It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown Gaffe : Calls woman a Bigot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Just watched on Sky news as Gordon Brown insulted a woman after getting in his car.
He had a microphone on him, at his request, so as to pick up his conversations with the people he met on his walkabout in Rochdale.
After talking to the woman, Mr.Brown gets in his car, with the mic still attached to him and says " That was a disaster" He goes on to say " I don't know who's idea it was to put me with that woman" and this is interesting because these were supposed to be random people he met. He then says something like " It must have been sue" perhaps one of his aides named sue?

The worst part is when his advisor/colleague in the car asks something like "What was the problem, what did the woman say? Gordon then says

" Oh I don't know.. some bigoted woman"

It's all over the news at the moment and this gaffe is sure to have a negative effect on him and his current strategy of winning people over and proving he can actually talk and interact with people.

This has just happened and is all over the news, but I'm waiting for some online sources to report this.

ETA

Sources are now reporting.

news.sky.com... id=ARTICLE_15621596_Gordon_Brown_Caught_Out_Calling_A_Woman_A_Bigot

www.channel4.com...

blogs.ft.com...

Video here

Video on right hand side of story

Good version here

And a poorer quality version here

Woman's reaction to his insults.

Brown's cringe-worthy reaction and apology

[edit on 28/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Well I think this is pretty funny personally.... but truly a disaster for Labour and personally for Brown.
Obviously politicians are just like anyone else, they insult people and slag them off and when nobody is listening, they even say things like this.... but for him to do it in this way and on live TV.... well, it's just so damaging.

The Tories have jumped on this and have and I would imagine this is going to run for a while now, Gordon really should have known better and was almost itching to insult this woman.... as soon as he got in the car he was like "That was a disaster"

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
haha, cant stand the bloke so it couldnt have happened any better timing wise.

I can just imagine the words used to describe the person he blames for this gaffe! - which of course wont be his fault.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It was really awkward.
Somebody will either lose their job over this or perhaps Gordon will just punch the person to blame?

He's pretty bullish at the best of times, NOW... he's gonna be pissed

Trying to get the video up.... waiting for a video to appear online.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
news.sky.com... Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15621596_Gordon_Brown_Caught_Out_Calling_A_Woman_A_Bigot

blogs.ft.com...

Pmsl.

What a cock up...this will do him no favours.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Apparently he handled the woman very well and then goes and says this.

You couldn't make it up.

[edit on 28/4/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Oh mate I know.... This is hilarious.

They're interviewing the woman on TV now... and she is pissed off.

I mean we all say things about people and insult people behind closed doors and in our minds and under our breath... but fancy leaving a Mic on and actually really insulting the woman.

This is gonna really hurt Labour...

They should have ditched Brown a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Seems like this event could've been SO much worse for Brown. That's the worst he has to say when he thinks he's clear and off-mike? He's a saint!

I went looking for a video of the interview -- was kinda curious if the woman actually sounded bigoted to me. No luck so far. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
VIDEO IS HERE....

On this site on the right hand side.

www.channel4.com...

Only other one is terrible quality... this one.

Wont be long until a good quality version is up.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Bigot: n A prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own.

Gordy the Freemason gold seller brown is the biggest bigot of them all - this was an epic and blissful event coming from a woman who speaks for most of the poor end of Northern England.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Magzoid

Well if the EU Referendum and the selling of our gold at the lowest possible price weren't enough, he's now insulting the voters...

As Freeborn said, you couldn't make this up.

Gordon Brown is now on BBC Radio 2... Talking to Jeremy Vine... who's obviously grilling him.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
On sky livenow flapping with his apolagies,m note the hand on head in despair of what he realises is gonna haunt him.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
, Brown the bully meets real voter and didnt like it .
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot , bye bye Brown .
The worst prime minister we never voted for .

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Bloody labour have been ruining enough lifes. Gordan brown being chancellor when he was, has a massive part in what happened being english chancellor, we all know this.

Its amazing he is even in this position. But the press does never just tell the truth, lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

HA! Hilarious! Thanks for the vid. The woman didn't seem bigoted to me at all.. At the start of the clip it seemed more like she wanted to get away from him, like she would've sprinted if she'd been able to.

Yep, that's a showstopper all right. I'd like to see more politics from countries besides the U.S. thanks Blup

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sound_sensi

He looked soooo gutted.... so deflated, he realises that all the good work he's done (which is obviously not a lot) has all been wiped out in one comment.

Oh man.... This has truly livened the election campaign up.

He's now trying to say the woman WAS a bigot and was moaning about eastern europeans.... even if she was, I don't think it's his place to insult her live on Television

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I know... it's just soooo uncomfortable all the way round right?
He was just accosting people and making them talk to him...

And yes, I'm still waiting for a better quality version of the vid to embed, but the ones on the news channel websites are fine... I'm sure youtube will have a good one up soon.

Oh man... too funny.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Too right!
ah this has made my day

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well I don't like the guy so I don't feel too sorry for him. You have to keep track of when the tapes are rolling after all.

However, lets be honest. He is being roasted for being human. We have all suffered through an encounter with someone we found insufferable, and once free of there life draining powers, vented to whomever we felt would be sympathetic. This was no more and no less.

So he found a woman annoying? *gasp* How dare he not truly like everyone he comes into contact with. What an #@*@!!! /sarcasm off

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I now cant wait for the final leaders debate tomorrow .
Labour are heading for their worst defeat in living memory .
The only down side is this will bolster David Cameron , this country is in soooo much trouble .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join