It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOOTAGE! - Scorching, Plasma Rain Observed on the Sun!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
meh, not really taht impressive or interesting imo, its a ginat ball of fire who cares?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

That giant ball of fire is the only reason you are allowed to live bub.

I would call that pretty important...

P.S. You spell it "Giant"

[edit on 28-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Ong Bak

That giant ball of fire is the only reason you are allowed to live bub.

I would call that pretty important...

P.S. You spell it "Giant"

[edit on 28-4-2010 by DaMod]

And of which we don't know to much about....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Um, the Hinode satellite from Japan has been used for similar videos showing the exact same thing as far back as 2007. Why are they now just looking at this phenomenon? I've seen much better stuff from Hinode too... Is it because this is a Nasa only thing? Not that this isn't cool or anything, just seems like old news.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBaskettIV

I guess its something we do not get to see very often, hence the big news.

Astronomers have seen eruptions like this before, but rarely so large and never in such fluid detail

The footage here will provide valuable information about understanding our sun better.

g

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TaintedJustice
nice vid .. the first vid whats the object that appears at exact 10 secs in and shoots into the sun ..

also if you watch the third video , an object is clearly seen shooting back out of the sun at a faster rate than the gas is moving.... and it doesn't come back down in the gravitational pull. can someone explain this to me ?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The way that the suns gravity grabs that plamsa is AMAZING. I have never seen something so epic!

Thanks for sharing.

Peace, now wouldn't that be a fine thing.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thank you for those vidoes, and thank you DaMod. I feel vindicated somewhat
Event horizon within our sun... And some scoff. Pfff

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So is it white hole, black hole, or black hole, white hole.
So if a black hole sucks does a white hole burp?

Witch hole came first?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Awe-inspiring - absolutely awesome and amazing.

*Not really stuck on a-words, but they do it justice*

Great find!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Cool stuff very few of the plasma/matter escapes the sun, but when it does it wont be prety if something that huge is even close to earths trajectory. And it just goes to show how little we actually know abouth something that is seen as obvious by everyone everyday.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
What is that squiggly line on the first two films ? It looks like a hair on the lens. Did someone forget to wear their hairnet

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak
meh, not really taht impressive or interesting imo, its a ginat ball of fire who cares?

Thanks for your input. .....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Multimillion dollar equipment and still amateur astronomy is just as good as the SDO.....

Enjoy some Amateur footage!!

Kdial1

[edit on 28-4-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Between polarwarrior's cloud post and this one you have made, I'm not sure I've had a more positive and generally enjoyable beginning to browsing ATS. Really makes you humble and in awe at the sheer size of what is taking place in these videos. Then to imagine that this is on a micro-scale compared to what's going on in the rest of the known universe. Then to imagine the perspective of an ant (if an ant had the same level of consciousness we do). Thank you for the awesome beginning to the evening's hour or two of ATS'ing, especially after a long day at work and in school.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by grantbeed

Between polarwarrior's cloud post and this one you have made, I'm not sure I've had a more positive and generally enjoyable beginning to browsing ATS. Really makes you humble and in awe at the sheer size of what is taking place in these videos. Then to imagine that this is on a micro-scale compared to what's going on in the rest of the known universe. Then to imagine the perspective of an ant (if an ant had the same level of consciousness we do). Thank you for the awesome beginning to the evening's hour or two of ATS'ing, especially after a long day at work and in school.

Hi Shark,

Thankyou so much for your compliments. It means a lot to get some praise once in a while! (especially after the shocking week i'm having at work!)

Welcome to ATS and I hope you enjoy all of your visits to ATS in the future!
grant

[edit on 28-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ong Bak

Riddle me this. Why would you come to a thread titled "FOOTAGE! - Scorching, Plasma Rain Observed on the Sun!" to waste the effort in typing how unimpressive and uninteresting it is?

Uninteresting I can at least fathom, but unimpressive? Do you realize the raw energy and power involved in what is happening, not to mention the size and scope? I wonder what does impress you? The newest video games, 3D movies, E-hollywood entertainment

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by spacecase7717

It's a spec of dust as stated under the clip.

The black "hair-like object" is a speck of dust on the CCD camera

science.nasa.gov...

g

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

These clips are excellent indeed and thanks for posting them, but I would have to disagree and say the NASA clips at the link are way better!

That's just my opinion though.

g

[edit on 29-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Amazing as the scale maybe of that rain on our sun, what about the scale that we seen of Carina nebula from Hubble which are light years across.

www.usnews.com...

Shanlung

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join