learn more

What is with the trust of NASA?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

hahahahaha please don't talk about sheep...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

What racist statement have I made please tell me?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL

hahahahaha please don't talk about sheep...

Please explain how we are being the sheep when it is us who have shown through investigation, logic, and observation of the world around us (and, admittedly, research by others -- but per-reviewed research) in attempts to verify certain aspects of the Apollo Moon landings -- while you have...

...simply repeated something you've seen on the internet.

Sometimes, the actual facts on an issue don't agree with one's preconceived notions regarding that issue. It's the sheep who can't some to terms with this, and follow the flock no matter what evidence is presented.

[edit on 5/31/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Usually I don't put people on ignore but I did both of you....I'm ready to say some things to you both that would be a "breach" in contract here at ATS so yeah peace be with the ignorants...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh and mr. Doomsday I meant "If you can count how many stars that was" not if you can spell, just clarifying.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

He put us on ignore. Apparently we have been asking too many hard questions.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

The rise in the number of moons discovered around Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, and Jupiter was not caused by better telescopes.

Many of the moons of Neptune and Uranus were found by data from the Voyager 2 spacecraft gathered in 1986 -- Because of direct observation by Voyager 2, the number of moons of Neptune went from 3 to 8, and the number of moons of Uranus went from 5 to 16.

Jupiter and Saturn are closer, so ground-based observation is still effective in finding small moons (unlike for Uranus and Neptune). However, the rise in the number of moons for both Jupiter and Saturn were not "strictly" the result of "better telescopes as your link says, but rather due to a single team of astronomers using a new method for searching for these moons....The team led by Scott Sheppard and David Jewitt discovered the bulk of Jupiter's and Saturn's small moons.

Sure, the fact that the telescopes they used were "better" did help the discoveries, but it was more the method used and detailed observations used by this team that led to theses moons being discovered. If it was only because of better telescopes, then many more people would have also discovered these moons -- not just mostly this one team.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

The rise in the number of moons discovered around Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, and Jupiter was not caused by better telescopes.

Many of the moons of Neptune and Uranus were found by data from the Voyager 2 spacecraft gathered in 1986 -- Because of direct observation by Voyager 2, the number of moons of Neptune went from 3 to 8, and the number of moons of Uranus went from 5 to 16.

Jupiter and Saturn are closer, so ground-based observation is still effective in finding small moons (unlike for Uranus and Neptune). However, the rise in the number of moons for both Jupiter and Saturn were not "strictly" the result of "better telescopes as your link says, but rather due to a single team of astronomers using a new method for searching for these moons....The team led by Scott Sheppard and David Jewitt discovered the bulk of Jupiter's and Saturn's small moons.

Sure, the fact that the telescopes they used were "better" did help the discoveries, but it was more the method used and detailed observations used by this team that led to theses moons being discovered. If it was only because of better telescopes, then many more people would have also discovered these moons -- not just mostly this one team.

I believe the article just used that as an example of an argument that could be posed, the "better telescopes" statement.

Regardless it does cause one to ponder if those are not new discovery's but rather new arrivals. With NEAT comet, shoemaker-Levy, and a string of other phenomena, it's something to ponder.

Peace

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join