It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia concerned over Georgia's arms build up! (a prelude to war?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Russia has expressed concern over Georgia’s effort to build up its military might by importing large quantities of weapons 18 months after the crisis in South Ossetia. According to State Duma deputy Dmitry Vyatkin, before the conflict in the South Caucasus many had turned a blind eye on Georgia getting ready for war.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0ec45e442e5.jpg[/atsimg] Source: english.ruvr.ru...

What is going on in this part of the world. According to Russia media, Georgia is causing problems in the region. To me, that signals to the Russian people that Putin needs to put a beat down on them. I sure hope not-it may not be the same playing field. See these addtional links if you wish to learn/read more. What I do find interesting is how Georgia is using Drones-and very well. Just a matter of time before Russia opens up. I wonder what the results of that will be? A true test of both sides of the conflicts.

Georgian drones violate Abkhazia’s air space

Georgian drones have violated Abkhazia’s air space more than 40 times since May last year, says an official of the Russian Security Service’s Border-Guard Department in Abkhazia Vassily Malayev. He has also said that more than 25 caches with arms, ammunition and explosives have been found in Abkhazia
Source: english.ruvr.ru...

Georgia started hostilities in August 2008 - EU investigator

Georgia was the one to begin hostilities in South Ossetia in August 2008, Heidi Tagliavini, head of the EU fact-finding mission investigating the causes behind the 2008 war in the Caucasus, told the Parliamentary Assembly of Council of Europe on Wednesday. She said Georgia had failed to properly account for its actions. At the same time, she believes other parties involved share responsibility for the conflict.

Georgians aiming to repossess Abkhazia, South Ossetia?

Georgia has unveiled a national strategy to repossess what it calls ‘the occupied territories of South Ossetia and Abkhazia’. The Russian OSCE Ambassador Anvar Azimov has dismissed this blueprint as a propaganda ploy based on visions that have nothing to do with reality. He urged the Georgians to realize that normality in the South Caucasus is unachievable as long as they refuse to recognize both entities as independent states. Mr. Azimov also said that the recognition of them by Russia is irreversible and essential for their physical survival in the face of unending Georgian threats.

Russia offers security project for South Ossetia and Abkhazia

Russia suggested a draft document on non-using force for Georgia, Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The South Ossetian delegation agreed that Russia’s project will become the basis for future agreements on non-using force. Conclusion of such an agreement is the main aim of the Geneva discussion that started after Georgia attacked South Ossetia and Abkhazia in August 2008. But Georgia categorically rejects signing such a treaty because it still views South Ossetia and Abkhazia as its breakaway parts, not as sovereign nations.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
im all against the bear and everything but georgia is insane to think they have any chance at all at taking back abkhazia and south ossetia... unfortunately for them, what they wanted was independence and now they are dependent on russia.. either way the abkhaz and south ossetians are screwed...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
We all know anglo americans are behind this. they never let people just exist in peace, and there the ones supporting this geezer, he is all over american news isn't he,a nd they portray him as a friend to the usa.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

maybe they are insane in trying to take back those areas BUT they are doing it-it appears.

I swear those Georgian soldiers look like US Marines, except for the weapons.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think this is propaganda from the Russian government;
Kind of like how the United States said Iraq had weapons of mass destruction;

During the last conflict between Russia and Georgia the citizens of both countries were saying that Russia attacked Georgia for no reason and shooting at citizens for no reason;

I also remember hundreds of super hot Russian girls popping up all over social networking sites, just chatting and being nice to people;

So yeah,
My point is Russia is capable of propaganda too

top topics

join