It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with the trust of NASA?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
There was a thread not long ago about nibiru, now IM NOT claiming it exists but for all the skeptics the only graphs I got from anyone were from NASA...they have lied to everyone consistently yet we believe them consistently ...I just don't get it.
Space rocks are now classified look it up...moon landing, call me crazy but that crap was a hoax to strike fear in the minds of other countries during the cold war...and where are most of our taxpayer dollars going? Into massive and I mean mile to two mile deep city's....What for? Because they have not told us.
They have to be prepping for something big.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I agree with you. NASA really is not run by civilians for one and is just an extension of the military. Nasa started off as a legit organization i believe but later in time more and more corrupt people made it well up the ranks and it became a PR agency while the real space program was being built. It is no more different than the media today all propaganda and they give us a grain of salt of truth. I mean you could spend a lifetime exposing the lies and cover ups from air brushing photos to coercing or threatening astronauts to stay quiet. Well thos old dogs are talking now they were well on the way out and i think even Buzz might get to talking again about what he seen up there. I know cooper pretty much blew the lid and gordon too.

But for some reason that baffles me is some people insist even after admitting nasa lied to them they are like "so what" it's for our own good?

I guess that is ok if you don't mind being lied to. Usually in any relationship like ours with NASA when one starts to lie it is for the wrong reasons like a cheating spouse. What we don't know wont hurt us right?

When i learned Obama was cutting funding to nasa for the moon mission i was glad. It would be a huge waste of money for the simple fact we would be left in the dark no different than the last 40 years since Apollo.

I would like to see NASA get scrapped and start a new space agency or put the funding in the hands of contractors and we could have some kind of access to what we have been paying for. Usually when someone pays someone to do a job they do not have to wear a blind fold while the guys is mowing you're lawn if you get what im saying.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I *never* trust a word NASA says, ever. They are holding too many secrets and withholding way too much information from the public.

IMO they are part of the whole ET/UFO cover-up conspiracy.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I see you follow Bill Cooper...If you noticed how easy his death was staged you would probably see why most don't wanna talk anymore unless It's co-intel like alex jones....All I need is a couple of whistleblowers to come with some info about everything that's really goin on...The more I watch the news the more I see the pre-programming like the coal mine disaster 25 dead and obama was there at the memorial...and nothing against the men who died but whats goin on is he makes a big deal out of (I feel bad for saying this) something little so when something bigger happens It's made into such a big deal they declare martial law...
Does anyone really think NASA is the only one that's never been touched?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Something that bothers me

"the grain of salt is what they give us"

Funny you mention DUMBS because that reminds me

Now remember the new Sun photos the other day and the sun which was dormant for a few years is starting to rumble again and nasa is forecasting huge solar flares and storms in 2011 and 2012. Saying this could cause serious problems such as knock out our power grid for months to years even. Many scientists are predicting even worse. So when NASA says it will be bad that means it will be really bad given the grain of salt. Now think if they are building these dumbs then they want to be under ground protected from?

Radiation from the sun perhaps? And mind you they are not making preparations to prepare our power grid for this. So social collapse and starvation and all things will be knocked back in to the stone age for whatever duration of time. Hoe dependent we are on electricity and how bad we could be cooked from solar radiation.

Then overpopulation solved they come out of the spider holes months later and the population is cut down drastically.

Just a scenario and facts but food for thought

Yes Bill Cooper was killed by assassins and nobody can find the supposed cop he shot because

he does not exist

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I'm beginning to believe that it may happen sooner than 2012 because if you have noticed people only prepare right before the fact...and this 2012 thing has gotten so much publicity...seems like a detour.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I have a similar issue with NASA, but as I've posted in another thread there isn't much can be done about it, short of hacking info for ourselves.

Recently I was appalled by some of the information given our on their 'ask an astrobiologist' section in which the author touted AGW as scientific fact. Now it's my understanding that the Co2 we emit as a race could not compare to the emissions mother Earth produces and that it's simply arrogance on our part to assume that climate is not cyclical which myself, along with many renowned universities with many respected scholars propose, and the evidence is overwhelming.

I would have thought it's not an area of concern for an astrobiologist to comment on Global Warming, so why were they so vehemently on their homepage? I raised the question via email and got a shockingly blunt 'you are confused - do you know how science works' response.

Needless to say, the argument could not be settled in this brief exchange and he no doubt had better things to do, but slightly offended as he had side-stepped a response in place of an attack, I held respectfully that he could be wrong as he has been wrong on other issues, and cited, again his own words, where he stated regarding planet rotation that it has not and could not ever happen to any planet, so why were we all so worried about 2012 (I don't think anything like this will happen and my response had nothing to do with 2012). I pointed him toward our neighbour Venus which has a retrograde rotation thought to have been caused by impact similar to the size of that which is thought to have created our moon. My point? It can and has happened, therefore if he is wrong about that, how can he in the face of masses of geological data, avidly promote the AGW theory?.

I didn't get a reply to that, and he still hasn't corrected any of his wording on the site.

This is of course a personal exchange and I'm not normally prompted to message anyone but I felt the dismissive responses were abhorrent and it has only further marred my opinion of the folks at NASA... I say that regretfully as there's so much we can learn from them, if they only choose to be factual.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Just in case you don't know , NASA is holding a press conference today .

WASHINGTON -- NASA will hold a news media teleconference at 1:30 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, April 28, to discuss the status of agency-sponsored astrobiology research, including the search for evidence of extraterrestrial life and the study of how life began on Earth. Topics also will include the quest for evidence of life on Mars, the habitability of other celestial bodies, and future technology research.

This may just be more of the same dis-info or maybe a chance to start the disclosure process .
Here is an ATS thread on it for those interested

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
As far as the alien question goes I know what I saw...I believe a human was flying it though...but I also believe that the systems we are seeing around the world is really something exotic and not from here...NASA plays a big role in that cover-up...So many videos that they explain away as "ice" or "debris" umm not from what I have personally seen these things do...It pretty much goes against anything we know about gravity.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWOWILLFALL
There was a thread not long ago about nibiru, now IM NOT claiming it exists but for all the skeptics the only graphs I got from anyone were from NASA...they have lied to everyone consistently yet we believe them consistently ...I just don't get it.

You engage in red herring after red herring.

Unable to construct a cogent argument to support your ideas or present evidence that falsifies the NASA data, you instead rely on ad hominems and appeals-to-spite. You cannot tell us why the data was wrong, only that you distrust NASA, therefore it must be wrong, evidence be damned.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
This may just be more of the same dis-info or maybe a chance to start the disclosure process .

So, either the evidence supports your beliefs or it is disinformation. That is a very arrogant and immature thought-process. It fits this thread well.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
Yes Bill Cooper was killed by assassins and nobody can find the supposed cop he shot because he does not exist

Who says he doesn't exist? Where does that information come from?

Bill Cooper's worshipers are among the most vile and unthinking members we have. There is no depths they will not sink to the justify the man's actions.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I said look up that space rocks are now classified...for what?...the NEAT comet which we didn't hear about though they could see it clearly, near misses that we never hear about until an independent astrologer finds it and the media has to report so, what evidence? man don't insult my intelligence...That's what you skeptics do, cry and howl all day about how your smarter than anyone else... I really don't care but please don't tell me that I have no evidence because I have evidence to make that statement look foolish

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

Actually, Myth Busters did an episode where they placed a flag in a vacuum and the kinetic energy transferred from the force of planting the flag allowed it to wave as though it were in a wind tunnel.

Not saying you're wrong, just that this argument has been addressed. For all we know everyone can be lying, including the show's producers, but I understand the principles behind how a flag can wave after being planted in a vacuum.

It's fair to say though that there are plentiful reasons to distrust not only NASA but the majority of government funded agencies.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Thank you! I checked again and your absolutely right...again there are still many reasons (if you do the research) why the moon landing was hoaxed...but nonetheless that's true.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

post by DoomsdayRex
So, either the evidence supports your beliefs or it is disinformation. That is a very arrogant and immature thought-process.

Why , because i don't tow the line you peddle
Looks like you forgot to take your chill pill today Rex

[edit on 28-4-2010 by gortex]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

Of course, most notably the Van Allen radiation belt would be my first concern. None of us have all the facts but certainly it was a great concern to the Russian Cosmonaut program and seemingly not an issue for NASA.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Wow when I saw that statement about William Cooper I cringed...Just arrogance.
He pulled a gun on NO ONE...Just as the feds have done in other cases (hundreds) planted a gun on him...I know Cooper had guns in his house, he knew he was a target...but he did nothing...He admitted that he was given fake documents about extraterrestrials to make himself look crazy...He knew and warned about the NWO that is now coming in front of the light...Sorry for ranting but this William Cooper is the bad guy doesn't sit well with me...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

I said look up that space rocks are now classified...

What space rocks?

Are you talking about the shift in military policy in 2009 where data from classified satellites would no longer be shared with astronomers, thereby robbing them of data when such satellites detect exploding meteors in the atmosphere?

the NEAT comet which we didn't hear about though they could see it clearly...

Which NEAT comet? There are a lot of comets with the designation NEAT.

near misses that we never hear about until an independent astrologer finds it and the media has to report so, what evidence? man don't insult my intelligence...

You're doing a good enough job of that yourself.

That's what you skeptics do, cry and howl all day about how your smarter than anyone else...

Again, instead of a cogent argument, you rely on an appeal-to-spite.

I really don't care but please don't tell me that I have no evidence because I have evidence to make that statement look foolish

Then by all means, let's see it.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Wow when I saw that statement about William Cooper I cringed...Just arrogance.

No arrogance whatsoever to state the facts. In the minds of his unthinking, mouth-breathing worshipers, Cooper can do no wrong. Everything the man is justified and when they cannot justify it, they either dismiss it or create lies.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join