change.

www.ynetnews.com

This is why the UN headquarters should be in Geneva, in a politically neutral country...

It will be interesting to see if he's granted a visa or not, but remember he did give that speech at that US university a couple of years ago, so it may not be a problem...

His safety, on the other hand might be, given the frenzy the US government and media has un-necessarily whipped up around Iran and Uncle Mahmoud in particular...

I'm not as optimistic as you about "the course of this insanity" changing...The US and Israel have made it clear they want conflict with Iran and I don't see how this won't happen to be honest...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If he wants to talk about Nuclear Non-Proliferation , I say LET HIM IN.

This is the type of talk we NEED.

Let's get him a seat at the table and start negotiating!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

This is why the UN headquarters should be in Geneva, in a politically neutral country...

I disagree. Switzerland is not neutral (they just claim that).

Actually they have treaties with the Vatican.

You do realize Swiss soldiers guard the Pope?

That is NOT NEUTRALITY. It's Bias!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I say let him in. Then we can see if he has the testicular fortitude to actually show up. If he's invited, then he can't mouth off about being excluded.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Let the man speak!

If the US has a problem with this man offering to give his perspective and .02 cents, then they don't want to work anything out.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
As long as he doesn't mention israel

Why? Why shouldn't he be able to speak about Israel? Israel is the only country with an opinion that matters?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yes, these talks we really need - denying visa at this moment will turn half of the world to Iranian side and shows that decission about war is already done. I think this is a very smart move from Iranian government.

Geneva is not neutral, but one of the hearts of Banksters conspiracies.

UN Headquarter should stay in some distant island, witch is not anyones strategical property and placed somewhere middle of different continents. If I could decide that, I would relocate it maybe to Madagaskar.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
He will show up, stay at an embassy of an ally, be given protection, and then give a speech. What all will be in it?
The US is evil and picking on Iran, they are the agressors, and have no checks on their Nuclear weapons.
Then move on to Isreal and how evil they are and they may or may not have nuclear weapons.
Rhetoric and more empty promises, including to state our program is peaceful and you can trust Iran more than the US.
Nothing new, just new packaging.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig

The US is evil and picking on Iran, they are the agressors, and have no checks on their Nuclear weapons.

Well, that is true. If the US has nuclear weapons, why shouldn't they?

Then move on to Isreal and how evil they are and they may or may not have nuclear weapons.

And, the truth hurts sometimes, doesn't it? No reason not for him to be able to express this.

Rhetoric and more empty promises, including to state our program is peaceful and you can trust Iran more than the US.

I don't think this is the point. The point is, the US has nuclear weapons. They should be able to have them also.

If the US did away with all their nuclear weapons, then possibly other countries would not feel the need to have them, either.

edit to fix quotes

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
As long as he doesn't mention israel, and tries to focus on speaking about stuff he can prove, i see it as ok.

Of course he's going to mention Israel. That's the whole point, going there, sign the non-proliferation treaty, and then do a super-inflated speech about Israel not signing, and the Jews have nukes but the peace-loving, pious Iranians not, we're the good guys they're the bad ones...

That's what I would do if I was Ahmadinejad for a day,

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Indeed, and with the recent apparent preparations for war with Israel and noise from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, China, Russia, France in the background, perhaps this could be the last opportunity he will get to make such a high impact/profile presentation in the West and I could well see it being used to set out their own ultimatum of sorts about the West dealing with Israel's nuclear legality evasions as well as their widely criticised settlement activities.

On the other hand, perhaps yet again this will simply be bluster to make him look big back at home, remember they had a serious revolt on their hands recently.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If he wants to talk about Nuclear Non-Proliferation , I say LET HIM IN.

This is the type of talk we NEED.

Let's get him a seat at the table and start negotiating!!!

Well he has to apply for a VISA first before he can get in. The US will grant him one as an internationally recognized leader. The question of the VISA is a non issue. Now on to what they'll do once at the table is anyone's guess.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Well he has to apply for a VISA first before he can get in.

If it doesn't pass, I hear Mastercard is less picky.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I was suprised to see that Iran wants to open dialogue with america.
This is progress for sure!

HOWEVER.....

With the recent announcement about China building a missle factory in Iran, I think that this dude want's to come to America to negotiate a brokerage based on the leverage he will trump that factory up with...

yep, effectively try to blackmail America, probably on the issue over Israel.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

www.ynetnews.com

I wouldn't let him in the country and guarantee his safety sounds like a set up to me. If something happens to him while he's here.....ouch!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

This is progress for sure!

No. it is not progress. It's tactics......Like a game of chess.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
What Ive read US wont offer any possibilities to direct dialoque - why is that?

And that seems to pissed Khamenei...

Khamenei aide: Iran will never agree to nuclear fuel swap

Iran will never accept swapping its low-enriched uranium with nuclear fuel abroad, a senior adviser to the country's top authority said on Friday, making clear Tehran's continued defiance in a row with global powers.

Some countries, such as Turkey, have offered to mediate with the West to defuse mounting tension with Iran over the Islamic state's disputed nuclear activities, which the United States and its European allies fear is a cover for building bombs.

"We must be very naive to trust the West ... Why do they insist on swapping nuclear fuel abroad? It shows they have satanic intentions," Ali Akbar Velayati, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's top adviser on international affairs, told Iran's state news agency IRNA.

"Iran will never trust the West to send its Low-Enriched Uranium (LEU) abroad," he said.

www.haaretz.com...

- They want to be independent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join