It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Oil Spill Now the Size of Rhode Island and Headed For Shore

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

I am very sorry to hear what you are saying... "New Orleans, not again!" ... And this is just beginning. As I read your reports, I even could smell that gas my self, its just discusting. We have oil refinery near our city and sometimes we can smell petrols in the air too... "Yak!"

Damn oil business. I hope you give more your reports, and I wish you all the best over there.

Take care!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

This isn't going to be as much of a New Orleans issue (so far) besides the smell. I am watching the river to see what is going on there as our drinking water all comes from there.

What kills me the most, and what I hear less about, are all the people that live down along the coast with their entire life being threatened as I type. The fishing/shrimping/oyster industry down there is a way of life. It is a way of life for my friends, and a way of life from my own childhood. Its one thing when a hurricane or four destroy your home and you have to rebuild. It is quite another when a manmade structure fails (a la Katrina in New Orleans) and you lose the very life that makes your living in the first place.

Going to be having a lot of shrimp and fish this weekend, it may be the last time I get fresh gulf shrimp in quite a while.

---

Just verified from the news while over at a friend's house, it could take "weeks upon weeks" before the well is capped. Sperm whales, brown pelicans, bluefin tuna, redfish, and sea turtles beware... man has yet another "final solution" for your lives.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I can't believe this spill. It seems like they could move a bit faster, maybe on par with the downplay they had when the spill was first reported. I've stocked up on some frozen gulf shrimp but I dread the lack of fresh redfish and shrimp soon to come. One of the main things down here is the good food, seafood in particular is what I enjoy. It may not be that cold but I'm going to make myself some shrimp and sausage gumbo with some fresh shrimp before it's too late.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
this is disgusting and makes many alarms go off in my head... This will kill so many animals and also poison the water of the gulf region... I can't even comprehend the amount of horrible news that has been happening lately... We are in for a wild ride...

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Well, we are not in hurricane season, wait about two months and then maybe u can talk about there being a hurricane....it won't happen

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
For those of you worried about the rivers: Water doesn't run upstream. It will affect the mouth of the river, but seeing as oil floats on water currents, its not going to run upstream. If you live by the beach there will be oil on the beach. If you live by a river, you're gonna be fine. If oil starts flowing upstream, well then there's a problem.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join