It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Chronicle: Human-looking entities secretly in the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
As the article quotes the discredited Serpo Documents,

I was reading with amused interest but stopped and went back to the recent posts page as soon as I saw the word Serpo, Hoax/Lie Lie/Hoax what's the point, lying even if some fool believes the lie is not an indicator of intelligence in the liar just gullibility in the believer even the act of believing means nothing if the hoaxed person doesn't change their life, hoaxing= low bravery sociopathic behaviour, too frightened to be mean in the outside world so I'll do it on my keyboard.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Hoax/Lie Lie/Hoax what's the point, lying even if some fool believes the lie is not an indicator of intelligence in the liar just gullibility in the believer even the act of believing means nothing if the hoaxed person doesn't change their life

Well, that’s the eternal question; why hoax? Attention? Fun, spitefulness, delusion? As I’ve never hoaxed, I can’t answer that question definitively. And I don’t think it comes down to a measure of intelligence in the Serpo case; they were written to a professional level, and as such were highly believable, as is the document linked to in this thread.

Whoever wrote them is not a dumb hoaxer giggling behind his/her keyboard.

Many people will quickly accuse highly personal, unverifiable experiences as a hoax, which is a redundant argument as how can anyone prove or disprove an independently unrecorded occurrence? Any discussion that ensues is just a matter of swapping opinions.

Of course, there’s always a prospect of the hoax having been designed to alter the “believer’s” attitude – and, possibly also, the hardened skeptic’s by implanting an intimation of something greater happening.

Who knows?

hoaxing= low bravery sociopathic behaviour, too frightened to be mean in the outside world so I'll do it on my keyboard.

My two takes on the whole thing; Serpo could have been – and don’t ask me for any links as this is just a theory – based on either a real event, or a collection of episodes tied together to make a whole.

Or…

There is an ongoing contest between professional writers who have taken a wager as to how far one of their stories can go being believed to be real before it is discovered to be pure fiction.

There, that should cover all bases.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You're taking me back to my days on Fortean times mb, Serpo wasn't as good as folk say I sussed it at first glance give it another look it's crap, I came to know someone who claimed to be in the instigating group, he/they weren't that bright, as far as his motivation it was shear fun seeing what he regarded as tards believe the crap and argue amongst themselves they had a particularly low opinion of ATSers basically they think anyone who believes anything not proven or mainstream is a tard to be teased, basically a sub culture of skeptic fundamentalism.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Serpo wasn't as good as folk say I sussed it at first glance give it another look it's crap…

Haven’t read it in a while, though it sticks in the memory. Whether that’s down to it being written in a “journalistic” style ie. no flamboyant descriptions and Star Trek action, I don’t know.

As far as I remember, the original Serpo document (haven’t read the rest, apart from the one under scrutiny in this thread) was quite boring, what with all the lists of equipment etc., and that little detail made me ponder on just how a real document, dealing with factual cases, would read.

Perhaps that consideration’s clouding my judgment…

…I came to know someone who claimed to be in the instigating group, he/they weren't that bright, as far as his motivation it was shear fun seeing what he regarded as tards believe the crap and argue amongst themselves they had a particularly low opinion of ATSers

So, my estimation might not be that far from the truth, then? They’re just in it for the craic…

Mind you, they did put a lot of work into it, if your “contact” is to be believed.

And didn’t you know, ATS is a breeding ground for weirdos!

(As an aside: re: “weren’t that bright” - reminds me of getting into a discussion about UFOs with a guy, and as the conversation progressed beginning to notice his theatrical and knowing looks. He then proceeded, with guarded glances to the left and the right, to produce from his inner jacket pocket – a lá FBI - a battered leather bill-fold that contained a “UFO Inspector” badge. I nearly spat out my beer.)

…basically they think anyone who believes anything not proven or mainstream is a tard to be teased, basically a sub culture of skeptic fundamentalism.

Their little game is like shooting fish in a barrel in that case. It’s way too easy to simply aim at the vast and growing numbers of the unquestioning-and-desperate-to-believe brigade.

You're taking me back to my days on Fortean times mb,

PP, is that you?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

PP, is that you?

Negative, would pp use basically twice in the same sentence like my last effort in the post above, come on man think.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

I bow to your clear explanation.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
There seems to be a flurry of 'aliens among us' or 'malevolent aliens' warnings out in the news/entertainment media as of late: Conditioning the masses for the Alien Wars that Von Braun warned of in his final days?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There is nothing surprising here as it is certain we have been receiving offworlders and intradimensional travelers on earth since its very beginning.

Always good to see these types of stories surface as some of us can no longer afford the innocence or pleasure of ignorance and as more people come forward with courage in the face of much prejidice and skepticism to share their piece of the puzzle.

I feel strongly. For the being and hope that their captivity was bearable.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
wow this is weird I just posted this same story a couple of days ago as:
NEW* Aliens posing as Humans, MUST READ

I'm still sorta new around here, maybe someone can tell me if thread jacking goes on alot because this is the second thread I got jacked.

Jacked thread

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I was abducted by humans in blue military uniforms.They are real and EXACTLY LIKE US BECAUSE THEY ARE HUMAN ,I spoke to a couple of them.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
I am getting sick of interesting things being branded hoax right away on this site.

Just look at it the way I do.

All the interesting things automatically get moved to their own forum now.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
wow this is weird I just posted this same story a couple of days ago as:
NEW* Aliens posing as Humans, MUST READ

I'm still sorta new around here, maybe someone can tell me if thread jacking goes on alot because this is the second thread I got jacked.

Jacked thread

Before you go around accusing others of jacking your thread, you might want to check the dates. Only then would you know you that I posted in April and you posted in May. In a way, doesn't that mean you jacked my thread?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join