It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be freewill in Virtual Reality where V.R Graphics will be like reality?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Internet 2 will be one huge online world where you put on a suit and smell and feel and see just like reality.

games.venturebeat.com...

I feel entertainment should be freewill, as long as it don't physically harm someone in real. It should have content rated from G to X. Parents need to be responsible with what their children do.

www.streamhead.com...

The game I'm going to play is a online world. Not sure if its going to suck or not. www.mortalonline.com There should be freewill in entertainment. So don't blow up America its not Babylon Internet 2 is.

What do you think.

We will use internet 2 in online games when we are traveling long distances in space.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
Nanobots will kill the viruses and germs we are not use too.
So what is your opinion on this subject of freewill in the virtual world as long as it don't harm anyone in real.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hey Theone2000, nice avatar.

Have you considered looking into Lucid Dreaming? If you want to experience flawless "virtual reality", your bed is as far as you need go.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude
Hey Theone2000, nice avatar.

Have you considered looking into Lucid Dreaming? If you want to experience flawless "virtual reality", your bed is as far as you need go.

Yea I dealt with lucid dreaming and that mkultra stuff. "This is before they banned it." hehe
www.youtube.com...
But that's not want I'm talking about. I'm talking about Virtual Reality that will be so advanced that you cant tell the difference between Virtual Reality and reality by 2030.

Should there be morals needed? Or should there just be a rating G to X.

I feel there should be complete freewill as long as no one gets seriously harmed in real. *Don't be a wimp. Like if someone calls you names. Just call them one back. It don't need to start a real war over the following analogy : Chinese man says your are American pig,i In VR2 And American retalates and says something derogatory to the Chinese man,* May we live in peace and play video games in V.R. (Takes his ziprexa and abilify, larazapam calasapam, ambian. campral, and tramadol.)
What do you think?

*Gets knocked out by my drugs.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Freewill should always be allowed but it won't be. People are so morally confuse they even think that characters in video games are real people and shouldn't be harmed.

Just look around: In message boards, we got moderators who censor and delete things they think are not okay, event if its just some simple swear words, because "the other users are humans too".
Think about Video games and all the scandals with GTA, the No Russian mission in Modern Warfare 2 or stuff like Rapelay. Nobody gets hurt with those games and it's actually fun to be bad and do stuff you'd never do in real life.
But there are people out there who think that it is wrong to "shoot" at graphics and it's wrong to kill "civilians" in games (even though there are just a bunch of pixels, graphics, nothing more). In the german version of modern warfare 2 the game ends if you shoot at a "civilian" in the no russian mission....

Virtual Reality will then be like a message board: Full of political correctnes, full of moderators and watcher who like that nothing "bad" is happening, especially since you are there with other real humans

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
To "harm someone" has many interpertations. In VR world, you couldn't physically harm anyone, but you could certainly harm someone psycologically. Of course you can do that now, online.

I play an onlinegame now more than I should probably. I can recognize in myself the possibility that a VR world would become my whole world, a world where everyone is beautiful, strong, rich...where the sun shines everyday, the bird song is always clear..

I am fundamentally oppsed to any one trying to regulate morality, I don't need or want some entity telling me what is right or wrong. But I am in the minority, most people want to "protect the children" so are happy to accept controls over their online lives.

I fear that any future VR type game world would be policed in the name of the "children", most online games now do it voluntarily, they have an official stance on subjects like this, but of course that doesn't mean it doesn't still go on. I remember when SecondLife banned ageplay, hailed as a measure to protect children and yet still readily available, despite what the official company line might be.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I think it should be like it is in the show Caprica, which is pretty much do as you will.

but as for freewill and virtual reality...we could be in that already

new topics

top topics

join