It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmaker to Introduce Anti-Immigration Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Youtube video : Illegal Alien Supporters in Arizona Say They Will Murder Americans With Axes

How nice of them. But eh, a bullet travelling at high speed will win over a axe every time.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah I saw that a little while ago and immediately thought to myself:
"You know, I bet none of them can swing as fast as I can pull the trigger on my AR-15 with a 100 round Beta Mag. Just put a red dot between the eyes right before they swing and poof! Red Mist for all!"

Now Im sure Im gonna get flamed for that but how is what I just said any worse than them wanting to murder me and my family with an ax? At least if I pull the trigger they wont suffer. If they get me with an ax, I WILL suffer. Also, my statement was made thinking about defense of my family and myself so which statement was more humane? Think about that before anyone flames me please.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by DerbyCityLights]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I wonder how many here can see the irony of the same people praising this law that allows police to go up to any law abiding citizen and ask for their papers are the same ones who are screaming for the government to get off their backs.

They are going after the immigrants (and dark skinned people) now, but they will soon come after you. Which group will they target next?

I do agree illegal immigration is a tough item to deal with and something must be done about it. But asking law abiding people for their papers is not one of them (national ID might get started this way, too).

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here's for the bleeding heart
libs.

Let's start a new program. "Sponsor a Mexican" Just like when the rest the world comes to the US legally, they have to be sponsored by an employer.
You can shell out of your pocket and pay for everything they need, and cover the costs of lawyers etc for anything they do wrong.

You can also teach them English, and that our flag does not have green in it. Then if you want to talk about turning them into citizen's, I am all ears.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
While I applaud the states efforts in AZ and Texas and I think they are on the right track, becqause like it or not ILLEGAL immigrants should not be here and do not deserve to remain in this country, free to live untaxed and in many instances rob and murder.

But the bigger question I have is WHAT will this really solve? As long as we have giant gaping holes across our southern border rounding up millegals and deporting them back to Mexico will simply be a sad exercise in futility.

What good will it do when every time INS arrests, detains and deports 20 illagl aliens, another 100 have sifted through the desert and into the country illegally?

Sealing and protecting our southern borders should have been a primary goal of the Federal Government twenty years ago. Now, due to indifference and inactivity we have full scale drug wars being waged in our cities and boarder towns which we are unable to prevent.

Until the feds do their job as the servants of the people and secure the entry points where illegals are sneaking through, more and more will simply sneak back across to replace the ones that the states will be deporting.

Makes you almost ask yourself why, when the biggest potential threat facing this country is terrorism and disease outbreak, we would still have a wide open boarder where any rapist, murderer, kidnapper, terrorist or disease courier can simply walk right in and set up shop.

Think it may have something to do with all of those potential votes?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here is what I do not understand from those who are objecting to having to show identification to the police.
When you purchase something that is age controled you have to show some form of id or be denied your purchase. If you are stopped by the police, most of the time they want to see some form of ID to verify your idenity or you can be detained. And most of the time when they police check your ID you are not there, you don't know what they are asking on the radio or on their computer, so what all is this really going to do? It means that the police will have one more thing to check and verify.
Reality is that when you present your id, those who are looking at it, have the right, as it is part of policy, to ask you some details, not just look and hand it back to you. Think about how many times in the past you have had to present some form of identification in say the past week, month and year. When you get hired, you have to present identification that has to be verified.
And the other thing that I am confused on is, during the health care debate you heard from the Democratics about the language and how we need to tone down what is spoken, well what is being said by those who are oppose needs to be applied as well or is this just a one way street as long as you agree with federal government there is no penalities or condemation?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Easy....because they arent LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. They are breaking the law by entering and being here illegally.

Try packing up and sneaking into Mexico and see how long you last down there. Not sure where the bogus sense of outrage is coming from when authorities are simply asking them to provide proof that they are here legally.

If they are then they have nothing whatsoever to worry about, welcome to America, no problem. But if they are here illegally then they need to get to packing back to wherever it is they came from.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
instead of cracking down on people who hire illegals, they have to persecute the illegals themselves.

it doesn't make any sense how they do this, if they had no opportunities here, they wouldn't come here. if they made it a huge risk to hire illegals, if caught they would go to jail/fines/etc., this wouldn't be as big of a problem.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Youtube video : Illegal Alien Supporters in Arizona Say They Will Murder Americans With Axes

How nice of them. But eh, a bullet travelling at high speed will win over a axe every time.

besides that, those are just empty threats from an angry community, it wouldn't be the first time.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

How do the police know who is an illegal alien and who is not? That is the main question out here that even the governor of Arizona does not know. This means going up to a law abiding citizen who has a right to not show ID if they do not want to. This law also gives groups the right to sue the police agencies if they do not pull people over and ask for their papers.

I know many civil libertarians and Ron Paul supporters who think this is one unconstitutional law. My father would not cooperate with this law if he was still alive.

Many people do not like the police intruding on their lives, and this is an example of unlimited police powers. They are going after dark skinned peoples now, but give them time and you will be next.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I'll also say since you said the Dems are way off topic on this matter, THAT THE REPUB'S ARE WAY... WAY MORE OFF TOPIC ON THIS MATTER! Funny how everyone on ATS has been calling the Dem's Facists when all I'm seeing is Republican states passing facist Laws - Such as illegal search and seisure in Arizona. Man I only wonder now what would've happened if McCain was elected president? Would this be a facist country already???

[edit on 28-4-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

This is the same argument about allowing police to search your house without a warrant. If you are doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to hide. That is how they start taking away our civil liberties. Pulling law abiding US citizens over just to ask for their papers is a serious form of unconstitutional search. Many civil libertarians such as myself fear this is only the start of such laws. It may now be directed against dark skinned peoples, but it will soon open up to other groups of peoples. Soon, you will not have any one to help you.

Again, I do think there is a serious problem with illegal immigration and that needs to be dealt with. But having laws designed to throw people in jail if they are not in possession of their drivers license is not a good way to start. (I know of many people who do not carry ID with them.)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I guess USA is now fascist for real, the oldschool way.
But i think they didn't count on people waking up, despite all their efforts.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I understand your point but this has nothing to do with ilegal search and seizure. It is simply giving law officers the ability to ask for proof of residency when making an arrest or a traffic stop. Up until this point they havent even had the ability to question wheather someone is here illegally or not.

What is wrong with giving law officers the ability to do their jobs by enforcing laws that are already in place? All this does is give LEO the ability to verify residency, and when confronted with an illegal actually be able to do something about it.

It is a simple matter of producing a green card, a drivers license or basic proof that you belong here. Is that such a difficult thing to do?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
reply to post by vor78

I just pointed this out in another thread. The Fed is not supposed to regulate State Law according to our Constitution. Our Federal Gov was formed only to protect the people from Foreign and Domestic violence and infrastructure. It is the job of the States to regulate this, even though the FG feels they should have a say.

Personally Im very happy to see this issue finally getting the time in the spotlight it has needed for so long.

The unabashed stupidity in these interpretations of the Constitution is causing headaches. The wording of the Constitution makes it absolutely clear that immigration law is the province of the feds.
he two references in the Constitution that specifically mention aturalization, are found in Article I, Section 8 in creating the authority of the Congress, “To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization.” Thus from a Constitutional stand point it is the responsibility of Congress to establish all laws and rules of naturalization or immigration.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sometimes, Marg, even the Avg Joe. A few years back, a friend of a friend was concerned about the game warden coming around his place in the Hill Country. He had several illegals who help him out living in a school bus on his property. Was he worried about the guy finding them? Nah. He'd killed a deer for them & was concerned because he was over his limit.
He'd hung the deer right by the bus.

Thank you, Congresswoman Riddle!! (wish I could be a fly on the wall for this debate)

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Good for Texas.

Like I have said before... If they came here illegally,.. do you think they will follow the law once they get here?

Not to mention they are untaxed, and get free healthcare as far as I am aware. Rediculous

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If enough states push this type of legislation through, perhaps it will persuade the feds to do their job.

I hope that other states join the bandwagon.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

Yes, the constitution does grant the Fed the authority “To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization.”

However it does in no way grant the authority explicitly to the Feds for illegal immigration penalties or enforcement of them. This is given to the States.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The state law allows the police to pull people over or stop them on the suspicion of being an illegal alien. No crime need be committed or law broken:

Requires a reasonable attempt to be made to determine the immigration status of a person during any legitimate contact made by an official or agency of the state or a county, city, town or political subdivision (political subdivision) if reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the U.S.

Here is the Arizona state law:

www.azleg.gov...

It comes from the Arizona State government site:

www.azleg.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join