It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Reagan - How the news broke worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
As we learnt about the Presidents death the major networks were prepared for this and began to put their plans into action. An array of graphics, sounds and shiny idents were rolled out to report the news. Here is how the news broke...

All major networks broke the news at 4:45 eastern in a show of unity.

ABCNEWS: Barbara Walters introduced viewers to the news.

CBSNEWS: Dan Rather appeared on screen having spent the morning preparing for the news. Rather has been the only main anchor to turn up for coverage.

NBC: NBC broke into programming showing this first graphic, paused for a moments then introduced Brian Williams with an important piece of news. NBC was caught off guard and had to leave coverage for some unknown reason.

FOX: Fox was mid-baseball and broke out early to bring viewers a live feed from the FoxNewsChannel, much pleasantries were said and coverage was stale and old. Nothing special. They returned to baseball minutes later

CNN: Heavily prepared for the death of Reagan and utilising the full resources of their new centre in New York the CNN teams delivered good coverage and it appears they broke the news first. A somber looking Soleded O'Brien delivered the news to the public.

I felt compelled to show you how the coverage happened. Hope you enjoy.

Anyone with ability to capture the coverage with a TV card should do so and post pictures, you'll be rewarded with points

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I have made some pics of the CNN coverage:

Some images of his film career

Image of a presidential debate

Oath of office

Reagan and his wife

Reagan's speech after the challenger disaster

Well, enjoy

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Very nice!!!

I do enjoy a nice bit of coverage

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i woke up this morning and turned the tv on and saw that ronald regan had died.

i then preceded to change the channel and all news channels were covering it.

Cnn, BBC, Fox news, Sky news australia (with australian guests who knew President regan).

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
TV caps from CNN are newsworthy because they have news reporting that Reagan is dead?

No disrespect to Reagan or all other threads about him but I can't see any sense in those one. Do people really enjoy watching some screen caps? I am not trying to argue or so, I am really wondering about this.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
TV caps from CNN are newsworthy because they have news reporting that Reagan is dead?

No disrespect to Reagan or all other threads about him but I can't see any sense in those one. Do people really enjoy watching some screen caps? I am not trying to argue or so, I am really wondering about this.

It shows the different ways in which outlets cover a death.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
But there is nearly no difference

(but no offense, thanks for the other news!)

- by the way. I read in one thread about Reagan that news stations are preparing reports about his life - I guess the US stations handle it the same like the german ones, they have prepared reports for nearly every popular person. So basically the report about your life which will come posthum is already finished. Strange feeling, at least for the popular people

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
the strange thing is that just hours before his death, there was spoke people for him & his family saying his health had not declined.

is that the normal policy??

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Nerdling

Were you able to catch the History channels biography last night? Most excellent. I learned a lot of personal things that made me love the guy more, but interestingly I also came to appreciate Nancy. I had not before this time, but she loved him very very much.
And that's a nice thing to learn. He also seemed to be a very loved father.

new topics

top topics

join