It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we continue to look to government to fix our problems..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It's "A" tool, but what if the tool is broken...? anything we attemp to fix with it ...
well wouldn't that be shotty at best...? using a broken tool to fix a real problem...?

when are we going to get around to fixing the Tool...?

www.youtube.com...

Yea, I was Drinking With Bob again... we love Irish Beer-z

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There is a continued push to make us more and more dependent on big uncle Sam, because when you need them, they control you. We look to govt. to fix our problems because the system is set up that way.

-E-

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Perhaps because the governments (federal, state, local) have taken away our ability to fix our own problems through regulations, and laws.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by SpacePunk]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hi

IMO id say we choose to pass the buck. It is much easier to use the "broken tool" so that if our attemps fails we can quickly blame it instead of taking responsibility for our actions and deads.

However I to do belief that to an extent we are limited to acheiving thing without the Goverments shove.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Because government has such a great track record of fixing problems?

Because whenever we try to fix our own problems we are hit with a mountain of forms and regulations and fees?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
drinkingwithbob better watch out.

If he is not careful he will be placed on the ADL list, JUST LIKE US!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
At least your going to be like the nanny state that is europe one day.

Your country still is the biggest serial killer group in the world desperate to find people to kill. But at least your going down the european way of how government will be running your life too.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Because we were conditioned, indoctrinated and brainwashed to rely on them. They slowly did so then took away our independence so they had more and more power over us.

My 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Because we give 35-50% of our income to them, and we need what they let us keep to survive and live "the American Dream".

If I had some of that money back I'd hire some guys to go start fixing the potholes and mowing the sides of the roads in my area, picking up hazardous roadside junk etc. Then I'd hire some to go downtown and see if anyone was hungry and feed them. prolly get fined or arrested tho.....
Have some young people go around checking on the elderly...The list could go on if we all had some of that hard-earned money back.

If everyone did that, starting in their communities to fix what the gov isn't doing, imagine that....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Because we're ignorant and afraid that we won't be able to take care of ourselves. We'd rather deal with the devil that we know rather than with the devil we don't.

Remember that old saying from the 60's? What if there was a war and nobody came? Well, what if there was an election and nobody came? We as Americans have become so fat, dumb, and happy, that this as a solution is NOT unrealistic. It does, after all, involve doing nothing. How hard can that be?

Let the border states, north, south, east, and west take care of the foriegn issues that affect THEM the most, and let the "fly-over" states take care of themselves and domestic issues. If an issue that immediatly affects a border state bleeds over into a "fly-over" state, then it immediatly becomes a state issue because the immediacy of the problem just changed geographically.

Why do we even have a federal govt. anymore? Because we think we are the UNITED states of America? We are united by geography ONLY. Arizona is not united with, say, West Virginia. We have vastly different needs. Back in the 1700's we WERE the UNITED states of America. 13 colonies united against England. Sorry to wake you up people, but this aint 1776 anymore. We are still trying to base our laws on a constitution that was written before cars, telephones, electricity, and air travel. Our needs as a country have changed DRASTICALLY, but the basis by which we make our laws has not? Can we GET any more socially retarded? That being said, a person would have to be delusional to think that the socially rejected morons in Washington could do a better job at establishing and enforcing laws in any given state, then the people who actually live there. Arizona is a prime example

People are crying that the federal govt. is conspiring this and that against the American people. And they may very well be doing just that. Why? BECAUSE WE LET THEM!!!

You want a conspiricy? Why don't you conspire against THEM? The are ALOT more common people then the are politicians, police, and the armed forces combined. I'll bet we outnumber them ALL at least 1,000 to 1. Think about it.

This little experiment called "democracy" in the U.S. of A. has failed and everybody knows it. The system cannot be fixed. It HAS to be changed. And it's gonna have to take the collectiveness of the common people to get their cajone's back on to make that change happen.

Peace

top topics

join