It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Denies Individual Aid for Storm Relief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Obama Denies Individual Aid for Storm Relief

This is a damn shame. Obama can go and spend millions for foreign aid in other countries, but when something happens here he denies them money to help rebuild. I have a feeling that Obama may hold some animosity for the American people, because he seems to be screwing us around every corner.

Source: www.nbcconnecticut.com...

[edit on 28-4-2010 by ReVoLuTiOn76]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

i completely agree what you have stated here fwend. hows PA?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76

i completely agree what you have stated here fwend. hows PA?

Did you really just reply and agree with yourself?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Why yes, yes he did.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There should be a special forum for OPs that derail their own threads.

Yes it is horrible, ludicrous, and frustrating. I'm all out of "mad" atm. S&F for you nonetheless. Be glad you have a newsworthy topic. lol

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

No, I am with my friend Daniel in Pennsylvania right now, and I left myself logged in, so he decided to play a little joke on me. That's all.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I don't understand, isn't the job of the people to have the necessary insurance for their needs when disasters strike?

I mean, mortgage insurance for homeowners, property insurance for businesses, car insurance for motorist, this is all within individuals reach.

Now if after the disaster people are getting short handed with benefits then the government should step in, that is what happen in the southern states after Katrina.

Then again I am no sure how the state takes care of that first before asking for federal help.

A survey was conducted that identified 1,315 homes in the five counties with damages totaling $5,262,100 in estimated housing assistance needs and “other needs assistance.” Rell's broader request also looked for help for Fairfield, Middlesex and New London counties, as well as New Haven and Windham counties.

The Small Business Administration determined that 116 businesses were affected and estimated the damages at $5,359,250.

I guess all those homes and businesses should have compensations from insurances first

[edit on 28-6-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Haha, makes sense! :-p

I agree, Obama is trying to be the President of the World instead of the President of the U.S. I know other countries need help too, but they have their own elected leaders. Help our citizens first before sending billions overseas!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I don't understand, isn't the job of the people to have the necessary insurance for their needs when disasters strike?

Most people that live within 50 miles of a major river can't find a policy that covers flooding....well at least one that won't bankrupt them.

All general policies contain a rider saying they don't cover terrorist attacks since 9-11.

Etc. Etc.

Believe me...insurance companies on the gulf coast right now (both private and commercial) are pointing out to thier policy owners the itsby bity fine print on ...lets say..page 1349 ...of their insurance policy handbook that spells out how they are not reponsible for enirornmental crisis and associated business interuption.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I wonder if this is setting a precedent for denying "storm" relief when the oilicanes (*copyright ~L) start hitting the Gulf states? I sure hope not. That could be catastrophic. I'd like to see his reasoning.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Is this an imaginary friend?

FYI, government aid to relieve individual suffering is unconstitutional.

Government is not a charitable organization.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by marg6043

Most people that live within 50 miles of a major river can't find a policy that covers flooding....well at least one that won't bankrupt them.

All general policies contain a rider saying they don't cover terrorist attacks since 9-11.

Etc. Etc.

Believe me...insurance companies on the gulf coast right now (both private and commercial) are pointing out to thier policy owners the itsby bity fine print on ...lets say..page 1349 ...of their insurance policy handbook that spells out how they are not reponsible for enirornmental crisis and associated business interuption.

The oil spill was caused by bp and they are set up to pay. I would agree that this is a great idea if it werent for the simple fact that insurance companies like to drop their customers in a given area after a major disastor happens. This happened in Florida where I live after all of the major hurricanes came thru here.

Can we all just face the music and stop re-electing these career politicians where the only thing they make better is bureaucracy?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Point taken.

Tropical Crude Storms?
Petroilcanes?

Damn! I can't beat Oiliicanes...

top topics

join