It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Sumerian lost city found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Sumerian lost city found

But I thought only Sitchin understood Sumerian language? /sarcasm

"Amar-Sin, whose name was chosen by Enlil in Nibru, the attendant of the temple of Enlil, the mighty king, the king of Ur, the king of the four quarters of the earth, to Enlil, his beloved king, the temple ...has built for him".

Interesting indeed and wonder what else they will find?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Oh, other archaeologists understand Sumerian cuneiform just fine, they just refuse the evidence of their own findings, and so they try to heap derision upon Sitchin because he refuses to deny the truth. Great find, by the way.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well this source is iffy to say the least. It is a free lance writers website, some of the information cannot be correlated. For example, the part where it mentions an AGADE news report where the find was supposedly first reported does not exist or I just can't find it. The news article listed as a source used by the writer of the article you linked also does not show anything...

What I'm trying to say is that the source you linked is the only source for this and the information it presents does not match up.

If this happens to be real, which I doubt, then what does it have to do with Sitchin?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
Well this source is iffy to say the least. It is a free lance writers website, some of the information cannot be correlated. For example, the part where it mentions an AGADE news report where the find was supposedly first reported does not exist or I just can't find it. The news article listed as a source used by the writer of the article you linked also does not show anything...

What I'm trying to say is that the source you linked is the only source for this and the information it presents does not match up.

If this happens to be real, which I doubt, then what does it have to do with Sitchin?

People keep clamoring about that Sitchin is the only one who can read Sumerian language and is making all this up about Nibiru and the Anunnaki.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

No one ever claimed that Sitchin is the only one who can read Sumerian cuneiform.

What are you thoughts on the authenticity of the source you posted?

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Where was it said that only Sitchin can read Sumerian text?

Second line.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hello my friend

I havn't seen you playing for a while.

I would echo your questioning of this "News" seeing that such an astonishing matter would result in a GLOBAL Sound Bite since the War in Iraq does need to present some accomplishments and showcase items to support it's original intent on making things better and more peaceful in Middle of the Birthplace of Civilization.

I did a review in several Source Sites which resolve around such activities and nothing has been noted during the last 14 Days.

If anything does appear, that revolves around this subject, I will bring it here for review, but todate, I can not located any confirming article.

Now I wonder if this maligns the "quoted" text of the Tablet found?

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well this source is iffy to say the least.

some of the information cannot be correlated.

Now it definitely smacks of Sitchin-ism.

I lost all faith in anything Sumerian after reading that joke David Icke and doing my own extensive research on the topic. The poor ghosts of the Sumerian culture are being used to push agendas and make money for a select few in the community.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Abdul Amir Hamdani is the Director of the Antiquities office in Nasiriyah

It's related to this find, from www.archaeologydaily.com;

Iraqi archaeologists find ancient Sumerian settlement

Iraqi archaeologists said on Friday they have discovered a 2,000 year old Sumerian settlement in southern Iraq, yielding a bounty of historical artefacts

The site, in the southern province of Dhi Qar, is in the desert near ancient Ur, the biblical birthplace of Abraham.

"There are walls and cornerstones carrying Sumerian writings, dating back to the era of the third Sumerian dynasty," said Abdul Amir al-Hamdani, head of the provincial government's archaeology department.

Hamdani said the artefacts, which included sickles and knives, largely dated back to around 2000 BC, during the rule of King Amarsin, the third king of the third Sumerian dynasty.

He said the site "changes our perceptions about the Sumerian settlements, because they used to be near water or rivers, and this one is located in the desert."

The newly discovered site lies around 80 kilometres (50 miles) southeast of Nasiriyah, the capital of Dhi Qar, and is close to the ancient city of Ur.

Ur of the Chaldees was one of the great urban centres of the Sumerian civilisation of southern Iraq, and remained an important city until its conquest by Alexander the Great three centuries before Christ.

You might even see more newly discovered sites;
Army to map Iraq's ancient cities

This post was from when news about this site was first released;

This guy, Hamdani, issues press releases about discoveries in Iraq every now and then but they don't seem to get much attention from the western press.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Here is another site but a blog, but this person has stated it came from AGADE news.

archaeologicdiscoveries.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by dragnet53

No one ever claimed that Sitchin is the only one who can read Sumerian cuneiform.

What are you thoughts on the authenticity of the source you posted?

Cheers.

I don't know, but I found another blog speaking about this find. I posted it on another post.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Busta_Nizut
Where was it said that only Sitchin can read Sumerian text?

I second that. I can even read Sumerian given the online dictionary.

BATILTU ADARU, BASU NEPERDU

(Stop Worry, Be Happy)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Iraqi archaeologists said on Friday they have discovered a 2,000 year old Sumerian settlement in southern Iraq, yielding a bounty of historical artefacts

This is either a typo, or they are being loose with the term Sumerian.

The Sumerian Civilization was gone by around 3000 BCE.

Many reports use the term "Sumerian" to indicate Akkadian, but they were also loooong gone by 2,000 years ago.

This had to be Babylonian, Hittite, Assyrian or something like that.

Either that or, like I said, it's a typo.

Harte

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
More info from that same archeologist site:

www.presstv.ir...

More Sumerian tablets found.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

looks like a typo on the bloger's behalf, al-Hamdani stated 2,000 BC in his article.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This also relates to this site

Iraqi antiquities officials receive Artifacts from Third Dynasty of Ur

By Basem al-Rikabi
Azzaman, April 28, 2010

Iraqi archaeologists have received 13 artifacts dating to the Third Dynasty of Ur, which flourished in southern Iraq more than 4,000 years ago.

The artifacts were illegally dug up by an Iraqi man from an unprotected ancient site in the southern Province of Dhiqar of which the city of Nasiriyah is the capital.

Dhiqar covers the area where the ancient Sumerian civilization thrived with its magnificent capital, Ur.

Ancient Ur, known by its fabulous ziggurat, or stepped tower, is one of Iraq’s most fascinating tourist attractions.

“The pieces handed in to us represent clay tablets with Sumerian cuneiform writing. Some texts seem to be of a mathematical nature,” said Amer al-Zaidi, head of Nasiriyah’s antiquities office.

The person who returned the artifacts was not named. However, he was reported as saying that he came across the tablets while digging on an unguarded ancient mound.

Dhiqar is one of the richest Iraqi provinces with antiquities.

Zaidi said there were up to 12,000 ancient mounds in the province. “The total number of guards we have is 98,” he noted.

The site of Ur was heavily damaged by U.S. occupation troops, which used it as their main barracks in southern Iraq.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

This also relates to this site

Iraqi antiquities officials receive Artifacts from Third Dynasty of Ur

By Basem al-Rikabi
Azzaman, April 28, 2010

Iraqi archaeologists have received 13 artifacts dating to the Third Dynasty of Ur, which flourished in southern Iraq more than 4,000 years ago.

The artifacts were illegally dug up by an Iraqi man from an unprotected ancient site in the southern Province of Dhiqar of which the city of Nasiriyah is the capital.

Dhiqar covers the area where the ancient Sumerian civilization thrived with its magnificent capital, Ur.

Ancient Ur, known by its fabulous ziggurat, or stepped tower, is one of Iraq’s most fascinating tourist attractions.

“The pieces handed in to us represent clay tablets with Sumerian cuneiform writing. Some texts seem to be of a mathematical nature,” said Amer al-Zaidi, head of Nasiriyah’s antiquities office.

The person who returned the artifacts was not named. However, he was reported as saying that he came across the tablets while digging on an unguarded ancient mound.

Dhiqar is one of the richest Iraqi provinces with antiquities.

Zaidi said there were up to 12,000 ancient mounds in the province. “The total number of guards we have is 98,” he noted.

The site of Ur was heavily damaged by U.S. occupation troops, which used it as their main barracks in southern Iraq.

I swear sometimes I wonder if the Anunnaki could be the Vulcans in Star Trek. I wonder if Rodenberry read those tablets before he died....

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Excellent find! If we could only get the remainder of the archeology community off of the mainstream bandwagon, we may learn a little bit about our actual history! Regardless of what that history may be!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

This is either a typo, or they are being loose with the term Sumerian.

The Sumerian Civilization was gone by around 3000 BCE.

Many reports use the term "Sumerian" to indicate Akkadian, but they were also loooong gone by 2,000 years ago.

This had to be Babylonian, Hittite, Assyrian or something like that.

Either that or, like I said, it's a typo.

Harte

I might be wrong but I think BCE means "before common era" that would make it roughly 4010 BP "before present"

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There are lots of opinion on the dates for ancient Iraq. But it seems to have found its official genesis around 7000 years ago and lasting some 3000 years.
Which would make 2000 BCE jive.

I'm no expert just doing some wiki surf
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join