It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

found this on channel 4 online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
i found this programme on channel 4 its tony robinson and some scientist investigating the paranormal.
ive watched the first episode and it was ok, has some good background on old psychicbut to me they are trying to hard to try and make the psychic's look like frauds more than anything which to me is a bit annoying, also the woman scientist isnt will9ing to accept anything and moans and whines alot and to me is a little to stuck up.
see what you guys think, not sure if this website works everywhere because its an english channel.

channel 4

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
the MSM will always put down and discredit the paranormal because those in power do not want the mass population to evolve. so the denounce and make everything to do with spirituality (except christanity, which imo only works against human evolution) look like crazyness, its absurd.

also, all the experiances ive had with ghosts has been talking, like actual physical sounds, never any manifestions, but certanily words, even conversations. its unfortunate that one of the main experiances we have with ghosts is with sound, which is so easily discredited. plus i dont think they care if we believe or not, so why would they listen to "ghost hunters" who tend to be a little more than disrespectful when trying to get in touch with a disincarnate spirit

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

I've always been of the belief that there are types of ghosts. That one type, an echo for instance, is caught in a loop. This type of ghost is constantly reliving out an event from it's past existence. Much like Chicago's Resurrection Mary. This being the case, the echo cannot respond to a ghost hunter asking "is there anyone here with us" because the echo isn't actually sentient, but is instead a loop, like a record caught on repeat.

Another type are the discarnate, diabolical and aggressive type. These are remnants of angry, spiteful, or animal-like people. There civility has been eroded away. So why would an animal respond to any kind of vocalized language? It would just be an angry, feral beast.

Occasionally you'll have a sentient, knowledgeable ghost. However, if this is the case, it is probably remaining tied to this plane of existence for the simple fact that it's here to dispense something. If the ghost hunter doesn't go seeking the appropriate information, this type won't respond. After all, if you're truly aware of your disembodied state and aren't caught up in an emotional trap - why would you stay in one place unless you had a specific purpose for it?

Just my opinions though. As for the OP, I don't like/trust any "ghost hunting" TV show. All of them are over-sensationalized, and intellectually dishonest to one degree or another. They either discredit everything that doesn't show up as an EVP or on the electromagnetic reader - or they discredit any ability to feel these things as psychological or neurological interference.

When you've had a genuine experience, you don't care if it shows up on some EVP or not. That's my stance.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

i do agree with all you post but then i do like watching some paranormal programmes just for entertainment value but htis programme just angered me even when tony robinson had a good experience like the one where he has a past life regreshion, she trys to make him feel stupid, or said he had the memory artifically memorised then mocks him and everyone else at the end of the episode, tony robinson even has a go at her for it.

i my self experience paranormal all the time and no one can change my view on that not even my trying to make me feel stupid

top topics

join