Louisiana Oil Spill Now the Size of Rhode Island and Headed For Shore

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That is the big issue, I thought from the beginning that the leak was only on surface, but on the bottom of the sea is going to take some big combine efforts to fix it.

Now with all the big profits that the oil companies make how in the world they do not have a plan for an emergency like this?.

Where are the damage control teams to be on call for problems like this?, high tech equipment, the under sea experts and so on.

They are pocketing the profits and performing the cheapest way to extract oil at the expenses of human life and wild life.

And they want to have the right to do this damage all over our coast.

What a joke.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The law suits will be insane. Property damage, loss of work, everyone who has bought a fishing license, pier pass, you name it.

Joe Patties will not be the same for a while. The fishing industry ruined. Charter boats will cease. What a mess.

The only positive thing would be that I can take my son to the beach and make oil clump sand sculptures.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

The only positive thing would be that I can take my son to the beach and make oil clump sand sculptures.

Maybe we can "harvest" the oil and have free fuel oil and gas for awhile? Those sand sculptures would probably make good patio torches as well! Instead of making Ethanol and adding to my gas, maybe I can just get a barrel of oil from the local beach every other week and refine it at home?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

State of Emergency Declared in Louisana

Parts of the oil spill could reach the Louisana coast on April 29 so a state of emergency has been declared in the region so that government and local agencies can now get involved in the clean-up process. Governor Jindal made the announcement on Thursday saying they need all the help they can get as the oil is definitely nearing the coast.

Linky

Its not looking good.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It's getting closer.

All you can smell outside right now in New Orleans is the oil on the wind. I was hoping it might have been local construction, but contacted people in different parts of the city and they are getting the same thing.

We pay in so many ways for oil, its a damn shame. :shk:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

It's getting closer.

All you can smell outside right now in New Orleans is the oil on the wind. I was hoping it might have been local construction, but contacted people in different parts of the city and they are getting the same thing.

We pay in so many ways for oil, its a damn shame. :shk:

That is a shame! And no offense to LA, but I hope it stays over there. The beaches are not nearly as pristine as Pensacola, Destin, Seaside, etc.

I really can't imagine what an oil slick washing up on the "Emerald Coast" on the "Sugar White Sands." I have been to Hawaii, SouthBeach, Cozumel, Cancun, Bahamas, Jamaica, etc, and I guarantee Destin, FL to Pensacola, FL is the prettiest stretch of beach anywhere in the world that I have experienced!

This will be a dam shame if the oil gets here!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm now getting unconfirmed reports that hospitals and doctors offices are being inundated with calls saying that people are experiencing chest pains and having a hard time breathing from inhaling the fumes from the spill that are now across the entire area.

Does anyone know the true danger aspect of inhaling this, or are these people prepping for the next class-action lawsuit? I have to say it is nauseating and I had to turn off my A/C because its now in my house and I can't really step outside to get away from the smell...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Seriously? Is it that bad already? Where did you hear about the chest pains etc etc?

I sure hope the Fla gulf coast doesn't start smelling like that. I wish you luck my friend.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

One of my friends works at an Urgent Care center and told me they have been getting a lot of calls. A buddy of his works at one of the hospitals and said that they are getting the same thing.

That's why I said unconfirmed, I am going to try and get some good confirmation on these things and then I'll repost with names of the hospitals/clinics.

As for the smell being that bad, definitely. As soon as I open my door its the first thing you can smell, definitely strong. The winds are coming out of the southeast at about 10mph I'd guess. Stinky.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I hope this isn't as bad as being reported. This would be devastating, especially at a time where we simply cannot handle it.

The world just seems to be crumbling apart.

When will something good happen?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is unfortunate to have happened, but it is a rare event and it shouldn't stop us from drilling off shore. The rig caught fire.....I mean even during Katrina there were few oil leaks, at least not big enough to cause any environment damage. I thought they had set this ablaze yesterday, I was hoping for some shots from NASA....hope it all works out well, it could temporarily endanger some industries on the coasts, and kill millions of wild life.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I hope this isn't as bad as being reported. This would be devastating, especially at a time where we simply cannot handle it.

The world just seems to be crumbling apart.

When will something good happen?

Good things happen every day, the news just doesn't report it....if it's bleeds it leads. There is no money in feel good stories, people love drama...that's why CSI and Law and Order rule the roost and there are hardly any sitcoms nowadays. You have a baby in your avatar, there is a miracle right there.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Your right, I checked a few news sources. I have yet to smell anything in the panhandle.

Here is a few random links..
Link1

Link2

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

You have a baby in your avatar, there is a miracle right there.

Right....she's definitely a miracle

It's too bad the world she's entering is going to S. Hopefully better days are ahead.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Waiting for the press conference for a report from the health department. Fortunately as the reporter just said, the Coast Guard is not stating that the smell is related to the spill.

Landfall of parts of the spill is expected to possibly begin in Plaquemines Parish tonight. And to think, I was planning a fishing trip this weekend to Grand Isle.

CX

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If the smell is that bad that it is affecting people in their homes now, what will it be like if they set it alight?

My thoughts are with everyone who is going to be affected by this over there, it kind of hits home a little more when you read fellow ATSer's being affected.

Whilst you are across the pond thousands of miles away, it's like your mates are in need of help and you feel a bit useless.

CX.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Man if i have to leave New orleans once more im staying out for good and hurricane season hasnt even started yet should have stayed in mississippi how far up will this affect will the higher parts of Ms. and Al. be safe?????

CX

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
On the BBC scrolling ticker, it says that an interior minister has stated that the oil could spill for another 90 days before it can be tapped.

90 days?

If they can do it in 90 days, why can't they do it now or sooner? I have no idea how these rigs work or are tapped so my apologies for what sounds a stupid question.

I just can't imagine three more months of that much oil spilling.

CX.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Don't worry, Boudreaux and I fin'in a way to blow dat oil to bring up all de's fish pre-fried.

----

Turning off the news. This is the first time I have even turned on the television to watch the news in I don't know how long (it wasn't even connected.) Speculation of whether this could be bad for the environment at this point is rotting my mind.

CX, I pray this doesn't last for 90 days, at the rate that thing is losing oil, the planet cannot afford to let it last that long.

CX

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Turning off the news. This is the first time I have even turned on the television to watch the news in I don't know how long (it wasn't even connected.) Speculation of whether this could be bad for the environment at this point is rotting my mind.

Considering the scale and potential of this disaster, i am a little shocked at the lack of coverage on the MSM....as usual ATS will be the place to get the info from.

CX.

[edit on 29/4/10 by CX]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join