It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud

page: 4
17
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Antor
 

This huge objec, if exist, is a Dark star, a Brown Dwarf.


No, it isn't. We've already confirmed many extra-solar planets with mass greater than 5X Jupiter. They are nowhere near the minimal mass required in the definition of a brown dwarf or "dark" star.

This entire thread is based on a new report on old speculation, nothing more.

They cannot (and do not) even state that the probability of this object's existence IS greater than ZERO!

Might as well talk of some of the other "possibilities:" fairies, dragons and a big shoe.

You are giving ATS a bad name with pure speculation; this is the equivalent of tabloid journalism. Is that what the members want ATS to become?

jw



As a member what I don’t want is an arrogant self centered loud mouth running around insulting members for providing information that some of us find interesting. Why don’t you quit trying to police the content of this site and leave it to the mods!!??

Your the one giving ATS a bad name!




posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
But he's correct. You can have many objects that are "Jovian Sized" and planets which are many times the size of Jupiter (the Jovian planet being used as a size comparison) and they still aren't stars. Red, Yellow, Brown, Blue, Green or Purple.

I seem to remember a comet that smashed into the Sun recently was Jovian sized. Could be wrong about that but it seems to me I remember reading about that not too long ago. Size not mass....NEAT(C/2002 V1).

[edit on 2010/4/29 by Aeons]



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Antor
 

This huge objec, if exist, is a Dark star, a Brown Dwarf.


No, it isn't. We've already confirmed many extra-solar planets with mass greater than 5X Jupiter. They are nowhere near the minimal mass required in the definition of a brown dwarf or "dark" star.

This entire thread is based on a new report on old speculation, nothing more.

They cannot (and do not) even state that the probability of this object's existence IS greater than ZERO!

Might as well talk of some of the other "possibilities:" fairies, dragons and a big shoe.

You are giving ATS a bad name with pure speculation; this is the equivalent of tabloid journalism. Is that what the members want ATS to become?

jw



As a member what I don’t want is an arrogant self centered loud mouth running around insulting members for providing information that some of us find interesting. Why don’t you quit trying to police the content of this site and leave it to the mods!!??

Your the one giving ATS a bad name!

Yeah, how dare he tell that other person he was wrong.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 


The object that hit Jupiter was a comet that left an earth sized scar. It's impossible to have a Jupiter sized object in the inner solar system. Observation of the known planets excludes planet sized object far outside the orbits of the known planets.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist
 


I don't agree with you. Saturn is a simliar size, and there are old records of planets, like Venus having unusual orbits. I'm not sure we have the answers to everything that has gone on, or what is possible. Science is a system of inquiries, not credos. My uncle is a physicist and its not a bible of credos, everything is a theory.

I believe that Saturn is not your typical planet, seems a bit like a dwarf star itself, and is kind of inbetween that status to me,and planetoid. If it was a dwarf star then the satellites are probably not moons, and it could have blown off a lot of mass getting trapped here by the suns gravity.

But thats what I think might happen to anything entering our system. Its more likely that a dwarf star would roll through the ort cloud and throw bullets our way, astroids and comets. I don't know about the theory of one emerging from underneath at a different angle, we are at an odd angle to the galaxy. Furthermore, the entire concept of dimensions and space/time is interesting, for the universe has intercepting, almost like a collage, of space/times. These are dimensions. This could change how or why something enters the system.

I do wonder with the possibility of something being trapped by the sun's gravity, why comets come and go? Surely they're small and would get trapped quickly.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Aeons
 


The object that hit Jupiter was a comet that left an earth sized scar. It's impossible to have a Jupiter sized object in the inner solar system. Observation of the known planets excludes planet sized object far outside the orbits of the known planets.


Jovian SIZE corona of comet. Mass is not the same as size.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99
 


Hi Unity 99. I did mean a new planet, not the known planets. That's what I said: the known planets. Saturn is a known planet. So Saturn is not included in the list of unknown object. Of course you've heard me say that 100 times, haven't you?

As far as old records of Venus having unusual orbits. That's not true. That's Velikovsky baloney.

That's right. There are theories in science. And that does not mean 'guess' as the word is used in the vernacular. It's a theory. It is a well demonstrated issue based on many facts, observations, predictions, and verifications.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 


Size is often used interchangeably with mass here at ATS. The comet was not Jupiter sized (as in diameter). The object was small.

New NASA Images Indicate Object Hits Jupiter

The dimensions of the coma state little about the dimensions of the comet's nucleus. The nucleus is in the range of miles across for a large comet.

Comet nucleus - wikipedia



Most cometary nuclei are thought to be no more than about 10 miles (16 kilometers) across.[2] But we do know of cometary nuclei up to 40km across.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by liveandletlive

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Antor
 

This huge objec, if exist, is a Dark star, a Brown Dwarf.


No, it isn't. We've already confirmed many extra-solar planets with mass greater than 5X Jupiter. They are nowhere near the minimal mass required in the definition of a brown dwarf or "dark" star.

This entire thread is based on a new report on old speculation, nothing more.

They cannot (and do not) even state that the probability of this object's existence IS greater than ZERO!

Might as well talk of some of the other "possibilities:" fairies, dragons and a big shoe.

You are giving ATS a bad name with pure speculation; this is the equivalent of tabloid journalism. Is that what the members want ATS to become?

jw



As a member what I don’t want is an arrogant self centered loud mouth running around insulting members for providing information that some of us find interesting. Why don’t you quit trying to police the content of this site and leave it to the mods!!??

Your the one giving ATS a bad name!

Yeah, how dare he tell that other person he was wrong.


Be realistic, he didn’t say “he was wrong” he said “You are giving ATS a bad name with pure speculation; this is the equivalent of tabloid journalism. Is that what the members want ATS to become?” I believe that’s a little different.

The Ops thread was titled Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud. That means the “scientist”, the ones who did the research; think that there is “persistent” evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud. That’s what was being discussed. The idea that we may live in a binary system is intriguing. What effects it may have on earth is apart of the discussion.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Aeons
 


Size is often used interchangeably with mass here at ATS. The comet was not Jupiter sized (as in diameter). The object was small.

New NASA Images Indicate Object Hits Jupiter

The dimensions of the coma state little about the dimensions of the comet's nucleus. The nucleus is in the range of miles across for a large comet.

Comet nucleus - wikipedia



Most cometary nuclei are thought to be no more than about 10 miles (16 kilometers) across.[2] But we do know of cometary nuclei up to 40km across.


It wasn't the comet that hit Jupiter. There was a comet that was Jovian sized that hit THE SUN.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive
 

Be realistic, he didn’t say “he was wrong” he said “You are giving ATS a bad name with pure speculation; this is the equivalent of tabloid journalism. Is that what the members want ATS to become?” I believe that’s a little different.

The Ops thread was titled Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud. That means the “scientist”, the ones who did the research; think that there is “persistent” evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud.


please heed your own advice and try a little reason instead of emotion.

be realistic? why not read the article? the authors clearly state their findings are no more likely correct than a statictical fluke.

What you think it means doesn't trump the "scientist's" own words, or did YOU write the article?

giving a story a provocative title is to gain attention, much like the OP has done. The title alone means nothing without factual support; sort of like personal attacks for speaking truth to ignorance.

jw



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 


No comets with a nucleus the size of Jupiter exist. The coma may be large, but its gas - not solid. That's why I posted the second link. Comets have small nuclei. When the heat of the sun boils off the gas and creates the coma it is large, but that does not equate to mass.



posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That's what I said.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This theory has nothing whatsoever to do with Nibiru. If the Sun does have a Jupiter mass companion orbiting at the distance of the Inner Oort Cloud, then it sure as hell doesn't come anywhere near the realm of the major planets.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Mogget]



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
This theory has nothing whatsoever to do with Nibiru. If the Sun does have a Jupiter mass companion orbiting at the distance of the Inner Oort Cloud, then it sure as hell doesn't come anywhere near the realm of the major planets.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Mogget]


The question is not if this "object" outer Oort Cloud will enter into the inner solar system but, its existence as a "Solar companion". A Binary Sistem.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Even if the object is not a star and there is no fusion, is a few times the mass of Jupiter enough to consider it a binary system ? I'm pretty sure whatever this thing is, it would still be orbiting the sun.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I always thought there was a difference between "nibiru" and "nemesis". Nemesis is supposed to be our sun`s companion star, as it would be quite rare (not impossible of course) for our sun to be a singular star since something like 90% or more of stars are in binary systems. It has been said that this nemesis could cause problems for us when it gets too close and brings objects from the oort cloud hutling all over the place. Hence you will notice they didn`t name it "Benefactor".
Nibiru, on the other hand, is supposed to be a planet on an elongated orbit which is supposed to come in kinda close every 3600 years or whatever supposedly causing the same kind of problems by throwing objects all over from either the oort cloud or the asteroid belt or whatever. What ever else it is supposed to do, I don`t know. People just need to know there`s two (or more) different heavenly bodies being talked about.



 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Uh-oh... Speculation is not allowed?! Aw, crap I got a lot of posts to edit then if that`s the case. Better just burn all of our science books and start from scratch since every important discovery ever made started out as a (hu)man speculating about the world we live in!


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779
 


Absolutely correct.


First of all is necessary to detect the "Dark Star" (if exist) whit visual or phisycal evidence, beyond the statistic and mathematical data. And WISE telescope could help whit search in spatial region indicated by scientists. Then analyze if this star have its planetary system. After that begin to detect the other planets.



posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
If this is as small as suggested, then it is not a star. It is a a planet sized object. Being out that far it could not have formed from the disk of material believed to have formed the solar system. That makes the discovery of the object all the more interesting, because its origins would be perplexing.

This is still all conjecture at this time.



new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join