It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmaker to Introduce Anti-Immigration Bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Please don't go there. After HCR & all the other crazy stuff we've seen under this president (yes, the last SEVERAL presidents), do you really think that it is so far fetched, it couldn't happen? Please believe me. There are people already out there & activist who I wouldn't even think of putting this past. I have had the living daylights flamed out of me because I wouldn't WELCOME these people to sleep on my porch or let them camp on my property.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I don't know about you guys in Chicago, but in the border states law abiding citizens are sick of the illegal alien situation. We won't mind showing our ID to help our police get this business settled.

The police are our relatives, friends, and neighbors, not just some unknowns. If you don't know the police of your neighborhood maybe it's time you changed that. Maybe then you wouldn't be so worried that they will be coming for you next.

Edited to add:
This has nothing to do with immigrants, this is about ILLEGAL ALIENS, the two are not interchangeable.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by SheaWolf]

[edit on 28-4-2010 by SheaWolf]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The problem is that the illegal looks exactly the same as the legal and thus the legal may be required to show his/her proof of citizenship based solely on ethnicity. So the Mexican American in Texas might have to show his/her I.D. over and over again, while the illegal from some other country walks down the very same street without a worry.

Pick any point in history and apply this mentality, lets have the Irish, Russians or Jews have to show "proof of citizenship" any time a police officer decides they "Don't look American." Heck why don't we just wear armbands as proof of citizen ship or affiliation.

Take a look

Ever hold one of those? I have, My Grandmother was in occupied France.

How about some pink Triangles for all the Gays? Its cool

I'm Gay, pink goes with everything in my wardrobe.

The thought of this sends chills down my spine at its implications and it should do the same to yours.

Illegal immigration is a problem, of that there is no doubt but this is not the way to address it.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Helmkat]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Funny how so many claim the government has too much power and yet, this is probably the biggest case of racial profiling to hit the States in a very long time....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The police can not pull you over simply to check your papers.

READ THE BILL!!

They are now given the legal right to arrest you if, having been pulled over for probable cause, you cannot provide proof that you are here legally. Before, they could pull you over, but they COULDN'T arrest you if you were found to be here illegaly. Even if you were speeding. Ironically, if you were here legally, you COULD be arrested, for say, speeding.

If anything, they are putting the illegals on the same playing field as us legals.

How dare the state of Arizona do something so Naziesque

Again, READ THE BILL!!

Peace

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Here is what I do not understand from those who are objecting to having to show identification to the police.

I don't either. I have had to produce identification for police and DOT many times, I figure this is a power we give to police so we can be safe. I am a Citizen of the Republic of Ohio, a Natural Born American, I can prove it, and do not mind proving it. I don't really see why anyone would have a problem with this. Unless of course they are doing something illegal.
The supporters of illegals are not gaining support, they are making enemies at home.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I wonder how many here can see the irony of the same people praising this law that allows police to go up to any law abiding citizen and ask for their papers are the same ones who are screaming for the government to get off their backs.

They are going after the immigrants (and dark skinned people) now, but they will soon come after you. Which group will they target next?

I do agree illegal immigration is a tough item to deal with and something must be done about it. But asking law abiding people for their papers is not one of them (national ID might get started this way, too).

Really? Not too studied on the American Culture, are you? We have all carried ID for many years, friend, and had no problem with it. We are happy that we have police who "Protect and Serve" the rest of us, we pay them to do that, and give them the power to do that, we can take that all back at any time, but we do not. why do you think that is? And don't give me that "government target," son. I am a government target, for things I say on message boards, and for shining the light on secrets best left untold. I am an armed American with the Right to bear arms, and I love my country. I have no desire to invade someone else country. We are a Nation of Laws. Most of these Laws have been on the books since America was born. No body is making new laws, they already exist.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I have read the entire bill, and it does state that the police are required to make their own decisions on who looks like an immigrant and who does not. It does not state anything about pulling people over or stopping them on streets. It says nothing about when they cannot do such a thing.

If one is driving and looks like an illegal immigrant, they can pull them over. If one is walking, they can stop and ask for their papers.

The law leaves a lot open to interpretation, and that is a dangerous part of it.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

Well here is a newsflash for everyone. Look up HR 2499 that is being pushed thru tomorrow by both parties.
Someone can start a new thread for it.

Puerto Rico is going to become our 51st State.
They will get 2 Senators and 6 congress Reps.
They will be lead by the new Progressive Party.

Oh, and we can share in the wealth with them as well.
They barely have anyone that will pay taxes, just as they do not now.
But, now they will be able to claim all the Govt freebies that will cost us Big Time.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by j2000]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Many of the militia groups are opposed to things such as drivers licenses and other forms of IDs. Many people do not carry ID, and would not be asked for it.

My main problem with these laws is they are targeting people who might be US citizens to produce their papers or ID, without any law being broken. The only stipulation is that they LOOK illegal. I do not understand how so many of the same people are marching on the government screaming about how they are intruding in their lives and yet are applauding a law that does the same thing.

I have read the bill, it it does not mention having to have broken a law to be asked for any form of ID. All a person has to do is LOOK like someone who might (or might not) be illegal. If you have no problem with this type of authority given to the police, then I do not see why the same people should go march against what they say are intrusive policies.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

READ THE BILL!!

They are now given the legal right to arrest you if, having been pulled over for probable cause, you cannot provide proof that you are here legally. Before, they could pull you over, but they COULDN'T arrest you if you were found to be here illegaly. Even if you were speeding. Ironically, if you were here legally, you COULD be arrested, for say, speeding.

If anything, they are putting the illegals on the same playing field as us legals.

Again, READ THE BILL!!

Peace

Thank you.
I wish more would read it and not listen to the nut jobs that twist everything. This isnt like a Dem bill with 12 thousand pages of crap they don't let you read.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Well here is a newsflash for everyone. Look up HR 1499 that is being pushed thru tomorrow by both parties.
Someone can start a new thread for it.

Puerto Rico is going to become our 51st State.
They will get 2 Senators and 6 congress Reps.
They will be lead by the new Progressive Party.

Oh, and we can share in the wealth with them as well.
They barely have anyone that will pay taxes, just as they do not now.
But, now they will be able to claim all the Govt freebies that will cost us Big Time.

I cant find anything about this.

www.google.com...=en&source=hp&q=HR+1499+&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&fp=3f73b7d243bf661

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Glenn Beck said it. it doesn't really matter because the residents have vote on it it anyway and I don't think they will want it. The last time they voted on it they said no.

I just can't type today...
[edit on 28-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Utah is considering this also, can't blame them, they are next to Arizona where are all the roaches going to run to now?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

GO TEXAS!! ive got to say, the democrats are so out of touch on this issue, all they are looking for is votes. which is sad...

So why was it the GOP that blocked immigration reform under George W. Bush? And why is the GOP fighting any immigration reform under Obama...oh, right, they think it's a winning issue to say "Democrats haven't done anything!" while pretending the Republicans aren't the ones stonewalling.

i bet if you polled texans on this issue you would find 70% of them want a law similar to the one arizona just passed too..

As someone who lives in Texas, you are no doubt correct. I can think of a dozen similarly ignorant laws that would get a resounding "YEE HA" from Texas.

you know why people are protesting and crying racism, cause thats the only arguement they have.

Do white people need to carry a birth certificate and social security card at all times to prove their citizenship? If you say "No," then I have to ask "Why not?" And if you say "Yes," can you say it with a straight face?

Remember - this law says that if a cop asks you for proof of immigration/citizenship status you either produce it or go to jail.

whats the federal government gonna do if all 50 states pass a bill like this...??

Once the Supreme Court strikes them down for violating the 4th and 14th Amendments, I'm guessing they'll laugh.

Funny that the ATS crowd, usually fearful and suspicious of growing government power, now has no problem with police stopping people (other than drivers) to ask for their identification papers.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well here is a newsflash for everyone. Look up HR 1499 that is being pushed thru tomorrow by both parties.

Oh really?? HR 1499 in the 109th Congress is a bill to exempt certain commercial cargo ships from harbor maintenance fees. In the 110th Congress HR 1499 is a bill to allow soldiers in a combat zone to make pension contributions. Maybe your racism clouded your eyesight. Do you people just make this -snip- up?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

I have no idea man, I did a google and some whack job was saying Glenn beck said it. I think you can put that to rest.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

READ THE BILL!!

Again, READ THE BILL!!

Peace

Thank you.
I wish more would read it and not listen to the nut jobs that twist everything. This isnt like a Dem bill with 12 thousand pages of crap they don't let you read.

Do either of you know where you can find that the cops can only ask for your papers if you're pulled over while driving?

The "most likely" context where this law would come into play is a traffic stop. But there's nothing in there to prevent a cop from asking a jaywalker for his "Papieren, bitte." Or someone "loitering." Or any number of other "lawful contacts."

Maybe YOU should read the law.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Oh really?? HR 1499 in the 109th Congress is a bill to exempt certain commercial cargo ships from harbor maintenance fees. In the 110th Congress HR 1499 is a bill to allow soldiers in a combat zone to make pension contributions. Maybe your racism clouded your eyesight. Do you people just make this -snip- up?

My Bad. It's H.R. 2499...............

Hey, I was close.

As too the other poster about Glenn Beck. It does matter, because they will not get asked the same question on this vote. After that, they will only but have one choice left.
It's a trick by these SOB's.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Glenn Beck said it. it doesn't really matter because the residents have vote on it it anyway and I don't think they will want it. The last time they voted on it they said no.

I just can't type today...

No offense but...Glenn Beck is the LAST person you should consider credible for any accurate information.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join